"Stranger Things"

Scadge I just got some radios and I wanna do the sound adafruit conversion. Do you have a schematic? Any information would help alot. What components do I need to buy?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Check your DMs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so pissed i got my adafruit sound board and when i plug it into my pc it doesnt recognize? Have any of you guys had that problem? what should i do?

I'm so pissed i got my adafruit sound board and when i plug it into my pc it doesnt recognize? Have any of you guys had that problem? what should i do?

Yea, make sure you are using the right kind of USB sometimes I grab one of charging only cords and not ones that transmit data/charge. I know I spent half an hour once with a micro usb cable that only supported charging and I almost threw away two of my new soundboards.

Yea, make sure you are using the right kind of USB sometimes I grab one of charging only cords and not ones that transmit data/charge. I know I spent half an hour once with a micro usb cable that only supported charging and I almost threw away two of my new soundboards.

you are a genius lol that was it man I just dumped the audio files.

if i want to hook up the sounds playing at random how do i name the files and where do i connect the momentary switch

Ok I have my sound files on correctly and everything wired up outside the radio just to test and I'm getting no sound when I hit the switch. Do you see anything wrong? 20171119_212859.jpg

You're using pin 0, so the file(s) need to be named accordingly for that pin. Also, it mentions that wires should be soldered, not just wound around.

Other than that, it seems okay.

A really big shout out to scadge for guiding me through literally everything. I wouldn't have done it without you man much appreciated :)

The sound board does have really good quality. What ended up being the problem when you said you were getting no sound ?
The sound files werent properly written. I tried a random sequence and itbdodnt work so i went with scadges original named sound files.

The sound files werent properly written. I tried a random sequence and itbdodnt work so i went with scadges original named sound files.

Okay. Sounds good. I have one of these boards, just wanted to not run into the same problem. :)

Oh man, if you guys are updating to Stranger Things Season 2, you have to get the Erica sound bite. "I've got a code for you, is CODE SHUT.. YOUR.. MOUTH"

I've updated my audio clips to have three new sounds, All of them are from the scene Dustin is trying to reach out for the "Code Red" ive done my best to remove any music from the background, As previously mentioned the "Code Shut Your Mouth" Clip just didn't sound right in context to use so i didn't include it. .

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back