Vacuum forming with worbla - Discussion

CommanderKaable

Don't really know where to put this topic but here it goes.

Hi guys! I'm always of the lookout to improve my prop making and quality of the things I create. I was descussing with a friend the possibility of vacumforming with worbla. We know how it works with pvc and abs, and we actullaly got a pretty good recepie of worbla-pie (the diy-worbla).

We havent tried it ("normal" vaccum forming with abs) and before building a machine and everything that need to be done with it, we where wonder about your oppinion on the subject since we are a bit unexperienced with working with worbla and that kind of thermo plastic.

Have you tried it? Did it work? How was the result?
Or have you done something similar?

I've not seen any builds that use vac-formed Worbla.

Maybe due to it not needing the vac part. You can heat it up and press it over your mold easily enough without needing any machines etc.

I've not had a huge amount of experience with worbla, but I have done a fair bit of vac forming over the years.
My gut feeling says it's too soft when hot to form well - I can see it just collapsing into the machine when heated.
My wallet says it's also bloody expensive, whereas styrene is cheap as the proverbial... By all means give it a shot, at least it's reusable if it doesn't work.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back