"Stranger Things"

Re: " Stranger Things"

I did not I thought about it but I have another one, so I may do it on it if I concert the working one I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job!!!..Quick question,did you put a LED?..I am making another one and i put one,last time i forgot to turn my off..but man..that looks clean!
If adafruit ever starts making the sound board with amp built in again,(of i can purchase one somewhere) I may covert my other one. Having two boards was a pain and took up room,although by using the existing battery compartment i saved some space. I've uploaded another video showing all 6 trigger sounds.This was a fun build.

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 658664
Its Crunch time...Last step is to cram it all inside the shell and hopefully everything fits.
I figured I'd upload the sound files and share them with anyone who needs them. these are ripped from Netflix through direct recording through the sound card on my PC. All the files are ogg vorbis.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxDOS0fGtzgWMEZNMVoxZTF3VFk

T00NEXT1: Radio Static (Eleven Searches for Will & Debbie)

T00NEXT2: Will Sings (Eleven Finds Will)

T00NEXT3: Mike calls for Will

T00NEXT4: Will Describes the "Upside Down"

T00NEXT5: Mike Calls Lucas

T00NEXT6: Stranger Things Theme
I love the clips,a quick note,I use the random files since it gives you a bit of a remix,but if someone is having trouble with the files,I named them "T01RAND0"(no quotation marks) up to RAND6 and that did the trick,I mean I started with "0" as it seems I was having trouble when it started with "1" and T1 was the channel I used

Last edited by a moderator:

I love the clips,a quick note,I use the random files since it gives you a bit of a remix,but if someone is having trouble with the files,I named them "T01RAND0"(no quotation marks) up to RAND6 and that did the trick,I mean I started with "0" as it seems I was having trouble when it started with "1".

Yea the sound board naming system works depending on what trigger you connected your switch to. I had mine connected to switch 0.

Just a small update,
Since adafruit has has discontinued the sfx soundboard with built in stereo amp, I had to settle for their separately sold amp. After fiddling around I finally got it wired up the way I like it. I was able to use the existing battery compartment of the walker talkie to use for my project, this also helped save space within the radio for the extra board. I did not want to have to open it up ever time to change out batteries. My next step will be to build out the empty shell with brackets and what not to hold the components. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/8c91748e2309839c4384da34b9b7eebe.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/081c1ea721a5669f8eb27ca8c5000fb5.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/135bb691aa9106f441671db4e72a70f4.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/5a560279174c912011ac6b433f8e20dc.jpg
Hello..Quick question..did you use the same power supply for the sound board and amp,or you used separate ones(divided the original walkie battery compartment).A friend is doing his without the built i amp and asked me..I told him to used a separate power supplies with diodes..Not sure if one power supply with 4.5 volt will last or power up good enough..thanks!

Hello..Quick question..did you use the same power supply for the sound board and amp,or you used separate ones(divided the original walkie battery compartment).A friend is doing his without the built i amp and asked me..I told him to used a separate power supplies with diodes..Not sure if one power supply with 4.5 volt will last or power up good enough..thanks!

I'm using one power supply the original battery compartment, the last photo shows how I shared the power supply, I was able to get it to work with two but I knew I did not have the space for both packs. I have two wires going into the VIN pin on the soundboard one coming from the power "In" from the amp board, I was only able to do this because I am using the 3.5 audio jack and I could share a "ground" with both boards.

I'm using one power supply the original battery compartment, the last photo shows how I shared the power supply, I was able to get it to work with two but I knew I did not have the space for both packs. I have two wires going into the VIN pin on the soundboard one coming from the power "In" from the amp board, I was only able to do this because I am using the 3.5 audio jack and I could share a "ground" with both boards.
Cool..Im getting his board,I think i will divide the walkie battery compartments as to each get his power supply..His board doesn't have the audio jack..Quick note..I just bought a greeting sound module..It has a 4meg memory and supports many formats with one trigger button and i think it also allows 10 30 sec clips..I will check it out and see how loud it is,if it works out it might be a good alternative..I paid $11 dollars with shipping.

" Stranger Things"

Cool..Im getting his board,I think i will divide the walkie battery compartments as to each get his power supply..His board doesn't have the audio jack..Quick note..I just bought a greeting sound module..It has a 4meg memory and supports many formats with one trigger button and i think it also allows 10 30 sec clips..I will check it out and see how loud it is,if it works out it might be a good alternative..I paid $11 dollars with shipping.

Let me know I foresee myself adding sound to many more props in my future, a simpler option would be great. Also I didn't think about using the different rows of batterie for the different power supplies, I just re-soldered one row to use.

Let me know I foresee myself adding sound to many more props in my future, a simpler option would be great. Also I didn't think about using the different rows of batterie for the different power supplies, I just re-soldered one row to use.
Here is a picture with the new adafruit ,amp and battery holder.I havent made it all neat but I just wanted to show it fits,a little crowded but it works..I am also attaching the new walkie I just made with a working LED,theme song courtesy of my man Scadge..
https://youtu.be/OHm_ygFQ01EIMG_9009.JPG

Here is a better picture if anybody buys the amp and soundboard..I installed the amp close to the speaker and soundboard in the middle,I used their battery holder for both(amp and soundboard)and it will last for a while with good batteries...You have ample space if you arrange everything.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
A quick note, seeing as this thread is bound to come back alive due to season 2 being out. Adafruit has fixed their 2Mb and 16mb soundcard with built in amp. Makes projects like these a hell of a lot easier, I️ myself just used one to make the “leak footage” radio from deadpool.
https://www.adafruit.com/product/2210

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scadge I just got some radios and I wanna do the sound adafruit conversion. Do you have a schematic? Any information would help alot. What components do I need to buy?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back