Clint Eastwood - Man with No Name/Blondie

RSutter

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys!

I wanted to share my latest costume WIP with you. I just started assembling the pieces for a Man with No Name build. Basing it mostly off of "Fistful of Dollars" but taking a few liberties (mostly with the hat shaping).

Being 6'3" helps to get that lanky-Clint vibe going. Definitely one of my dream costumes, so I am hoping it will turn out nice!

So far I have picked up the following:
- Shirt
- Wrist strap
- Holster
- Colty Navy replica (decent, not 100% accurate but it looks the part)
- Hat (it was a Stetson Revenger that I purchased in NM a year ago, and steam shaped myself)
- Spurs and boots I already had for a long time :)

Coming in the mail within the next few days I have:
- Faux sheepskin vest
- Leather hat strap
- Poncho
- Neckerchief
- Prop bullets for my gunbelt
- Rough leather belt (non-gunbelt)

Here are some shots of what I have so far:
14141857_1259638770734083_8027629591757368566_n.jpg
CAM02390-1.jpg
CAM02391.jpg
14184423_1257362330961727_4294967997855169200_n.jpg
14202530_1257362297628397_4318482800167522584_n.jpg

More pics to come soon! Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Re: Man with No Name/Blondie

It's going to look awesome...you look similar to Clint! 
Thanks! I got a month to get some scruff going :p That should help with the likeness.

Looking forward to getting the rest of my parts together and weathering them. Plenty more pics to come, stay tuned! :)

Re: Man with No Name/Blondie

Hi guys!

Some more progress today. The hat band, sheepskin vest and ammo for the holster rig arrived. Unfortunately the vest was sent at the wrong size (L). It is way too large on me, so I reached out to the merchant to get it replaced. Once the right size comes in, I definitely want to lay down more sheep fur on the (faux) leather side in strips to match the stitching of the vest seen in the films.

Definitely dig the hat band! It really changes the whole appearance of the hat. I may still reshape it a bit with steam to give the hat some more character later. Right now it's a bit too clean... Also, it may just be me, but I still think the brim is a bit too wide in relation to the crown. Since there are really not hat alteration services near me, I am (for good reason) quite scared of shortening it. I may play around with the steam more to see if I can curl the lip in more, as it seems more raised in "Fistful" any way. This will, I think, shorten the overall brim's appearance as well. Not sure if I want to add the bullet hole (very expensive hat...lol).

Poncho should be arriving very soon! :) Thanks for looking!

14195468_1260595080638452_3469792817531161573_o.jpg
14192601_1260579977306629_5431181023683004560_n.jpg
14263991_1260579953973298_3371143205734673216_n.jpg
14264878_1260580017306625_5261065417600037778_n.jpg
14291678_1260580060639954_865421832628669040_n.jpg

Last edited:
Nice WIP. I can't wait to see it finished.

I presume you know that your 'A fistful' build includes elements of FAFDM and TGTBATU. The wrist brace is only in FAFDM and the Colt Navy is only in TGTBATU.

Nice WIP. I can't wait to see it finished.

I presume you know that your 'A fistful' build includes elements of FAFDM and TGTBATU. The wrist brace is only in FAFDM and the Colt Navy is only in TGTBATU.
Thank you! And yes, I was hoping to essentially create a version of the character that encompasses my personal favorite elements of each individual movie in the Dollar-series :)

Lookin' good but I'd definitely suggest "dustin' up/weathering" the hat, clothing and leather goods some. This is a character that definitely shouldn't look like he just stepped out of a MACY'S in a brand new outfit haha.

Look forward to the finished product! :cool:thumbsup

Lookin' good but I'd definitely suggest "dustin' up/weathering" the hat, clothing and leather goods some. This is a character that definitely shouldn't look like he just stepped out of a MACY'S in a brand new outfit haha.

Look forward to the finished product! :cool:thumbsup
Thanks! And hell yes :) Beating the crap out of everything once I assemble and fit all pieces

Awesome. Its doing the little details like that that make this hobby (and costume in particular) alot of fun. Random suggestion -- if you *are* doing a "best of" hodgepodge version of the character, maybe consider adding some bullet holes to the crown of the hat from when Col. Mortimer shot his hat off his head in FAFDM. Though, if you didn't want to go THAT FAR I'd definitely understand haha. :lol

Just a thought.

Best,
Mike

Thanks Mike! And I fully agree.

Super torn about the bullet hole only because the base hat was fairly pricey. But if I am going to be cutting/trimming the brim even more I may as well go all in with this hat and add the bullet hole :)

Stay tuned!

I just couldn't bring myself to shoot my hat or poncho for accuracy. Weathering, yes. Holes..........no.

I agree dbuck, it's hard to pop a hole into this hat :p I have some personal memories with it. Like I said, I am going to shape it more first, see if it needs a trim of the brim. If it does, I may consider doing it.

@ GhostSoldier: I will look into that, but I think in the end it will probably not look as convincing as a real hole. In that case, I may just have the hat be more "Fistful" style.

On a side note, the poncho arrived today! First impression were okay :) It is the one made out of wool, and it is currently a bit stiff still. Letting it hand am trying to figure out a way to get it to soften up a bit. I am also not fond of the pattern, should have paid more attention to the pictures before purchasing it. It definitely is quite far from screen accurate.

It's also a smidge long, being 6'3" it still falls a bit past where I see it draping on Clint in the films. I may try steam-shrinking the poncho to see if I can get it to hang a bit higher.
CAM02399 copy.jpg
Will take a few pics with everything on later today :) I may end up going for the Larry Green productions poncho, seeing as the pattern and length are much more in line with the screen used poncho. It is quite pricey, but it is such an important piece to the costume that I may just have to take that plunge.

Also, the merchant of the faux sheepskin vest got back to me today. He was apologetic about sending me the wrong size. Will be returning the one I received today, and hopefully that means I'll get a replacement (smaller) later this week.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Wanted to share a quick update. My apologies for the terrible cell phone pictures, I will ask my fiancee to take some nice ones using her SLR camera over the weekend. I threw everything on to test fit things. The sheepskin vest is still the large version (waiting to get the address from the merchant so that I can return it). I also found a tack store that would be capable of trimming my hat's brim for me to get it closer to the film's proportions in relation to the hat's crown (right now I think I still have too much brim).

Tomorrow my second belt arrives. It should be very close to the holster rig and it has a gold buckle :) I will also be making a black neckerchief soon.

The poncho works okay. I definitely think the wool is very stiff, it's too long, and the pattern is off... I definitely am leaning to the Larry Green Productions version. Will probably place the order tonight.

CAM02405.jpg
CAM02406.jpg
CAM02408.jpg
CAM02409.jpg
CAM02410.jpg

Still kind of cool to see everything come together(ish).

You look good!

You forgot one thing though, the backwoods cigar! ;)

I have had my Larry G. Poncho for over 10 years now and it never fails to get the "Whistle" or cat calls when I sport it around town in the fall! :lol

Heck Yea!!!! I just got into the spagetti Westerns a few months ago. You got the look down. Dirty up the poncho and dye the holster rig. Fire up a cigarello and go to town.

For such a seemingly basic costume, its a pain sourcing everything isnt it!

If youre after some authentic weathering for a faux sheepskin vest, leave in in a car for a series of days exposed to direct sunlight. Ive done this to age items time and again. A random spritz with alcohol will help as well. If youre keen and a quick learner an old clothes iron will also help but be warned it will eat faux materials near immediately so use at your own risk. With weathering youll have to decide if authenticity vs the ability to sit on someones sofa is more important. Same with bullet holes as people tend to stick fingers into them when taking pics, not kidding.

When doing my own version things got out of hand quickly with first hand research outside of whats available on the net. Was luck of timing and knowing the right people. For example the hat band was made by the guy who made the original, found out the original boot model, pants belt and a long suspected hunch that the poncho was originally a horse blanket as well as uncovering long lost props/guns from the series. All that info is due out in a series of prop books that have been years in the making.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=156519

zu5ism.jpg

2dtcdwj.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back