Red Jammer Parts Maps

Big Dog

Seeing Dave's open source project I was inspired to learn about the Y-Wing model and see what I learn about which models were used to make these ANH ships. Here are the maps for Red Jammer, the original Y which never even had screen time. This is a compilation of information largely found far before my time (but most recently shared here) and made possible by those who care for Star Wars and don't mind collaborating and searching for kit answers together!

Port (Left) Side:

mC08HPp.png

XkyqKU4.png

HPBxYF8.png

VLGG8yu.png

zoXWViL.png

jmpam8V.png

Underside:

XJcNyMF.png

gPQUsCA.png

Top:

FGzg9IJ.png

5hkuiBQ.png

tNssvzk.png

fVqz9xJ.png

Starboard (Right) Side:

QY4yYe4.png

jH29bEm.png

iMSR7XA.png

Engines(Rear & Sides):

tn1dXSO.png

NlD4t2N.png

Updates will continue as I have time and more info is learned! I think I may just make a map of the engine assembly just once and then identify the unique pieces present on the engines in their own images, respectively.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! And wow Dave thank you for that ID! I hadn't looked at or heard of that kit before. Ill go check out that kit now!

Edit: Image updated with Dave's ID

Last edited:
Big dog loving how clear and easy to read your reference maps are. Can you clarify how this is different from the other Y parts map for me besides being more clear? I was under the impression that was a parts map for Red Jammer also?

Thanks for the compliments kokkari! These are maps similar to the other ones I and others have made yes, I just wanted them to have their own thread where they can clearly be placed and updated in the first post. That is the only difference :)

On the rear engine

In Scotts thread I said that the part (mystery part 1) under the Panzer III part (mystery part 3) might be from the Nichimo Sd.Kfz.184 'ELEFANT' Tank Destroyer

IMAG0233_zpsm1yvt2ic.jpg

Tamiya 1/35 Panzer III

IMAG0232_zpsbwrxxyam.jpg

Last edited:
On the rear engine

In Scotts thread I said that the part (mystery part 1) under the Panzer III part (mystery part 3) might be from the Nichimo Sd.Kfz.184 'ELEFANT' Tank Destroyer

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j...t round part in the middle of that sprue pic?

I get .492" for the outside diameter and .14" for the height of the circular part. Here it is from the bottom:

elefant.jpg

The overall height (including the tube that extends down from the bottom) is about .391".

in the canopy turret map, don't you mean Airfix Me109 (Bf109E), rather than Tamiya???

You are absolutely right! I must have been making that map late one night and not thinking. Thank you for the fix! I'll fix that right away.

And I'd love to add the Elefant piece as an ID but I was looking at images of the Jammer rear and didn't think it used the same piece. I thought the piece looked like it had rivet looking bumps around its outside rim. But I don't see those in the images I've seen. I'd be happy to be totally wrong though!

You are absolutely right! I must have been making that map late one night and not thinking. Thank you for the fix! I'll fix that right away.

And I'd love to add the Elefant piece as an ID but I was looking at images of the Jammer rear and didn't think it used the same piece. I thought the piece looked like it had rivet looking bumps around its outside rim. But I don't see those in the images I've seen. I'd be happy to be totally wrong though!

The Elefant part looks correct to me, here's the pic of an ILM raw casting used on every Y-Wing, Red Jammer included (I just hope I wont get my pic deleted by the mods once again) :

2_zpsebgr3g8z.jpg

There's no rivets, the only rivets are on the Panzer III M/N part. There's some raised details on the Red Jammer part but can't figure if they are rivets or dust ?

[edit] Just checked my Red Jammer pics, they're definitely not rivets, there're only 2 small raised details which are probably dust, the rest of the flange is smooth.

Last edited:
[edit] Just checked my Red Jammer pics, they're definitely not rivets, there're only 2 small raised details which are probably dust, the rest of the flange is smooth.

Yeah that is what I was looking at on the Jammer and I saw the two spots making me think they were rivet type bumps. But it makes sense that they're paint clumps or something. I will add the Elefant part to the image! Thanks everyone!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back