Red Jammer Parts Maps

Thanks so much for the ID Dave! I have updated that map now with your ID and added all the kit piece images to it as well. It is totally up to date now with what's available.

compare.jpg

And to Flint, this image here is the rear panel casting of the original that Julien posted earlier in this thread, and I think the Jagdtiger panels are the correct ones. They have the dotted marks between the vents in both here, and they just seem trimmed around the lining of the vents is all. Could you point out the trimmed area you mentioned? The grid of the vents seems filed to an angle on the inner side of both, but I believe this is right.

I don't think they have been added on top. The positioning is different. It looks like the original vents have been cut off and plastic has been trimmed away so that the rectangular vents and the round vents are closer together.

You guys are right. It's clearer now with the original cast. If I remember correctly, the rectangular grills on both Nichimo kits are actually thicker. So if you cut them free from the rest of the deck and glue them on a coplanar surface they'll be raised, just as they are.

You guys are right. It's clearer now with the original cast. If I remember correctly, the rectangular grills on both Nichimo kits are actually thicker. So if you cut them free from the rest of the deck and glue them on a coplanar surface they'll be raised, just as they are.

That makes sense. Here's the underside of the Jagdtiger. The vents are 3.0mm thick, as opposed to the 1.6mm of the surrounding plastic.
IMG_6797.JPG

I believe I found the modified strip that goes in front of the R2 unit. It's another Panzer III M/N piece that seems to fit the bill for this. Thoughts?

r2_spot_piece.jpg

I need to start going through more already ID'd kits and see how many more already mentioned pieces I'm missing! I believe this piece is also used on the bottom of the Y too near the large Sealab piece and the length is shortened but it's not trimmed with the curve like the top piece is.

Good addition, Dave. The one on top might be the ABS channel, but I'm pretty sure the panzer III M/N is the bottom one. The reason I say the top one might be ABS is that the proportion seems different enough from that kit part.

Is the Otaki 1/600 Yamato substantively different than the Arii 1/600 Yamato? Does anyone with both kits know the answer to this one? I've been trying to answer it, but haven't yet seen an Otaki 1/600 Yamato.

I have found a piece close to the turret located on top of the fuselage. It seems to me like it would be correct once trimmed. The trapezoidal top of the piece seems to have been flattened and the turret guns shorted, but I think it may be correct. This is from the Hasegawa 1/700 Yorktown II, but would have originally been taken from the Essex or Hancock. Any thoughts?

turret_piece_2.png

Agreed Hammer! I was confused that such a small piece may have been modified. And looking at those Niesen build instructions it is very clear the piece was trimmed. So maybe it's possible there is a piece somewhere that is the correct piece without modification? But the one I've posted is what appears in the Hasegawa variants from my eBay searching of kit images. This piece does not seem to change over the years.

It definitely looks the part. I'd say you nailed it. Nice job!

Edit.

Maybe not. Looking closer, the barrels on the piece you posted have some separation to them that the model doesn't show. Hard to say.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back