Deagostini Falcon extra lighting question

For anyone wanting to know which transistors control which lights on the stock Deago control board, I made up a simple color coded diagram.

s!As0h-m8BOJzXe0_YT9I028h5hBY

View attachment Falcon Control Board.jpg

Last edited:
Please elaborate.
Is this something that you plan to make available for purchase? - Yes
Is it to be more robust than the anemic Deago board? - Yes
Could it be made to have extra sockets for additional lighting? - Yes

Arduino nano
14 Output channels
Ramp
can be switched on/off by deAgo Remote Control

Optional
Bluetooth + Android app (no IOS, because of the useless and stupid apple development stuff...)
Sound (mp3 files)

tengel07 ,

All sold ? ... when , how ? Do you plan to make anymore ? How many , and for how much ? . Your post #64 - I'm interested in this product ( not the Optional extra version ) .
Are these the boards posted in #66 ? .
Please clarify if possible . Thanks .
Ged .

Last edited by a moderator:
@tengel07 ,

All sold ? ... when , how ? Do you plan to make anymore ? How many , and for how much ? . Your post #64 - I'm interested in this product ( not the Optional extra version ) .
Ged .

Yes, please let us know if you are going to make more and how to order them. Thanks.

@tengel07 ,

Ged .

No, the boards in #66 provides only a flickering engine light and 3 additional connections with 5A max. Current for additional light.
The deAgo replacement board will come end of october - stay tuned, i will post updates here.

tengel07 , good to know mate ... will definitely keep an eye out .
Even though went ahead ( following your helpful instructions ) and soldered up that y-cable for connecting 2 deago boards ( pg 2 ) . Not 100% sure it'll do what I'm hoping to do with the extra leds I'm adding ( not worried about sound effects ) , but I'm pretty naive when it comes to leds and resistor calculations etc ...
If what you've built / designed works as stated #64 , then I'm certainly interested .

Cheers Ged

I foresee a flood of stock Deago boards hitting Ebay when this becomes available.
Will the the replacement board run off the same 9volt adapter or will we need something new?

I foresee a flood of stock Deago boards hitting Ebay when this becomes available.
Will the the replacement board run off the same 9volt adapter or will we need something new?

works with the 9V power supply and with battery also, the cable provided in Issue 57 is also used.
it is possible to select the voltage on each of the light port separate - voltage of power supply or 5 Volt by jumper.

Development:

Anyone worked out how to ditch the remote.
Mine is going in a coffee table and I'd like to just be able to plug it into the socket and switch it on and off.

Anyone worked out how to ditch the remote.
Mine is going in a coffee table and I'd like to just be able to plug it into the socket and switch it on and off.

I've considered ditching the stock control board and remote altogether because I've already had one control board fail on me. One solution I found was the Wago 221 wire connector (pictured below). You could simply run the positive and negative wires from the switch into two of these within the Falcon. Then cut the plug connectors off the LED wires, strip, and insert the wire ends into the Wagos. All positive leads into one connector, and all negative leads into the other. As for the ramp, it could be wired to a well concealed momentary mini toggle switch (on) off (on) and installed somewhere on the ship. Hold the switch down until the ramp lowers, and hold the switch up until it retracts.
No remote. No control board. No worries.
wago.jpgmini toggle.jpg

No ramp and no landing lights.
Used the landing light ports for extra cockpit and turret Leds. I cut out the landing gear pressure switch and spliced the wires together.

I've considered ditching the stock control board and remote altogether because I've already had one control board fail on me. One solution I found was the Wago 221 wire connector (pictured below). You could simply run the positive and negative wires from the switch into two of these within the Falcon. Then cut the plug connectors off the LED wires, strip, and insert the wire ends into the Wagos. All positive leads into one connector, and all negative leads into the other. As for the ramp, it could be wired to a well concealed momentary mini toggle switch (on) off (on) and installed somewhere on the ship. Hold the switch down until the ramp lowers, and hold the switch up until it retracts.
No remote. No control board. No worries.
View attachment 754531View attachment 754533

Thanks, that sounds just what I need.
Don't need a ramp switch so this should work great. Just ordered some from Amazon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back