3D printed Robocop suit 1987 build- COMPLETE

Re: 3D printed Robocop suit 1987 build

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the Do3D files. How serious do you think they are about a Mk2 version? Should I wait?

What happened to the pictures in this thread? It just shows an icon about photobucket and updating your account to show 3rd party hosting.

See the "Photobucket Sucks" thread in the Off-Topic forum. Bad times a-comin' :(

Yep, no more photo hosting unless people pay up. Most of these forums will be useless now :(

Thank you guys for the comments. Here's a video demo of how the suit is going to run in the suit. The start up sound at the beginning of the video will also be the start up sound effect of the suit when turned on and the hum will also play in the background while the other sound effects play when walking/turning (Conveying how it was in the film). This is pretty much exactly how it will sound when everything is wire up correctly in the suit except it will be much louder, I'll probably also add a couple more sound fx later like the over the top door opening sounds in the first film etc.... Hope you guys enjoy.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbskh9LlZxw&feature=youtu.be

This is cool to see. I was planning the same thing in my feet parts and others.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the Do3D files. How serious do you think they are about a Mk2 version? Should I wait?

I personally don't think it will happen anytime soon but it is a possibility. If you have good building skills these files are a great base to use. I think even if you skipped most of the modifications I've done and just did the body work and clean up they can still look like a pretty decent Robocop suit.

Looks like Photobucket shut down all hosting of my pics. I'll try to use a different hosting site and get the pics back up asap. Thanks guys for the support.

I personally don't think it will happen anytime soon but it is a possibility. If you have good building skills these files are a great base to use. I think even if you skipped most of the modifications I've done and just did the body work and clean up they can still look like a pretty decent Robocop suit.

Looks like Photobucket shut down all hosting of my pics. I'll try to use a different hosting site and get the pics back up asap. Thanks guys for the support.

Yeah, for 99% of us, we have no idea of the finer intricacies of the mods your doing. Looks fantastic either way.

And, yep bummer what Photobucket has done to us all :(

All pics are up now. I'm also posting a few pics of my Hansing Robocop suit I purchased about 7 years ago that I found in my old album. I sold it a long time ago but I'm going to post it here as a freshly reminder to myself of how much better I want this project to come out.

Last edited:

I played around with the gloves today to see how they are going to fit. Overall a pretty good fit. I still have to get some elastic, velcro, and various other things to get them completely attached and functioning properly. Here are a couple pics of everything hanging loosely and unattached.

I'm thinking of selling 3D prints of the gloves in kit form in the future to those who might want to add a Robocop glove to their collection.

I

Pretty much finished both legs. These were a lot of work, hours and hours of body work. Sanding, filling, sanding, filling etc...... These pieces also both had lots of major modifications done to them. Here they are in their glory,

I use needle files to do all my line work and clean up. Without needle files I can honestly say I probably wouldn't be able to do this project. They have been such a huge help make everything look nice and crisp.
I

I completely resculpted the leg bevel to look more screen used and pronounced, came out awesome.

Here you can see the sharpness of the details. I also added in the screw detail. I had to be careful because after looking at screen used pics of the leg pieces the screw detail is symmetrically different on each side. Luckily I paid attention and got it right the first time.

Here's some of the major modifications done to the right leg.

Did you do the modifications on the 3D files, or the printed pieces? If the files, will you be offering them (for a fee)?

Have you got a 'before' pic, so for us untrained eyes, we can see what you mean?

What's the inside of the glove like? Can you comfortable hold your Auto9?

Have you got a 'before' pic, so for us untrained eyes, we can see what you mean?

What's the inside of the glove like? Can you comfortable hold your Auto9?

I don't have any more pics other then the two before pics I posted. If you go back a page or two and see the modifications I did on the left leg it's pretty much the same but mirrored except for a couple other details that were slightly different.

As for the gloves at this point all I was trying to do was get the fingers filed down enough to fit me properly. I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold the auto 9 yet, that might require an extra rework if I decide to use them in plastic.

Awesome work!

Thank you sir.

Got around to doing the helmet. Usually in suit builds I've noticed the helmet is usually the first thing done so I guess I'm working a little backwards. I figured it was time to roll around and get this done to my liking. Here it is with some progress. I don't have it completely wearable yet so It's kind of loosely fitted on me but it will be pretty easy to sort out and get it working.

Had to do some modifications to the helmet and back panel to get it more accurate.

IMG_6196 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr

IMG_6198 by pchrisbosh1, on Flickr

Nevermind the goatee (That will be shaved once I'm going to wear it :))

All comments welcome.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back