3D printed Robocop suit 1987 build- COMPLETE

Re: 3D printed Robocop suit 1987 build

Hi!

Your build, and this thread made me get off the fence and splurge into the do3d files as well..
One question: Did you ever have any sizing issues with the legs

I just printed the complete left leg, and I can *barely* fit my leg into it after cutting the lower part of the shin in half to get the foot through.
The knee joint is pushing *hard* against the inside of my knee.

Did you ever run into sizing issues during this build?
I am going to need to expand the leg somewhat and possibly move the knee joint slightly in order to even wear this thing.
It's a fun thing to print and build though.. :D

cheers,
Micke

This is absolutely amazing!! I have always wanted a suit for display purposes!! I would never be able to actually wear a screen replica suit due to my size but would love one for display. I’d definitely be interested in a full suit!

Hey I hope one of you Robocop 3D printing Freaks can help me,
I got the Files from Do3D .
But have no idea how to scale them.
Print the Shin and Foot with +3% like Do3D say but it don’t Fit me :-( please hope you can help me .4 days of printing for nothing:-(
Please send me a Message.

Regurts Carsten

Can't you just scale it in your slicer and check the measurements BEFORE you print - just like any other stl file?

I'm not really familiar with the more advanced methods of scaling large projects like this. I just upscaled it a few percent similar to what Do3d suggested to you although I'm not entirely sure exactly what I did since it has been awhile but I did run into the same problem. The shin was only a little tight around my ankle so I had to slightly upscale it to allow for more comfort.

Please keep in mind that no matter what you'll have to cut a slot out somehow to allow the shin to slip over your foot if you don't do that it will more then likely not fit you. I just precut the section out with netfabb to allow my foot to slip in. You'll have to use velcro or mount some brackets to attach the piece you cut out. The original Robocop suit and the Hansing suits that have been available over the years had a piece of the shin cut out also to allow for fitting. Hope this information helps. This is a big project to take on so I understand the pain and being overwhelmed.

I'm going to start working again on this project soon and get it finished. Overall the suit is finished it just needs some more finishing and retrofitting to get it just right. Hoping to have something to show very soon. Keep an eye out. Thanks everyone for your support.

Last edited:

Hey thank you.
Do you have Problems with Printing the Neck piece. Can’t print it. Maybe the Mesh have some failer?

Regurts Carsten

I stumbled across this thread while looking for a Robocop glove/gauntlet and have just read through every post in awe. Waiting with keen anticipation to see any updates.

I'm thinking of selling 3D prints of the gloves in kit form in the future to those who might want to add a Robocop glove to their collection.

Are you still considering this? I'd very much like to display my Auto 9 in the grips of Murphy's armor clad gun hand.

After two long years and countless hours of work this project is finally complete. After all the hard work I've strongly decided not to wear it as I fear it will ruin the paint job and possibly damage the integrity of the pieces. I used myself as a mannequin for the pictures but I will definitely be displaying this on a proper mannequin in the future and will take more pics then. These pictures are to give you guys a general idea of the level of detail in the suit.

I want to thank first my beautiful wife for being patient with me through this project and being a huge help throughout the whole process, I absolutely could not have done it without her. I also want to thank everyone on here who has supported the project for the last two years. I also want to thank Do3D for making these files and giving me a base to work with to make this all possible. Thanks again everyone and enjoy. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you.......Robocop

44270919455_a8dbccec27_b.jpg

44459498074_4a86003307_h.jpg

43367780880_da13efce10_h.jpg
20181008_095028 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr
30243380647_4fa8972fef_b.jpg

43367832300_bacb81ee91_h.jpg

45182006121_4a5d5b4cb4_b.jpg

44271092625_763c7b39e3_b.jpg

30243502737_355a3ba8e7_b.jpg

31308110858_9153fc3f92_h.jpg

45132997532_1fdc54445d_b.jpg

44459797484_dc31008e69_b.jpg

43368063020_d2f7d17df6_h.jpg
30243184977_fb7029ac5b_h.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. The build quality is exceptional. Its like a production piece.

What is the mobility like in the suit? Will you be wearing it to events or will this be purely for display now?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is epic! How is movement in the armor? Would love to see a video of you walking around in it. The pictures look awesome.

Thank you guys. The mobility isn't the best but it would definitely do the part if I chose to wear it. The problem with wearing a suit like this is the inevitably of scratching it and possibly damaging the suit. I did fiberglass the inside of the majority of the pieces but still even with the reinforcement all it would take is one drop and it could possibly shatter the pieces. The suit for the most part is 100% 3D printed so it's a lot of pieces to put on. It takes roughly an hour or so to put the whole suit on.

After all the hard work I just don't think I could risk messing the suit up for just a couple hours of excitement wearing it out. It's also pretty miserable to wear as it gets really hot inside of it especially with the black zentai undersuit. The suit is going to be for display only so far :).

Thank you guys. The mobility isn't the best but it would definitely do the part if I chose to wear it. The problem with wearing a suit like this is the inevitably of scratching it and possibly damaging the suit. I did fiberglass the inside of the majority of the pieces but still even with the reinforcement all it would take is one drop and it could possibly shatter the pieces. The suit for the most part is 100% 3D printed so it's a lot of pieces to put on. It takes roughly an hour or so to put the whole suit on.

After all the hard work I just don't think I could risk messing the suit up for just a couple hours of excitement wearing it out. It's also pretty miserable to wear as it gets really hot inside of it especially with the black zentai undersuit. The suit is going to be for display only so far :).
I can wholeheartedly understand that - its your hero suit!

Now I wonder if you could take vac forms or mold and slush cast it to make your wearable lightweight version!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Simply stunning ! Congratulations on your incredibly beautiful build , and thank you for sharing this remarkable experience .

:cheersGed

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back