Options for Mace Windu sabers?

DylanRose

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Years ago I had the 2nd or 3rd generation Master Replicas Mace Windu saber. It got stolen out of a storage unit a couple years later and It's come time to get a replacement, but also an upgrade.

So I haven't seen many of the independent builders still producing a Mace windu Hilt, but just in browsing around I come across new builders daily so maybe you all know of some sources I haven't come across yet. Here's what i've found:

4f99dffd-39d0-4e73-877b-5f4f4537ee41.jpg

MR or Hasbro Force FX (Ebay)
Pros:
• Lots available

Cons:
• Inaccurate proportions (fat handle)
• Construction/electronics adequate but nothing compared to what's in the private manufacturing market
• Fixed blade

rune.jpg

Parks Sabers "Rune"
Pros:
• Looks amazing
• removable blade

Cons:
• No sound (sound conversion looks way past my skill level)
• lacking reputation (From what i've read)

macewindu_masterreplica.jpg

Master Replicas 1:1 Replica conversion
Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z78LAY0ga0

Pros:
• Looks amazing
• removable blade
• Near-perfect scale/proportions

Cons:
• Hefty investment ($1000+ for the solid hilt alone)
• Defacing a limited edition (not for the purists)

E6EAB13F-BA2B-46A9-81F2-27B1ADF375B9_zpsqf4pxrb0.jpg

Possible Ultrasabers release in the near future

Pros:
• Prob gonna look real good and work real well

Cons:
• Proportions similar to the MR series - inaccurate

And that's all i've found so far... But I will add to this list as any more come in. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Parks looks amazing but if you can look past any inaccuracies and just want something with a removable blade the MR Mace now can be converted to removable blade. I just bought a MR and converted it myself. Not a hard job but I'm sure if your not up to it another member should be able to take care of it for you.
Just a suggestion. Good luck [emoji106]

I, too, have the MR Force FX and like it quite a bit. I'm sure the hilt is probably too thick, but it's a fun collectible.

Kind of surprised not even the notorious mass consumer saber makers have a similar design.

I was surprised too. Given, it's probably not one of the most popular designs as it's definitely more polished than the classics. But it's looking like the only two options are the MR and the $400 Parks with no sounds.

Years ago I had the 2nd or 3rd generation Master Replicas Mace Windu saber. It got stolen out of a storage unit a couple years later and It's come time to get a replacement, but also an upgrade.

So I haven't seen many of the independent builders still producing a Mace windu Hilt, but just in browsing around I come across new builders daily so maybe you all know of some sources I haven't come across yet. Here's what i've found:

MR or Hasbro Force FX (Ebay)
Pros:
• Lots available

Cons:
• Inaccurate proportions (fat handle)
• Construction/electronics adequate but nothing compared to what's in the private manufacturing market
• Fixed blade
http://www.collectionstash.com/files/4f99dffd-39d0-4e73-877b-5f4f4537ee41.jpg

Parks Sabers "Rune"
Pros:
• Looks amazing
• removable blade

Cons:
• No sound (sound conversion looks way past my skill level)
• lacking reputation (From what i've read)
http://www.parksabers.com/img/rune.jpg

And that's all i've found so far... But I will add to this list as any more come in. Thanks in advance!

The Parks Rune is nice looking but undersized. If you really want to upgrade big time there is a high-end FX version in the works by one of the well known sabersmiths that will rival anything previously released. I won't say which one, just keep on the lookout. ;)

The Parks Rune is nice looking but undersized. If you really want to upgrade big time there is a high-end FX version in the works by one of the well known sabersmiths that will rival anything previously released. I won't say which one, just keep on the lookout. ;)

Well that sounds intriguing... Any details you can share?

Well that sounds intriguing... Any details you can share?

That's pretty much all I know. High-end FX limited run, 1:1 scale, super accurate, very expensive! Last I knew it was scheduled for this year but with all of the smiths being super busy I wouldn't be surprised it it gets pushed back a bit.

That's pretty much all I know. High-end FX limited run, 1:1 scale, super accurate, very expensive! Last I knew it was scheduled for this year but with all of the smiths being super busy I wouldn't be surprised it it gets pushed back a bit.

Well that definitely sounds like the one to wait for. Thanks for the heads up!

They have been talking about Mace Windu run for last 4-5 years and still haven't gotten around to it. They are much busier than they were 2-3 years ago. At least one of their run has been going on for 2+ years.

I wouldn't count on their doing an MW run in a foreseeable future. May be some other smiths will do one but I doubt it. MW is a difficult and expensive saber to machine. So short of competition in the horizon, I doubt they will get around to it.

Korbanth has talked about a full sized MW run but he's also said that he won't do one too.

They have been talking about Mace Windu run for last 4-5 years and still haven't gotten around to it. They are much busier than they were 2-3 years ago. At least one of their run has been going on for 2+ years.

I wouldn't count on their doing an MW run in a foreseeable future. May be some other smiths will do one but I doubt it. MW is a difficult and expensive saber to machine. So short of competition in the horizon, I doubt they will get around to it.

Korbanth has talked about a full sized MW run but he's also said that he won't do one too.

Possibly, but from what I was told directly a few months ago they may be closer than you think. Korbanth decided not to do one in part because another smith has it in the works.

Possibly, but from what I was told directly a few months ago they may be closer than you think. Korbanth decided not to do one in part because another smith has it in the works.

I hope that you are right but they haven't exactly kept to the release dates suggested in their pre-announcements. They have a 6+month build time on all orders and several pre-announced sabers. I don't know how likely screen accurate MW sabers will materialize in the near future.

Last edited:
One of the reasons it likely hasn't been done is that it's one of the hardest to make. Over 30 parts for just the hilt. Kylo's is probably the only one harder due to all the detail on it.

If it's done, i'd expect it to be a bit more expensive than the average price.

I know converting a Parks is not impossible. I wonder if anyone has tried converting this specific one, though.

I know converting a Parks is not impossible. I wonder if anyone has tried converting this specific one, though.

Ya there's some on Youtube if you search around. The Korbanth sabers, which are apparently identical to the parks, have been converted to feature sound and such. Looks like the big drawback is that there really isn't enough space to put in a decent speaker. Here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqxwZxBokYo

A few others have done conversions of the limited edition Master Replicas 1:1 replicas. Just the hilts for those alone go for about $1000 on ebay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z78LAY0ga0

One of the reasons it likely hasn't been done is that it's one of the hardest to make. Over 30 parts for just the hilt. Kylo's is probably the only one harder due to all the detail on it.

If it's done, i'd expect it to be a bit more expensive than the average price.

Yes, as I said it will be expensive. :lol

You can also purchase an empty Rune from Parks (although I've read there is no cost difference, can't confirm this independently) and install electronics. I've seen Nano Biscotti and Pico Crumbles installed in the Parks/Korbanth MW3.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back