Star Trek: TNG Medkit

Awesome work!!! It looks so good. It looks like it came right out of the show. I cant wait to see the engineering kit!!

Thanks guys!

Got the laser cut parts for the stimulators:

IMG_9946.jpg

These were a really fun, quick build. I used dummy LEDs as I have no electronics skills...

DSCF1183.jpgDSCF1182.jpg

These slot nicely into the plug-in. I've added a magnet to the base unit so now it locks into the Stapleton medical Tricorder.

DSCF1185.jpgDSCF1187.jpg

Back on a show now, so, work time is limited... with the last parts to add to the Medkit - the hypo vial rack - that means I can finally 'publish' the plans + instructions for the kit, so, working on those. The instruction style should be familiar to all good TNG geeks...

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 13.53.26.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 13.53.17.png

Wow the Medkit and Tricorder look amazing.
I'm a fellow UK Trek prop builder and wondered what paint you used for the main grey for both the Medical Tricorder and Medkit?

Thanks
Jamie

I admire your attention to detail. Those plans and your builds are amazing. When they are ready where can I get a set? I could just download your pics but I would like to contribute if thats how you will be setting it up.

Wow the Medkit and Tricorder look amazing.
I'm a fellow UK Trek prop builder and wondered what paint you used for the main grey for both the Medical Tricorder and Medkit?

Thanks
Jamie

Hey Jamie, thanks!

The paints are just Humbrol cans; 64 for the base, and 27 for the panels. There's a misting of the metallic silver (can't remember the number) and then a thick satin clearcloat.

c51605179e78424b6dd12dac36a77d3fa305828f_1_653x500.JPG

I admire your attention to detail. Those plans and your builds are amazing. When they are ready where can I get a set? I could just download your pics but I would like to contribute if thats how you will be setting it up.

Thanks for the coments! They'll be free to download when I'm done - hopefully not too much longer... The medkit is very nearly finished, but the instructions will take a while to put together...

Hey Jamie, thanks!

The paints are just Humbrol cans; 64 for the base, and 27 for the panels. There's a misting of the metallic silver (can't remember the number) and then a thick satin clearcloat.

View attachment 802087

Thanks for the coments! They'll be free to download when I'm done - hopefully not too much longer... The medkit is very nearly finished, but the instructions will take a while to put together...

Very helpful, thank you.
Good luck with the new show and any new Star Trek prop builds you take on.

What show are you on now?

I'm doing the sets for Bletchley Circle.

Nothing with spaceships, sadly.

Got the final parts ordered this week - the vial rack! Not the neatest job but for once it didn't have to be. 3 magnets are epoxied and these keep the vials locked in their racks.

DSCF1260.jpg

I added more trim tape (well.. cut vinyl) to the door as I thought it was a bit sparse.

DSCF1277.jpg

Not really happy with the food colouring in the hypo vials - at some point I'll investigate tinted resin. Would prefer 0% risk of leaks, too!

DSCF1276.jpg

Anyway, that means that this is finally done, nearly two years after I started it...

DSCF1274.jpgDSCF1273.jpgDSCF1278.jpg

Just phenominal work here. If i didnt know better I'd suspect you stole this from the set. Love the instruction guide you're working on too. Kudos and great work. Such attention to details.

Wonderful work. Been following this a while now and it is always awesome to see all the progress. The detail, those smooth lines, it's all great. I have been working on a hypo spray model myself, but have been having a hard time finding good vials (all seem too big or too small). Where did you get yours, if I may ask?

Slow progress at my end - again - been busy on a few shows back to back and I also made a bit of a significant purchase which has been keeping me busy.

However, one new addition came my way in a completely serendipitous manner - I was walking across the studio and saw the previous episode throwing unwanted dressing and props in the skip - including this Joe Columbo artist's trolley.

4e3bb6e713c523b8df0aad54e416b6f6ef9ea18d.jpg

Better known as:

14cfb52a0daaa47a8de73ee7f8b206647c7f24bd.pngb73724899f578bd3d2aa306a594cbe704c24437a.png

Now, this one is the two-draw version where TNG commonly used a 3-draw, but I feel that gives me free reign to graphic it up in my own way rather than do it exactly as per the TNG ones. There's a few cracks and splits but being ABS should be fairly easy to sort, and I have friends with automotive spray booths so getting it repainted should be easy.

It's the perfect display for the TNG med props I've been working on!

0d3fc675d059ba4779672bb6c6671973e5c076bc.jpg

As to when it'll get finished...

Finally finished up the small detail parts for the kit, such as a small scale PADD to fit inside, had the vials filled with resin, etc, so I made a small backdrop set to take some finished photos of the prop! The set was made from beige PVC board dressed with vinyl tapelines, with smoked acrylic panels, behind which backlit graphics and diffuser sheets were laid. Not 100% accurate but it does the job.

3.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
11.jpg
14.jpg
5.jpg
8.jpg
13.jpg
15.jpg
10.jpg

Kit2 (2).jpg

I also finished up the lesser-seen Engineering case - I think the original used vinyl for the plant ons, but to give mine a bit more depth I went for 0.5mm styrene:

Kit2.jpg

eng1.jpg
eng7.jpg
eng8.jpg

eng2.jpg
eng4.jpg
eng5.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back