New Jumanji Movie Discussion

I also grabbed some shots from the international and US trailer. Here are my thoughts on it. I love that there's a green dome, and the wood paneling look, in the vein of an Atari, but this console seems custom made. Hopefully we'll get a better look at the cartridge on the right hand side and the console as a whole in the near future. And yes, I too noticed that the "old" game shown in the trailer teaser wasn't accurate. Not sure why they would have done that but oh well.

I think making replicas of this will be a lot easier! :lol

Jumanji 1.pngJumanji 2.pngJumanji 3.png

i saw the trailer, i dont care about the video game console anymore. we get to see the inside of the jungle. it will be a great pop corn eating event. heck maybe i can even ask a girl to go see it with me. will i count it as a sequel, no, but is sure dont mind watching and looking for easter eggs

Though it is a video game, it is supposed to be the same world that Robin Williams' character Alan Parrish entered in the first movie, so other characters will mention Alan and show what he did in the game.

Oh man I'm excited for that

I wonder how they are going to create these "portals" into the game?

Is there some evil wizard going around tainting objects like the game board and now console?

I hope they touch on who or how the console was created

Oh man I'm excited for that

I wonder how they are going to create these "portals" into the game?

Is there some evil wizard going around tainting objects like the game board and now console?

I hope they touch on who or how the console was created

Honestly, my theory is that Jumanji has the ability to transform and fit whatever environment the next set of players inhabits. So, back in 1969, a board game was still a very cool and exciting thing kids were into. Now, in the 2000's, video games, especially retro games are very popular. Which leads me to why Allen Parrish encountered Van Pelt and why he resembled Sam Parrish in such a drastic way... The game changes based on who plays it. My guess, for those 2 boys back in the 1800's, the game was very different from what Allan Parrish discovered in 1969.

Honestly, my theory is that Jumanji has the ability to transform and fit whatever environment the next set of players inhabits. So, back in 1969, a board game was still a very cool and exciting thing kids were into. Now, in the 2000's, video games, especially retro games are very popular. Which leads me to why Allen Parrish encountered Van Pelt and why he resembled Sam Parrish in such a drastic way... The game changes based on who plays it. My guess, for those 2 boys back in the 1800's, the game was very different from what Allan Parrish discovered in 1969.

I'm going with your theory! nice! :thumbsup

emma i wonder if there is some all time grand wizard or witch doctor in the world of jumanji. and he is the one cursing all these "game objects". knowing children wouldn't be interested in a board game anymore he cursed a old video game system

emma i wonder if there is some all time grand wizard or witch doctor in the world of jumanji. and he is the one cursing all these "game objects". knowing children wouldn't be interested in a board game anymore he cursed a old video game system

Yeah, maybe Jumanji is an evil spirit summoned after a ouija party xD

Hey guys! Was just browsing the Jumanji tag on instagram yesterday, and decided to watch the trailer yet again. Here's one small detail we missed because the YouTube versions DONT HAVE IT! ! !

BRANTFORD.png

BRANTFORD! So, either that's an easter egg for us old timers, or the outside world in the movie takes place IN Brantford, NH. (The fictional location of the first film, for those who don't know.)

Hey guys! Was just browsing the Jumanji tag on instagram yesterday, and decided to watch the trailer yet again. Here's one small detail we missed because the YouTube versions DONT HAVE IT! ! !

View attachment 740411

BRANTFORD! So, either that's an easter egg for us old timers, or the outside world in the movie takes place IN Brantford, NH. (The fictional location of the first film, for those who don't know.)

Wicked!!!!! Was the original filmed in NH?

Seeing the original game being found on the beach in the sneak peak, I wonder if whoever found the game cannibalized it to make the console— like the wood paneling being taken from the wood of the game itself— imbuing the console with similar powers the board game had.

But also, I love the theory that it changes to fit the environment it's being played in.

Seeing the original game being found on the beach in the sneak peak, I wonder if whoever found the game cannibalized it to make the console— like the wood paneling being taken from the wood of the game itself— imbuing the console with similar powers the board game had.

But also, I love the theory that it changes to fit the environment it's being played in.

Kind of looks like the console has the same little dome that the board had, where the various descriptions came through

I showed the trailer to my wife and she smiled and giggled the whole way through. For the record she is not a scifi fan or a fan of Jumanji. Her reaction told me what I already knew, they put out a good trailer with some laughs for the masses. The purists will not like the changes, but hopefully it will be a fun summer flick.

I showed the trailer to my wife and she smiled and giggled the whole way through. For the record she is not a scifi fan or a fan of Jumanji. Her reaction told me what I already knew, they put out a good trailer with some laughs for the masses. The purists will not like the changes, but hopefully it will be a fun summer flick.

My wife reacted the same way, although she does enjoy some sci-fi but, as far as I know, is not any sort of big fan of the original.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back