New Jumanji Movie Discussion

I am searching through instagram using #jumanji. There seems to be a few crew members and others who are also in Hawaii posting pictures. So hopefully if news doesnt come from The Rock, it will come from one of these guys.

Kevin Hart posted this to his Instagram about a day ago. New photo of himself dressed in his Jumanji wardrobe.

14294775_1733832383522464_1049306928_n.jpg

Also, The Rock seems to have left Hawaii temporarily. He posted 2 things with him in Vegas and talked about some production work, but didn't detail specifics. Hopefully this doesn't mean that Jumanji is off filming schedule for too long. This could also mean that, story wise, The Rock's character doesn't come in until later. Now that I think about it, in the Jumanji book, they release an adventurer who is lost and looks strikingly similar to the Rocks character, Dr. Bravestone. Could this be why he isn't on set as of right now?

I'm a little curious, where was it made known that the outside carvings of the Jumanji board were made out of resin? I'm pretty sure Milano Woodworks said they carved it all by hand after designing it on Cad. Also, there were two hero bords made for the original, one for beauty shots and one with a removable bottom to magnetize the pieces. Both are in Sony Studios archives so they will probably just pull those out and then make molds for stunt/carry boards. Just a thought

I'm a little curious, where was it made known that the outside carvings of the Jumanji board were made out of resin? I'm pretty sure Milano Woodworks said they carved it all by hand after designing it on Cad. Also, there were two hero bords made for the original, one for beauty shots and one with a removable bottom to magnetize the pieces. Both are in Sony Studios archives so they will probably just pull those out and then make molds for stunt/carry boards. Just a thought

cad was around back in 1995?

Both are in Sony Studios archives so they will probably just pull those out and then make molds for stunt/carry boards.

I'm pretty sure the Special FX board with the hollow bottom is in the possession of a private seller. The only game that I know of that Sony has is the static "carry board" that they display every now and then in the lobby of Sony Studios. I remember asking if they had anything else from Jumanji and they told me that the game was apparently all that remained in their possession.

I'm pretty sure the Special FX board with the hollow bottom is in the possession of a private seller. The only game that I know of that Sony has is the static "carry board" that they display every now and then in the lobby of Sony Studios. I remember asking if they had anything else from Jumanji and they told me that the game was apparently all that remained in their possession.

Yes, the fx board is in private hands, however that was not the main board used for moving the pieces. There was a second wooden hero board that was used for close up shots of the pieces moving as the fx board was made of hard foam/resin. Both of the wooden boards were not let out of the studio and are currently in the archives as ik from a personal source.

I think CAD was on version 10 or 11 in '95. Yeah, I'm an old drafter.

seriously i can't believe that! 1995 i had windows 95 and would have never believed a system like CAD could run on a OS like that! wow!! so it is entirely possible that the original boxes were cnc'ed!!

any rumors on what wood they used?

seriously i can't believe that! 1995 i had windows 95 and would have never believed a system like CAD could run on a OS like that! wow!! so it is entirely possible that the original boxes were cnc'ed!!

any rumors on what wood they used?

Boxes weren't cnc'd. The outer box was machined (what I guess would mean hand cut with a power saw or such) and the teeth around the inside lid and outside carvings were done by hand. Ik that they said what wood they used but I can't remember.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back