Accidental post deleted.

Moderators, please delete this.

Attachments

• 20160902_092252.jpg
    20160902_092252.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Thanks moffeaton, nicholassagan, and rbeach84

fyi, for anyone not sure how to open them if they don't have Adobe Illustrator, just rename the file with a .pdf extension instead of a .ai extension wen you download it and it will open up fine in whatever pdf reader you have

If you'r working on ANH-era, the derived fonts here are wrong. Joe cut together a page of lettering to use. Should be out there to find, and it's not many symbols.

Ahhh ok, I have that one, I think it's just named different.
thanks,
L

If you'r working on ANH-era, the derived fonts here are wrong. Joe cut together a page of lettering to use. Should be out there to find, and it's not many symbols.

Please, details! With ANH, I didn't think they used Aurebesh orginally in the movies so would to love to hear more information (I know they "backfitted" a lot of the graphics post-movie theatrical release.) I've been working on making some 'analog' markings for the kit decals used on the original models (like the 5-footer) and it is a lot of fun. Here is an example of a 'Hazard' and 'Danger' placards inspired by the originals:

extract_warning symbols.jpg

Regards, Robert

Please, details! With ANH, I didn't think they used Aurebesh orginally in the movies so would to love to hear more information (I know they "backfitted" a lot of the graphics post-movie theatrical release.) I've been working on making some 'analog' markings for the kit decals used on the original models (like the 5-footer) and it is a lot of fun. Here is an example of a 'Hazard' and 'Danger' placards inspired by the originals:

View attachment 661414

Regards, Robert

Didn't they use Hebrew on some of the early props?

SB

ZOMBIE ALERT!
I vaguely recalled this conversation and have come full circle in that I created an Aurebesh font that I called "RealAurebesh". The details may be found on my club website (Aurebesh Custom Font for use with Star Wars models | Hampton Roads Scale Modelers), but the font file is attached.

Primarily, I tackled the original character set and cleaned it up by updating the near-duplicate characters, made a non-Arabic number set and rationalized the digraphs & diphongs. I was a bit irrational in the keyboard associations but looking at the map should help. I hope it is useful!

*** I did some tweaking so that the case doesn't matter so it is possible to 'translate' anything (in English, that is) to Aurebesh just by changing the font to the below option. Note that the diphongs are essentially on the 'Shift-number' keys plus two on the left & right brackets...

regards, Robert

Attachments

• RealAurebesh.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back