Clint Eastwood - Man with No Name/Blondie

That's awesome looking, bro...can't wait to see more.

What's even cooler than that, is once you get older and a few years under your belt, you can then costume The Preacher, from Pale Rider. ;)

Rob

Had a blast this Halloween weekend! Here are a few pics:
14590457_1311268875571072_329375662423822391_n.jpg
14591797_1311268645571095_8965501911670200152_n.jpg
14581429_1311378798893413_1530663341771351865_n.jpg
14595607_1311268798904413_3000815314605029667_n.jpg
14721455_1311268745571085_8574536930208472048_n.jpg

More to come!

Last edited:
Hi guys!

It's been a long time since I updated this thread, but I threw together a quick video in which you get a closer look at each of the costume's elements, plus a peek at what it looks like in motion (much better than still imagery).

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
I give this an A for effort! I’ve always liked this character and I love it when someone takes on his wardrobe so faithfully. Anyways,
Was luck of timing and knowing the right people. For example the hat band was made by the guy who made the original, found out the original boot model, pants belt and a long suspected hunch that the poncho was originally a horse blanket as well as uncovering long lost props/guns from the series. All that info is due out in a series of prop books that have been years in the making.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=156519

http://i45.tinypic.com/zu5ism.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2dtcdwj.jpg
Was a date ever confirmed for the release of these books? I’ve been considered going taking a shot at this costume after this thread showed me a near perfect example.

I give this an A for effort! I’ve always liked this character and I love it when someone takes on his wardrobe so faithfully. Anyways,

Was a date ever confirmed for the release of these books? I’ve been considered going taking a shot at this costume after this thread showed me a near perfect example.
Thanks so much for the kind words! Would love to see you take a stab at it :) I am also very curious about Rob's books!

Hands down for the vest, ammunition, and boots. Thanks for sharing this cool vid.
Thank you so much! The vest is going to look a lot better soon ;) In my honest opinion it's the weakest part of my current setup :)

Hi guys!

It's been a long time since I updated this thread, but I threw together a quick video in which you get a closer look at each of the costume's elements, plus a peek at what it looks like in motion (much better than still imagery).

Thanks for looking!

https://youtu.be/rfQ3cRYBZhE

The timing on this is epic. I am JUST waiting on my neck scarf to finish out my costume for this year. I'll snap some pics when it comes in. I reviewed your process closely when building mine earlier this year.

Here's a shot from the other night. A few tweaks. I have both of the pistols, the Single Action Army, and the 1851 cartridge conversion. I love the 1851 but the SAA slips in and out of that holster so nicely. I ended up getting a poncho from StraightLine, and it feels heavier than what I'm seeing with your's.. not to mention larger. Are you able to lace up your wrist brace by yourself? It's a real pain, and I'm thinking of foregoing it for Halloween at work.

attachment.php

Oh yeah... I bought a little audio player and recorded about 30 seconds of the theme to it... going to make walking around work on Halloween epic.

Last edited:
Here's a shot from the other night. A few tweaks. I have both of the pistols, the Single Action Army, and the 1851 cartridge conversion. I love the 1851 but the SAA slips in and out of that holster so nicely. I ended up getting a poncho from StraightLine, and it feels heavier than what I'm seeing with your's.. not to mention larger. Are you able to lace up your wrist brace by yourself? It's a real pain, and I'm thinking of foregoing it for Halloween at work.

Oh yeah... I bought a little audio player and recorded about 30 seconds of the theme to it... going to make walking around work on Halloween epic.
The songs make it! :) I was walking around Sante Fe, New Mexico last year with the Fistful theme blasting from my phone :) Whistling also works and makes it more epic! :) Somehow I can't see/open your attachment...but I want to see! Can you post the image again and paste it in the actual post?

Poncho-wise, I hear you. There are many out there. But I love my Larry Green productions poncho. It is super light, drapes just right, and moves really nicely when you do. I don't think it gets much better to be honest :)

I am able to tie the wrist cuff myself, but it sucks that it kind of expands after use. Well, I guess it is leather, but the more you use it, the more it wears...which means it'll sit less well.

Very nice work! I think I remember seeing this thread when it first started but it's nice catch up on it.

Thank you very much! :)

Somehow I can't see/open your attachment...but I want to see! Can you post the image again and paste it in the actual post?

I think I fixed it. I'll do a better shot this weekend with all the accessories.

Poncho-wise, I hear you. There are many out there. But I love my Larry Green productions poncho. It is super light, drapes just right, and moves really nicely when you do. I don't think it gets much better to be honest :)
I'll be curious to see how you think they compare. I'll take some closer pics this weekend. It just feels a bit stiff to me. I'm thinking maybe get some fabric softener and wash with that. Not sure how to get wool to relax.

I am able to tie the wrist cuff myself, but it sucks that it kind of expands after use. Well, I guess it is leather, but the more you use it, the more it wears...which means it'll sit less well.
Good to know. I haven't really worn it sinched down because of how difficult it was to get on.

Your video was perfect. I loved everything about how you described it all. I haven't looked at my ammunition loops to see what caliber they are, but as I shoot 45LC in real life, I'm hoping they'll slip right in.

I think I fixed it. I'll do a better shot this weekend with all the accessories.

I'll be curious to see how you think they compare. I'll take some closer pics this weekend. It just feels a bit stiff to me. I'm thinking maybe get some fabric softener and wash with that. Not sure how to get wool to relax.

Good to know. I haven't really worn it sinched down because of how difficult it was to get on.

Your video was perfect. I loved everything about how you described it all. I haven't looked at my ammunition loops to see what caliber they are, but as I shoot 45LC in real life, I'm hoping they'll slip right in.

Sadly I still can't see the pic in the post. But I am curious to see your original and new pics :) So I'll be on the lookout. I'm glad you thought the video was useful!

Right now I am just growing my beard out lol
Will ask my fiancee to take some nice costume shots next week. She has a really sweet DSLR camera, and it just occurred to me that the only pictures I have are pretty bad, cell phone quality images. So more soon!

She also already started fixing the vest for me, so that should be finished by the time I get around to taking those shots.

Sadly I still can't see the pic in the post. But I am curious to see your original and new pics :) So I'll be on the lookout. I'm glad you thought the video was useful!

Right now I am just growing my beard out lol
Will ask my fiancee to take some nice costume shots next week. She has a really sweet DSLR camera, and it just occurred to me that the only pictures I have are pretty bad, cell phone quality images. So more soon!
I have pro-gear DSLR too, I should do the same.

She also already started fixing the vest for me, so that should be finished by the time I get around to taking those shots.
I'm curious to see what she's doing. I would love to modify my vest to be more screen accurate too. My wife makes clothing from scratch for events, so she can do the same. Looking forward to seeing your modifications.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back