Justice League Movie "Flash" Inspired Cowl

Han7208

Here's my Justice League Movie "Flash" inspired helmet. This took me around two days to do. The helmet was made out of foam and the wings out of foam core. The mask was covered in 5 layers of a mixture of PVA Glue/School Glue to create a layer for the paint to stick to. Without the Glue/Water mixture, the foam will absorb the paint like a sponge and it will ruin the helmet. After applying the Water/Glue mixture, I painted the cowl using AppleBarrel "Hot Rod Red" acrylic paint and the wings using FolkArt Gold Paint. I suggest you do 3 to 5 layers of Red paint on the helmet and 2 to 3 layers of Gold paint on the wings. The wings were hot glued on to the cowl. Then velcro straps were added to the bottom of the helmet.

Helmet template (Not made by me) :http://www.4shared.com/file/VBdFqc9uba/Flash_Mask_foam_CC.html
IMG_20160826_143207.jpgIMG_20160826_143651.jpgIMG_20160826_143830.jpg

Forgot to mention, the inside was also covered in the PVA/School Glue Mixture and painted using AppleBarrel Matte Black.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back