New Jumanji Movie Discussion

This is what I thought too, like they want to appeal to a younger generation maybe, but I don't get why they do that because a good movie will be a good movie, no matter who's your target market, better when there's none.

This is what I thought too, like they want to appeal to a younger generation maybe, but I don't get why they do that because a good movie will be a good movie, no matter who's your target market, better when there's none.

i dont understand why they do this as well. i remember when the first film came out, i was roughly 10-11yrs old. my sister 8 and my brother 5. we all loved that movie, the first movie i always thought covered all ages, and it was awesome.

why do movies today focus only on a select age group? i just dont get it, especially a movie like this which i believed could have had a awesome sequel

Filming has wrapped for the main 4.

Also, according to someone working on set for the 'real world' portion of the film, the game will in fact be a video game. Still no word on how it will be designed; either by disk, cartridge or a stand alone console.

A video game? Really?

Attachments

• sas33.png
    sas33.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 127095609349.jpg
    127095609349.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 201
The plot on the Jumanji wikipedia page was updated, though no source was given, so who knows how reliable the information is...

In a brand new Jumanji adventure, the tables are turned as four teenagers are sucked into Jumanji's world - pitted against rhinos, black mambas and an endless variety of jungle traps and puzzles. To survive, they'll play as characters from the game: meek Spencer becomes a brave explorer (Dwayne Johnson); hulky jock Fridge becomes a tiny genius (Kevin Hart); It-girl Bethany becomes a bookworm professor (Jack Black); and unathletic Martha becomes an amazonian warrior (Karen Gillan). To beat the game and return to the real world with their lives, they'll have to start seeing things in an entirely different way.

Great news, everyone! The Rock and the rest of the cast premiered some footage of the new film, officially titled

JUMANJI: Welcome to the Jungle

tonight at CinemaCon! Searching on Instagram I found a description of the brief footage they showed off...

“The footage begins with four high schoolers in detention. Their teacher orders them to clean out the basement of the school, and they find an old video game console, which features the game Jumanji. You pick a character, and as the teens learn you are that person in the game ... which transports you to a jungle. One rather nerdy boy is surprised (and rather pleased) to see he's got the muscles of The Rock. The popular girl in school is horrified to learn she's got the body of Jack Black. So yep, part of the fun of this movie is Black is playing a teenage girl and the Rock is playing a nerd. As for star Karen Gillan's controversial skimpy costume, as The Rock promised months ago, yes, there's a reason for it.”

EDIT: I found another, more in depth description of the footage from comicbook.com...

"Students are in detention. They're stereotypically teenagers, playing sports or on their computers, or taking pictures for Instagram. The principal makes the clean out the basement and finds a digital Jumanji. They hook it up to a screen. They pick characters. They all grab a controller and play before being sucked into the TV and launched on the islands of Jumanji. They've become the characters. They realize who they all really are. Bravestone describes their situation. Bethany (now: Jack Black), the pretty girl in the real world, is Jack Black and is not okay with being an overwight middle aged man. Hart's character insists he is missing the top two feet of his body. They find a map and follow a path. Bravestone beats people up, to his own surprise and satisfaction. Hart steps up to him and he flinches. A tour guide tells them they have to return a gem to its location. Bravestone realizes they have levels. Bethany teaches Gillan's character how to distract a man. They encounter possessed animals and eventually Alex, played by Nick Jones. They go through a tunnel filled with trap blades. Allen Parish is a boy who came and never left. Welcome to the Jungle plays. Action packed clips race across the screen. A hippo eats Jack Black. If they die three times, they lose. The title plays before a helicopter narrowly tries to escape a herd of rhinos."

So let's talk and see what you guys think! Not much more new information, but I just want a visual of the actual game!! Hopefully we'll get a full blown trailer, or some leaked images of the footage soon! In the meantime, here's a photo of the official logo! (Taken from dwaynejohnson_russia on Instagram.)

JUMANJI.jpg

JUMANJI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With me being such a huge fan of the original, it will be hard to keep me away from this one!
Being a fan of the original, I thought this would most definitely keep you away. All of that sounds horrible, and could have been in any stupid setting, doesnt need to be jumanji. Man. What a bummer. Aside from some wonky CGI in the first one, it was such a fun movie. Kevin Hart is too obnoxious for me. And a video game? Cmooon. And in what school do they tell the kids to clean a basement out. Man. Maybe I should be a writer. They are SO LAZY.

Being a fan of the original, I thought this would most definitely keep you away. All of that sounds horrible, and could have been in any stupid setting, doesnt need to be jumanji. Man. What a bummer. Aside from some wonky CGI in the first one, it was such a fun movie. Kevin Hart is too obnoxious for me. And a video game? Cmooon. And in what school do they tell the kids to clean a basement out. Man. Maybe I should be a writer. They are SO LAZY.

The reaction so far has been positive. So I'm hopeful!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back