Batman Knightmare Build beginning

coatssnare

Hello all,

I'm starting my first build with a Batman Knightmare cosplay. Please give your thoughts as I would appreciate it.

The first things I have done are the Goggles and the Weapon. I know the goggles aren't screen accurate, but at 11 dollars for both, they'll make great practice.

I got my Scar L cheap airsoft gun, primed, taped, painted. Thank you to the ex-girlfriend for leave a pair of green shorts which I cut up for the grip. I will change out the material on the barrel when I get it.

I found the joker card and did some things with it in photoshop. I can easily put these on or off to give it the look I want.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Prime 1.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

progress.JPG

Finished.JPG

joker card.JPG

joker card2.jpg

joker card3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And here are the goggles. Again, for $11 I got both of these. One day later down the road, I'll spend a little more on a more screen-accurate pair but this is what I have so far. These are now both done, pictures to come.

The pair that are covered in sand here isn't sand at all. I live in Tennessee, there's no sand and it's been pretty much mud lately. So I took some cinnamon, salt, pumpkin spice and grinded it up to get the color I wanted. I have to be honest, these smell great.

I painted them brown since they came black and used a foam brush with some earth color rustoleum. Just tried to dirty up the head band as much as possible.

goggle 1.JPG

Last edited:
I have really liked the look of the scarf on the Batman v Superman Knightmare Hot Toy. So much to my itchy chagrin, I went out and found some burlap on sale. I have a ton of this stuff. I sewed in a black shirt underneath to just help in the itch-prevention and to darken it up so I wouldn't have to wear 3 layers of burlap.

scarf1.jpgScarf2.jpgScarf3.jpg

With the scarf and the goggles and mask, it's looking a bit like this:

Mask, scarf, goggles.jpg

I'm also going to try to assemble the utility belt on my own. Fingers crossed. Test on a flashlight/tube on the belt.

belt.jpg

Attachments

• Scarf1.gif
    Scarf1.gif
    131 KB · Views: 197
My Emerson tactical knee pads have arrived in 2.5 weeks from China. yay.

IMG_0182.JPG

Now since I may or may not get the tactical pants that these velcro in and out of, I don't want to cut the part that you see in the movie off and just glue them to the pants I have now. If I did that, I'd be stuck with those glue and possibly tearing or what not.

So I decided that I'd make some spares out of foam.

I put a piece of paper under each corner and traced out the shape.

IMG_0183.JPG

I cut those out and made a shape template and then put that template onto some thicker paper.
IMG_0185.JPGIMG_0187.JPG

I glued that down onto the foam and then painted the edges. I did that rather than try to cut using only the paper as a guide. It's hard trying to keep the paper taped down and cut with the foam rolling up. So by painting it, the line is always there. (I tried the other way.... scraps)

This gave me a nice shape that matches the real pads. I'm in the process of adding a few layers of Plastidip. Then, I'll use the heat gun to shape them to my knees and then glue them on.

Any suggestions of which glue on cloth to use?

IMG_0190.JPGIMG_0199.JPG

Last edited:
Working on the gloves now. Motorcyle gloves that I've sanded down and added some EVA foam to.

I'm not in love, but there are other things that need to happen first so these can do for now.
IMG_0218.JPGIMG_0220.JPGIMG_0222.JPGIMG_0223.JPGIMG_0225.JPG

I went back to my FN Scar that Batman uses in the nightmare sequence. Upon seeing more pictures, I saw that I had weathered my gun a little too much. But I had already put on so many coats of paint. Long story short, I saw another airsoft on ebay for $20 all in. I bought it and rather than paint it black and weather, I did the camo and think that it looks pretty solid to the picture below. The new gun didn't come with a magazine so I had to make one from foam. I still need to coat in and give another paint (it sponges up) but I'll get it and make it look a little more metal.

Then, I also redid my previous gun since all the paint and tools were out.

future knightmare Batsuit costume.jpgIMG_0375.PNGIMG_0330.JPGIMG_0331.JPGIMG_0333.JPG

Last edited:
The king size cigarette cases are in from China. I'm trying to manufacture the belt as organically as possible. Flashlights for the canisters and metal cigarette cases for the pouches. I bought the "gold" cases and then just weathered them up a bit with some black spray paint. I really liked the little bit of chrome on them so I taped them up and painted.

So these are real, they open and close. I can put concession stand money in them.

IMG_0363.JPGIMG_0361.JPGIMG_0365.JPGIMG_0368.JPGIMG_0369.JPG

Last edited:
Even in the post apocalyptic world, I'd like to think that Bamtan would still be packing his grappling gun. Plus, I wanted to paint one up after all the great pieces I've seen on here.

I fudged it up a little, but I was proud of the wood grain look that I got using 3 colors brown. I think that I'll buy another one, take my time and do it right. Good training and I'll get the 2nd one a bit better.

IMG_0387.JPGIMG_0388.JPGIMG_0390.JPGIMG_0392.JPGIMG_0394.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back