Red Jammer Parts Maps

Another closeup on the Jagdtiger:

jagd.jpg

I see it now. Definitely the Jagdtiger. I'm sorry for the confusion last night! I thought I saw something closer in the Tiger II, but the markings in the corners of the circular vents are what make the jagdtiger correct absolutely. I will revise my image back to its old state now! It was tough to see the piece too well in the image from the kit scan section as a shadow was being cast on it mostly. Thanks stonky for that awesome close up, if you don't mind I'll use that as the part example in the map when I revise it!

I have updated the first post image of the rear engine panel now! It has a few new mystery pieces based on seeing that back panel casting on the first page of the thread. The jagdtiger is definitely the donor kit. The image of the rear panel cast and the closeups provided by stonky and vector make it clear. The biggest giveaway to me is the 2 holes in the bottom left of the middle panel, and the 4 tabs that appear at the corners of the round vents on the left and right side of the middle panel.

Hi Stonki.
I have no doubt that the Nichimo is the Absolute one. :)
I just believe that if more options are available to make it look correct even without the perfect donnor, it might interest some people who can not find easily or do not mind if it is the one as long as it looks exactly the same.
It's extra option/knowledge to help around. ;)

The Tamiya Jagdtiger details don't match, the Nichimo is a dead match (IMHO :) ).

Hi Stonki.
I have no doubt that the Nichimo is the Absolute one. :)
I just believe that if more options are available to make it look correct even without the perfect donnor, it might interest some people who can not find easily or do not mind if it is the one as long as it looks exactly the same.
It's extra option/knowledge to help around. ;)

1000% agree, substitute to taste. That said, this thread is about IDing the donor parts which is why I wanted to present the best evidence to that case. Your question was "Are we sure for the brand?", and I believe that in this context the answer is yes, yes we are. :)

Fair enough. :)

1000% agree, substitute to taste. That said, this thread is about IDing the donor parts which is why I wanted to present the best evidence to that case. Your question was "Are we sure for the brand?", and I believe that in this context the answer is yes, yes we are. :)

Big Dog,

Great maps, thanks!

Picture #4, the green mystery "Steering Wheel" looks much like a B-17G steering yoke - thanks to Rats, we now know it is 1/72 scale, and not 1/48.

Attachments

• B-17G_3667.jpg
    B-17G_3667.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:
Big Dog,

On Picture 8, the light-blue coded "AMT Wheel (?)" is the AMT 1/25 Fruehauf Texaco/Shell Tanker Truck, its an inside rim piece.

Wow thank you so much for that ID! I was sure it was an AMT wheel but no clue which. Thanks for the ID! And like Scott asked, would this also be the ID of the one on the fuselage section that surrounds the Mauretania piece?

Actually I was asking about the other Ys above the cockpit, because they seem to look different that red jammer, from what I can tell.

Good question about the rear one. What I used for the rear ring is a part of road wheel from the bandai 1/15 hummel/type 4 tanks. Same wheels in each. I found that the size was just right if I cut off a ring on the back of the road wheel.

Big Dog,

Great maps, thanks!

Picture #4, the green mystery "Steering Wheel" looks very much like the Monogram 1/48 B-17GView attachment 659978 steering yoke - or the Revell 1/48 B-17F steering yoke, essentially the same part. Both kits hit the market in 1975, so it's a "high-likelihood" donor, I think. On the sprue pictured here, it is on the far left side, about midway up the sprue, and there are two of them per kit.

1/48 is to big. 1/72 is the correct scale. I have sized it from the Red Jammer resin kit I have at home. I thought 1/48 at first myself.....

Could it be the Airfix 1/72 B-29 then? That's a popular kit and it looks about the same.

Could it be the Airfix 1/72 B-29 then? That's a popular kit and it looks about the same.​

Yes, the B-17 yoke and B-29 yokes were for all intents and purposes, the same: a half-moon below the horizon line, with three spokes at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock. So either a model B-17 or a model B-29 in 1/72 will provide a reasonable facsimile of the 'original' part used on the Y-Wing.​

- - - Updated - - -

1/48 is to big. 1/72 is the correct scale. I have sized it from the Red Jammer resin kit I have at home. I thought 1/48 at first myself.....

You are correct -- thanks for the correction! I edited my original post to reflect your measurements, thanks.

I don't believe the Airfix 1-72 B29 is correct. Looking at it, the half circle rises a bit too much past the crossbar to me. I believe the correct kit will also provide the light blue unknown piece in the Port Side Lower Neck image. They should both be 1-72 scale and the B29 doesn't have that piece either.

Wow, great! Thanks for sharing that. Would that be the same piece for the rest of the Ys too?

I don't actually know the answer to that question. See the attached photos for comparison the Ray Perez resin-molded Y with his rim compared to mine, which looks to be about 1mm smaller in diameter, but which "fits" the actual Tamiya Panzerspahwagen 8rad piece better as the mount for the upper turret guns. So this is Part #30 on the AMT 1/25 Fruehauf Shell Tanker truck, which is in re-issue at the moment and all over the hobby shops. As you can see from the second pic, its an inner wheel rim piece, with a wider middle section than the two outer sections -- I've cut off the lower outer section, and it matches in height the Ray Perez resin molded identical piece. It also, to my eye, both fits the original 8rad piece better as the gun mount, and also looks better on top of the canopy because it takes up slightly less real estate. For the other question, no, I don't think it is the same rim used for the rear of the Y-Wing, and using DaveG's measurements/body fuselage you can see that in order to get the narrower outer section of that rim inserted into the rear hole, I have to split the body open by a few mm. So I'm pretty sure that was a different rim from a different vehicle, and I don't have that information yet -- if any of you do, please share. The very last picture is the Fruehauf rim directly on top of the resin-molded rim by Ray Perez and you see that the Fruehauf is about 1mm less in total diameter all the way around. The outer diameter of the Fruehauf tanker upper/outer rim is 2cm.

IMGP8717.jpg
View attachment 660153
View attachment 660148View attachment 660147View attachment 660149View attachment 660150View attachment 660151View attachment 660152

Also, someone more computer savvy than me, please tell me what I'm doing wrong in posting pictures -- on my "Edit" screen all eight images are up and live, but once I hit save/post they all become "links" and they all become "Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" -- please help my computer illiteracy to fix this. Thanks!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back