Star Wars decals - my source art

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Can I attach an Illustrator file? Gonna try.

View attachment decals.ai

This is an .ai file of all the art I drew for the following:

Blue 1/Red 2 X-Wing
Skyhopper
Pyro X-Wings
Escape Pod
TIEs (ANH) and Vader TIE
B-Wings

I make no guarantees these will fit - they were my best guess at the time. I know the B-Wing ones are missing a few, and they were sized to fit the Frank and Moe models. But these will give y'all a jumping off point.

Everything is sized to the scale ILM made them in.

Hey, thanks for sharing yo'r dekal artwork, Jason! Seems like I could open an AI file using Inkscape; gonna give it a try! [Actually, PDF readers do it okay, too!]

Funnily, you made a comment about getting a few hours in painting so it was a good day - me too! My wifey is going back to school (she is a 4th grade teacher) with a Star Wars theme. In support, I took a Hasbro out of the stash and just slapped the stickers on it, then when 'Hmmm!' and so did a quick sludge wash, and again when 'Hmmm!' so decided I'd use some of Eric's (retiredadguy) YT-1300 Freighter decals on it (used the Hasbro Legacy version, pretty fair fit...) for effect. It was really looking pretty good, so broke out the pastels to finish it off. Really amazing what a paint job will do... anyway, I know what you meant exactly!

Cheers! Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for these!!
Any chance of getting the font that's used? Or a version with the font converted to curves?
:)

thanks
L
Here's my Red Jammer set patterned for the Bandai Y-Wing. Should be pretty easy to scale to anything anyone would need. FYI these are for personal use only :) I had a handful of the stencils in place already but I augmented it with some of Jason's.

It's just called STARWARS. Aurebesh is the "in-universe" alphabet

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, I have a font installed called Sternbach

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 10.19.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-31 at 10.19.09 AM.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 144
Just to add to the fun of sharing and in case anyone missed it, I uploaded my A-Wing decal artwork to our local modeling club's website; download it there along with documentation on placement:

http://hamptonroadsscalemodelers.com

It was easy to do since all the markings came from the 1/24 Airfix Harrier kit sheet! In fact, there are a few found on nicholassagan's sheet from the same source as well as stuff from Microscale railroad decal sheets... like the 'yellow cat ears on blue triangle' marking. I suspect much of the stenciling on the original model came from Microscale RR 'data' sheets.

Regards, Robert

Last edited:
Considering how vile the negative karma is right now with some people, not that I believe in that necessarily, I figured it was a positive thing to do.

I am hell bent on making this forum safe for new people, and hope the old guys come back.

Plus, I am accused of being in this only for the money, which if you looked at my bank account is a laughable concept, but I thought this was a nice "nuh-uh" :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back