Deagostini Falcon extra lighting question

Thanks for sharing tengel07 . I'm glad you know what you're doing regarding electronics mate , cause truthfully told , I've no idea what you've posted means ( sad to say ) .

I'm hoping it's all going well though , and when you're ready , please keep one on hold for me . I do try to check in on the site / s as often as possible , but wouldn't want to miss out .

Cheers Ged

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of amps can this thing handle? The 3 transistors on the stock Deago board are rated at 500ma each, though I suspect the actual rating is far less.
I split the lights of the falcon into 6 channels (landing, cockpit, head, turret, engine, ramp) - each channel can handle 500mA.
i plan optional expansion ports with 1.5A to increase the current for a selected channel. Its possible to add upto 3 expansion ports to the board.
Optional parts: mp3-soundmodul and bluetooth modul with android app or windows pc app.

I'm thinking you should beef up the channel for the engines. There are a lot of lights back there, more than anywhere else on the ship.
I have already fried one of the stock 500mA transistors running just 2 headlights, 2 turret lights and Gus76's running engine lights. I'm not sure what his lights draw but the stock 500mA transistor couldn't cope. He was nice enough to repair my board but I'd rather not go through this again. If this is to be an aftermarket control board, it should be ready for aftermarket lighting. Otherwise, what's the point.

tengel07 ,

I know you've described what you're proposing in #80 , but I'm wondering if you could perhaps do a side by side comparison of the supplied board and yours - major differences etc ?
Putting into words even a dunce ( in so many things - especially electronics ) , like myself will understand ?

Im sure that should allay any questions / doubts / confusion people may have regarding it .

Cheers Ged :facepalm

My Support Board for the Falcon:
Replaces the two led strips from deAgo with a 22 RGB-LED-Strip (Neopixel WS2812b) and can drive additional lights with max. current of 5A.
The support board and the deAgo board uses the same power line and can be switched on/off with the deAgo RC.

Engine Test-Runs:

Hey Torsten ,

Nice to see that operating inside the Falcon . That's the board you'd already offered and ' sold - out ' of right ? ( post #66 ) . Certainly an improvement - no middle gap & cool start up sequence and flickering effect . How's the other board coming along ? , it isn't the end of October yet , but hoping that's also going well . Looking forward to future updates .

Cheers Ged

Okay, so I am a complete novice in regards to lighting and electronics, but ideally I'd love to build my Deago Falcon in a kind of hybrid style between Craig G and Christopher Olson (extra cockpit lighting, interior hold lighting, interior corridor lighting, white & red landing lights, engine lights, ramp lights & movement, landing gear bay lights and rear engine lights) - would it be possible to use Tengel07's support board in conjunction with the stock Deago board to power all that stuff?

(I'm assuming so, since according to Christopher Olson, he got most of that stuff to run on a board drawing only 1.2 amps).

In order to get some hands-on experience with LED lighting, I'm thinking of investing in some LED lighting kits for a few Lego sets I have, just so I can get at least a basic feel for how some of this stuff works before I dive into the deep end of the pool by customizing the electronics for my Falcon.

Been working on my Falcon lighting, sound and ramp control via Bluetooth for a few months and finally made enough progress to have some prototype PCBs made.
Im utilising an Arduino Mega to carry out 90% of the work and an Arduino Trinket controlling the engine lighting (Neopixel strip). I’ve utilised the Blynk smartphone app to control everything, the first vid shows the proof of concept, the second my current PCB set up. The board consists of 13x 12V output lines for various lighting circuits, and 7x 5V outputs all via 2 pin JST connectors, the 12V lines can handle up to 500mA each and the board total is 5A so more than enough for my needs :D

I ordered my lights from Chris Holland in July and haven't heard from him since. He doesn't answer on Facebook Messenger where I have contacted him and his wife before.
Should I be worried?

I ordered my lights from Chris Holland in July and haven't heard from him since. He doesn't answer on Facebook Messenger where I have contacted him and his wife before.
Should I be worried?

I had a similar experience and ordered mine last July and did not get the kit until the following March!!!! I used the contact form on his website but in recent months he has not been very responsive.

http://mybuildsandmods.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_28.html

I have the last known email of both he and his wife but do not know if it is against forum rules to post it. If so, just IM me and I will pass them along, if they are even still valid?

I had a similar experience and ordered mine last July and did not get the kit until the following March!!!! I used the contact form on his website but in recent months he has not been very responsive.

http://mybuildsandmods.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_28.html

I have the last known email of both he and his wife but do not know if it is against forum rules to post it. If so, just IM me and I will pass them along, if they are even still valid?

Thanks! I'll try his website and see if I can get anywhere.

Well, I finally got a reply from Lorraine. She has informed me that Chris has recently had surgery as a result of heart problems and has been unable to use one of his arms since an artery from that arm was used in the procedure. Looks like they are definitely behind on a lot of orders but has promised me that they will get them out as soon as possible. I wonder though, why it took so long to tell me? I inquired once in October, and then again in November and got no reply. Lorraine finally replied on my third attempt this month.

I'm kinda stuck while I wait. I just don't want to plug anything into the circuit board until Chris' lighting kit has arrived. Once I know how everything fits I can start plugging in the existing lights and stuff. Otherwise it's gonna be pretty difficult to remove them later.

So what can I do now but wait? :cry

Hopefully, not for too long. I don't want to have been waiting for a whole year...

So what can I do now but wait? :cry

You can file a claim with your payment company for fraud to get your money back and build your Falcon with your own lights. Taking money for a product and not delivering it is fraud plain and simple whatever the excuse is. I've heard other people complain about his lack of communication and slow shipping which prompted me to avoid purchasing one of his kits for my own build. Here is a picture of my completed Deagostini Falcon which was built with nothing from Chris Holland.
20171005_211618.jpg

Is there really no one else who sells custom lighting kits for the DeAgo Falcon?

I'd love to light my Falcon, but seeing as I literally know NOTHING about lighting and electronics (so much so that even installing one of these homebrew kits would still probably be a bit of a gamble) anyone who could cook something up like what Holland was offering would be a godsend.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back