Options for Mace Windu sabers?

I have a 100% accurate version all the way down to the grip pattern my dad hand spun years ago for me...

c474e8046e011d47d62422a65ffce9b8.jpg

4b0b9723d58a31565a013ae809297188.jpg

Alex

The one in the pictures was made by SaberArt. I was part of the run. I believe I had number 038, but sold it quite a few years ago.
It might have been. My dad gave it too me exactly 10 years ago right before he passed. I have a whole list of lightsabers he had spun by hand though and I had naturally assumed this was one of them. My bad.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

The one in the pictures was made by SaberArt. I was part of the run. I believe I had number 038, but sold it quite a few years ago.

It might have been. My dad gave it too me exactly 10 years ago right before he passed. I have a whole list of lightsabers he had spun by hand though and I had naturally assumed this was one of them. My bad.

Alex

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

That's a cool looking MW from SaberArt. It shows that it is possible to do a MW run over the RTF.

I don't know what was the run price of MW saber by SaberArt was back then but cost of doing a MW run using a USA-based machinist will be quite expensive.

For example, Roman is selling his Obi-Wan ROTS saber (which is hollow and fx-capable) at $299. Since MW saber has far more pieces and more mill work involved, my guess is that it will easily exceed $300 and may approach or exceed $500, especially if it were to include chrome and gold plating. A problem is that the number of people who are willing and able to pay $300+ for a MW saber is limited without some assurance of quality.

Our best bet may be to convince someone like Roman to do a MW run.

That's a cool looking MW from SaberArt. It shows that it is possible to do a MW run over the RTF.

I don't know what was the run price of MW saber by SaberArt was back then but cost of doing a MW run using a USA-based machinist will be quite expensive.

For example, Roman is selling his Obi-Wan ROTS saber (which is hollow and fx-capable) at $299. Since MW saber has far more pieces and more mill work involved, my guess is that it will easily exceed $300 and may approach or exceed $500, especially if it were to include chrome and gold plating. A problem is that the number of people who are willing and able to pay $300+ for a MW saber is limited without some assurance of quality.

Our best bet may be to convince someone like Roman to do a MW run.

don't forget we need bad mother flower engraved too! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's actually two tells that says it's the SaberArt saber :)

I don't have the capacity to do a run of them, but I do still have the original files.

There's actually two tells that says it's the SaberArt saber :)

Care to enlighten us cboath ... I may have a SaberArt Mace Windu saber, purchased most likely here in the Junkyard, perhaps even from teecrooz (?) Where's that serial # located?

My dad gave it too me exactly 10 years ago right before he passed.

Alex

That's how it's done STAR WARS style ... handed from father to son ... I love it :)

Chaim

Care to enlighten us cboath ... I may have a SaberArt Mace Windu saber, purchased most likely here in the Junkyard, perhaps even from teecrooz (?) Where's that serial # located?

That's how it's done STAR WARS style ... handed from father to son ... I love it :)

Chaim

The numbers were on the section of gold rings. I believe there were 60. But then again, there were gold anodized and a brass run, so I don't remember the total.

The gold anodizing as in the photo posted is one of the tells. As far as i'm aware, we're the only group that did that. The other tell, is the lines perpendicular to the rings. At that time we made it, the only good photo made it look like there was something there, but after we made it, more source was available and it turned out to be a reflection. A possible third is i think we're the only ones who made 1 part that should have been two. :)

The XX/60 or whatever it was was on the either the top or bottom of the gold ring section. It's been a LONG time, but I think that the person who had them made may have had a few made that weren't numbered. Not sure about that. I think the only other person to do a run at that time was bowelrock if i'm remembering correctly...

20160901_173310.jpg

I just looked and it turns out I still have a few of these left that I had made at the time that were included with the sabers. After all the time they're starting to show their age which makes them look cooler to me at least :)

You could barely get real blueprints back then either..I'm wondering if you can even still get bluelines or if xeroxing is all that's done anymore.

The numbers were on the section of gold rings. I believe there were 60. But then again, there were gold anodized and a brass run, so I don't remember the total.

I can't find a number on mine ... yet I do believe the golden parts looks anodized ... yet it's matt not shiny gold :wacko

Mace%20Windu-01_zpsjpyrhzwq.jpg

Mace%20Windu-02_zpsfz5nqifl.jpg

Mace%20Windu-03_zpsmmpicntj.jpg

Mace%20Windu-04_zps2m5vehrp.jpg

Chaim

Last edited:
I'm sure you did, but you have to unscrew the grip section from the gold ring section. Possibly even unscrew the gold ring section from the button section. It was supposedly engraved on the flat side of the gold ring section.

Plus, like i said, i think it's possible he sold a few unnumbered extras.

Thanks ... no, with two left-hands I'm not unscrewing anything just to satisfy my curiousity :wacko ... however can you tell from my pictures it has the other tell, the lines perpendicular to the rings? Thus at least confirming this is a Saber Art's Creation? I'm sorry if I do derail the original topic with my inquiry ... I sincerely do apologize if I do :$

Chaim

First I've heard of SaberArt and im really happy seeing all of this.

There is someone out there selling electroplated/raw casts of one of the stunt MW sabers (much thinner, different design) and possibly the hero, among other odd lightsabers/parts. I've seen the actual props he says he is using and the results weren't too great. He also said he was buying texalum blades to include with an installed threaded system so you could have a full stunt saber.

I never actually got one. I spent almost a year communicating with him and I started getting sketchy "need more time" emails and eventually just dead silence. That was in March, in September (2015) he again asked me to tell him what I wanted and I was like...I haven't heard from you in six months, I'm not doing this. He didn't take a deposit, so I can't say it was a scam, but I was really disappointed with how that worked out.
Picture 321a.JPGPicture 419.jpgPicture 691.jpgPicture 765.jpg

That guys been selling castings for a while. It all has a real pedegree and would be nice. However, he's not particularly skilled at pouring castings and as a result, a lot of the stuff he sells is riddled with bubbles and often quite warped

That guys been selling castings for a while. It all has a real pedegree and would be nice. However, he's not particularly skilled at pouring castings and as a result, a lot of the stuff he sells is riddled with bubbles and often quite warped

Would you consider doing a run of MW saber?

I've thought of it, specificlly because I own a nice casting of the original prop. But, I'm not sure if I actually have the 3d modeling skills to draw up the main body accurately.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back