New Jumanji Movie Discussion

I am a karen gillan fan and will most likely see anything she is in...Like many harry potter fans that will follow those actors to the end of time so to will I want to know where Amy Pond is now :)

I am a karen gillan fan and will most likely see anything she is in...Like many harry potter fans that will follow those actors to the end of time so to will I want to know where Amy Pond is now :)

Karen Gillian is definitely one of the top reasons why I want to see this movie, the fact that it looks genuinely funny to me doesn't hurt either.

Karen Gillan and her stunt doubles on set. The redheads are invading...

RlCb4cq.jpg

I, for one, welcome our new redheaded overladies.

U know now seeing the game board and it possessing the console... I'm kinda sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, that would be cool if it simply was possessing an empty shell of a console. BUT, I like to stick to my theory of it being a shape-shifting, life-lesson-teaching entity.

Speaking of the trailer, it's extremely clear now that the game in the trailer is a replica, as speculated before. The box is too square, the letters look CNC'd and not cast molded from the original, and the hunter just looks... weird.

That being said, I'm hopeful for some sort of explanation as to how the game wound up in that kid's hands, as at the end of the first film, there are two French girls about to discover the game, though it is never implied WHEN it wound up on the beach. What's kind of concerning as well is that in the trailer, the game is also found on a beach. So either they're throwing away the girls and replacing them with the kid who finds it in the trailer OR they're skipping ahead in time and it has made it's way BACK to the U.S. after the French girls finished their game.

In any case, I'm excited.

Okay everyone, so I went through the first few seconds of the new trailer that contain the "original" Jumanji board and took some screen shots in as HD as Youtube allowed.

JUMANJI 1.pngJUMANJI 6.png
Okay, so first off. The letters, specifically the capital J and lowercase j are too 'pointy' on their ends, while the entire word JUMANJI is not rounded off like the original.

Then, the hunter looks like he pulled his own hat down and covered his eyes. Though, it might just be a lighting issue.

I placed the original board, using a screencap of the DVD next to it.

JUMANJI 4.pngJUMANJI 2.pngJUMANJI 3.pngMARKPOON JUMANJI.jpg
Onto the above 3 images, it appears there is a "seam" in the front plate design that goes right down the middle of the 'mountains.'

We also get a better look at the inside. The paths look a little lazy, and from what I gathered, it looks like they simply bought
a Markpoon board and modified it with a "new" front plate.

Take a look at the outer "interlocking teeth" pattern that borders the game. It looks all too familiar if you followed Markpoon's thread closely, I placed a photo of Marks version for comparison. (And NO, I'm not trying to bash Marks board, I'm totally over that. This is just for research and comparison.)

And my last observation of the inside is that the lids to the token compartments look odd as well, nearly resembling Mark's board, and not true to the first film.

JUMANJI 5.pngJUMANJI 7.png
Last but not least, we have one quick shot of one of the hinge sides of the board.

And to me, it again doesn't appear to match the 1995 film board. The 2017 board's hinges are too close together AND flipped upside down, as you can see by the other comparison photo taken directly from the DVD.

Hopefully we'll get a better look once the film comes out and even more-so when the DVD releases with behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Anyone want to see images of the Board Game as a Video Game Console? I have some images from the trailer. Freeze-frames, but still.

jumanji1.jpgjumanji2.jpg
Well that's a fun reveal of how the game transformed itself!
Honestly looking at these, I'd say this wooden board was a modified markpoon board, but I'm not a betting man.

What's funny is that the Jumanji logo on the game cartridge doesn't match the one on the game screen (which is the film's logo), it looks like they just quickly took a screenshot of the original title screen and just printed it out. Can't say I hugely dislike it. Gotta make me one of those.

Slight annoyance in the board, is that they managed to get the the instructions on the wrong sides of the board, and facing the wrong way. But I don't think that's going to ruin my enjoyment of the film, just my being pedantic.

Last edited:
Honestly looking at these, I'd say this wooden board was a modified markpoon board, but I'm not a betting man.

So it seems my speculation is correct on Markpoons board being used here, which is honestly pretty interesting.

Also, the instructions are flipped the wrong way! How could they over look such a huge detail??

Hey guys! In the wake of the new sneak peek featuring the Jumanji cartridge, I decided to construct a 3D model to the best of my ability and from what little detail we actually see at this point.

Jumanji Cart 4.pngJumanji Cart 3.pngJumanji Cart 7.pngJumanji Cart 6.pngJumanji Cart 5.pngJumanji Cart 1.pngJumanji Cart 2.png

I put what I felt might be on the back of this cartridge, the general warnings and things. I kinda stole it from the back of the old NES cartridge and erased the Nintendo logo.
I think it would be really cool to get this printed in the future, maybe a little more deconstructed and not solid inside, but built like an actual video game cartridge.

Hey everyone! Was browsing Hot Topic recently for some possible christmas gifts for the family, and I came across this shirt!

23635537_10214813752040652_405816835_n.jpg

I found this particularly interesting, as it's obviously a photo of one of Markpoon's boards, and not the screen used game from 1995.
This is official licensed merchandise for the upcoming film, as seen by the label inside the collar. I am just very curious as to why
they wouldn't use a photo of the real thing? And whether or not Mark knows his stuff is being used for merch? I guess, technically its okay because its a replica and not an original creation.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure in the US, all copyright laws pretty much vanish when it comes to clothes/tshirts (am Australian, please correct if I'm wrong).

But that is hilarious! Markpoon must be proud :)

Another Jumanji: WTTJ update thing. They launched an interactive website where you can visit and explore the treehouse Alan Parrish lived in during his 26 years in Jumanji.

Within the exploration there are "tokens" which are basically large coins with Markpoons "portrait" designs on them. I still find it interesting that they are using his stuff everywhere! :lol

Also, within a "journal" there is a trailer, and a few photos behind it, one depicting the Jumanji game, but its 95% blocked. I'm wondering if anyone is willing to go "inspect" all the data in the lines of code and find the image? I gave it a quick look but I'm not sure what specifically to look for.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. Now we know where Alan was for 26 years. Enjoy exploring the treehouse!

-- http://www.jumanji360.com/ --

Alright, I need your guy's help.

I found this video on Instagram today, and the person who posted it claims that he bought it just like that, wooden and such at his local canadian walmart. I have called several locations near me, in the US, and no one has it, and Target or Toys R Us are the only ones that have any sort of version, but its cardboard.

The person is being a bit stubborn and not telling me specifically where he purchased it from. And I was hoping to have some help in finding this thing.

Here is the video -- https://scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagra...427_147648662523151_2867312762285981696_n.mp4

Thanks guys

Hey everyone! Was browsing Hot Topic recently for some possible christmas gifts for the family, and I came across this shirt!

View attachment 773616

I found this particularly interesting, as it's obviously a photo of one of Markpoon's boards, and not the screen used game from 1995.
This is official licensed merchandise for the upcoming film, as seen by the label inside the collar. I am just very curious as to why
they wouldn't use a photo of the real thing? And whether or not Mark knows his stuff is being used for merch? I guess, technically its okay because its a replica and not an original creation.

That looks like mine with the paintjob... I have seen my pictures of my board circulating in every "news" website talkign about the new jumanji, I wouldn't be surprised x)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back