Clint Eastwood - Man with No Name/Blondie

@ Apollo: Thanks! The cheroot is all but forgotten :) Going to a cigar shop to pick a few up soon. Looking forward to receiving my Larry G poncho.

@ Vee: Most of what I got was from Straightline Collectibles.

@ Lear60man: Thanks man! I am looking forward toweathering eeverythingonce I assemble all of the parts :)

@ robstyle: That is a killer set! Thank you so much for your pointers and tips!

Some updates! :)

I received my Larry Green Productions poncho today, and WOW! It is amazing! So much better. The fabric is a lot less heavy, and it drapes just right. The colors look great and to my eyes screen accurate, but more importantly...that pattern...so awesome! I put it on just now and it literally hangs at just the right length. What a thing of beauty :)

CAM02417.jpg

I also ordered a pair of tan/sand-colored roughout boots. They don't have a square toe, but I wear boots all the time and I prefer the pointier toe. They should be arriving soon. The pair I got can be seen here:
http://www.nashvilleboots.com/laredo_m_2028_prd1.htm
They should be arriving next week.

I also ended up getting this belt to wear, it matches the holster rig very nicely:
CAM02418.jpg

Lastly, I chickened out with adding the holes to my hat. I ended up caving and ordering the hat that Spaghetti Western Replicas makes. It should be here by the end of the month:
http://www.spaghettiwesternreplicas.com/hat.html

Still waiting on my smaller faux sheepskin vest. Hopefully that will arrive next week as well :)

Waiting on USPS to come with all of my stuff that I ordered. By the end of the day I'll have all pieces of the costume with the exception of the hat :) I'll definitely take some snaps.

UPS just delivered my boots :) Of course these are not weathered or worn yet, but the style matches what is seen on-screen pretty nicely other than the lack of a square toe. They were cheap too! Only $57 for the pair!
Boots.jpg

Threw my spurs on them to see what it looks like :) Happy with it. More pictures later today!

Great to see someone taking on this costume. Been thinking about doing this for years myself, but never actually got down to it... So many costumes, so little time.

I hear you! :) This costume, however, means a great deal to me. Lost my dad last year and he and I used to love watching the Dollar series together. So putting it together really feels much more special to me than any of my prior builds.

Here are some more shots! Just threw everything on together now that I have everything except for the new hat.
20160914_145156_resized.jpgCAM02431.jpgCAM02428.jpgCAM02427.jpgCAM02426.jpgCAM02424.jpgCAM02423.jpgCAM02422.jpgCAM02433.jpg

I'll start to weather and tweak the fit of things this weekend. Even though the vest is much better, I still think it can be taken in.

Some updates! :)

I received my Larry Green Productions poncho today, and WOW! It is amazing! So much better. The fabric is a lot less heavy, and it drapes just right. The colors look great and to my eyes screen accurate, but more importantly...that pattern...so awesome! I put it on just now and it literally hangs at just the right length. What a thing of beauty.

Their ponchos are the best out there. Their vests, not so much.
Nice going on the boots, too.

Boy, that fourth picture of you in the gear grimacing is almost uncanny of Clint himself. It's almost creepy how close you look like him in some of these.:lol

I've been working on a Tuco "final shootout" getup on and off for about a year now; this may be the thing that inspires me to finish it. If this can inspire an Angel Eyes costume for someone to take on, we'd have the full set!

Their ponchos are the best out there. Their vests, not so much.
Nice going on the boots, too.
Thanks dbuck! So happy I got that poncho, it really just brings the whole thing together. I can't wait for the hat! :)

Boy, that fourth picture of you in the gear grimacing is almost uncanny of Clint himself. It's almost creepy how close you look like him in some of these.:lol

I've been working on a Tuco "final shootout" getup on and off for about a year now; this may be the thing that inspires me to finish it. If this can inspire an Angel Eyes costume for someone to take on, we'd have the full set!
Thanks man! That's quite the compliment :)
I look forward to seeing your final Tuco! And hell yes! If we do find an Angel Eyes, count me in! :)

Boy, that fourth picture of you in the gear grimacing is almost uncanny of Clint himself. It's almost creepy how close you look like him in some of these.:lol!

He's got that right...man, you look dead-on to Clint, back in the day.

Awesome work....I'm envious of what you've done (I'm also too fat to do Clint, lol...maybe I can do Chris Pratt from the new Mag 7 movie, lol).

Rob

He's got that right...man, you look dead-on to Clint, back in the day.

Awesome work....I'm envious of what you've done (I'm also too fat to do Clint, lol...maybe I can do Chris Pratt from the new Mag 7 movie, lol).

Rob
Thanks Rob! Clint being my biggest idol, that makes me super happy! :)
Chris Pratt is awesome by the way! Also, being thin and lanky is not all it's made out to be... Trying to even buy jeans is a nightmare lol. Also, those winters get awfully cold.

Can't wait to share more progress this weekend! I have bought a bunch of stuff to start weathering all of my costume pieces, the next time you see them, they will look like they were worn by a man riding a mule ;)

My fiancée (who is great at stitch work) is going to try and fix the vest so that the fit is even better. While she is in there she is also going to try and stitch in some paneling that is more in-line with the vest seen in the films.

Lastly, I just heard back from Spaghetti Western Replicas, my hat just started production. It should be here within 2 weeks!

That hat makes the man...it's spot-on.

And hooray for the bullet holes...after all, it's only money, and authenticity knows no cost, lol. ;)

Rob

Thanks Rob! Yeah, the bullet holes are tough but they are such a huge part of the character of the hat...I need them in there :)

That being said though, the moment I put this hat on it just felt right. I love my original hat (wear it for every day use) but it is very different in shape. This one just looks and feels right :) Finally convinced my lady to let me borrow her SLR camera, so many more pictures to come this weekend. Now that I have everything, I can start shaping, weathering and tweaking things until it all fits and looks just right,

Much more to come soon! :)

Found myself with a bit of spare time before work this morning, so I decided to weather the hat, boots and jeans a bit. I bit the bullet (pun intended) and started by using a dremel and some small scissors to cut the two bullet holes into the front of the crown (used FFOD as my reference).
Hat.jpg
Hat1.jpg
I then took the hat outside and added some trail dust, and I wanted to add to add some of the characteristic denting and imperfections seen in the screen-used hat. Result is below :)
Hat2.jpg
I have been actively wearing my boots to wear them in and get rid of some of the too saturated, almost mustardy, yellow. They look much more sun-bleached now. I also drug my jeans through the dirt, result is below:
Boot.jpg
Lastly, since I have a pretty patchy beard, I wanted to test some stage hair (applied with spirit gum) just on my chin. I think it works well to fill things out and I'll likely use it throughout my beard to thicken things even more :)
Quick selfie:
CAM02505.jpg
More to come very soon! :)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back