I need some help with sealing silver

mortalmagus

As the title says I could use help finding a good way to seal silver spray paint. Through the roof liquefies the paint and turns it a dull grey. Same with crystal clear or the krylon equivalent. Spray on car wax stopped the silver from rubbing off on my hands but I need something to really hold the color on there so it won't get scratched up from brushing a fingernail across the finish.

Any help would be appreciated I've had to repaint this project 4 times now and I've run out of time to finish.

Krylon premium metallic original chrome onto urecoat covered foam for a suit of armor for larp. After a bit more research pledge floor care finish wax seems to be what I need. The spray wax isn't building up enough to protect it from scratches.

I definitely second Pledge.
I use Pledge on all my silver or chrome paint jobs. It's even better than the stuff Alclad puts out to seal it IMO.
It is the only thing I've found I can use over a mirror chrome and keep the high shine. It even works over stuff like gold leaf.

Best of luck!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back