New Jumanji Movie Discussion

There was only one wooden board made for the first film, carved by hand by Milano Woodworks to plans that had been drawn up.
This didn't include the game plate where the pieces move, and the plate on the outside of the board (which says "Jumanji"), as those were modelled and cast up by the art department for the film. They were then painted and set into the wooden board from Milano to create the main board. The rest of the boards were cast from that original, and painted to match.

This information comes from the guys who made the boards for the original film. Not sure what's happening with this film, but it should be pretty good. :)

This is a different version of the Jumanji game than the first movie. The cast pictured in the photo are actually the avatars that the players chose.
Where are you getting this info? If it's some video game version, trying to make it relevant to this technology-rich culture, its gonna be really really bad.

So those four are the main characters? They all get sucked in then what, they just start cosplaying as adventurers or something? I remember Alan going in the game and when he came back he was pretty shaken up about what he encountered.

So those four are the main characters? They all get sucked in then what, they just start cosplaying as adventurers or something? I remember Alan going in the game and when he came back he was pretty shaken up about what he encountered.

Still no definitive word on what the synopsis of the movie will be, or how the game will work this time around.

It could be playing on the theory I had about the game recently; that Jumanji customizes itself to the situation in order to teach a life lesson to the players. Like, with Allen, in the first movie, he was having a bit of a dispute with his father at the beginning and by the end he was brave enough to face his fears and man up. Which is why, I think, the hunter looks like Allen's dad and is always telling to act like a man.

Last edited:
These four are the avatars the players chose, so it's more than cosplay. For instance, two of those players are actually female. So it's more of an adventure-comedy compared to the first movie.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back