Received PropShop Helmet Today! (Pics to follow)

TheDentedOne

As the title says I came home from work and there it was that big box at the front door. I carefully opened it. It was pretty cool opening the wooden box. Inside was the helmet in another box. I slid it out carefully thank goodness because it was loaded in the wooden crate upside down!! Luckily all the pieces stayed in place.

I took the helmet out and kinda looked it over. I had studied the one Adam Savage got quite a few times. It is almost exactly like his. Even the "splatter" spots on the front. I guess they know what they are doing but that just seems kinda weird to me. Love the size of the helmet also.

All in all I am happy with my purchase as it will be a great display piece. I'll post a few pics later but I'm sure they ones out there are much better quality than what I can produce. Just wanted to let everyone know they started to ship. I got no notification email it was being shipped so it was a huge surprise.

Last edited:
So from announcement of production, to ordering, to receiving... Propshop has already destroyed the record of fulfillment by Anovos and eFX! \

Well played, Disney!

Not a very good comparison considering the production methods/materials and the huge price differences. Not saying the two named above have performed admirably, but I'll take their price point and quality over this.

How are they not a good comparison? They both produce a premium Kylo helmet. Does anovos have many more products to supply? Sure they do. But surely you aren't saying the "quality" of anovos is largely if at all better than PropShop?? If that's what anovos claims takes so long they are out of their minds. I also have the anovos premium on order and am excited to get it also because I like the price and what the prototype looks like but PropShop straight up tells you 16 weeks to produce this helmet. I ordered June 3rd so you do the math. I realize the price is high but it's a high end collectible. I just don't understand what takes anovos so long to get stuff started shipping out

Just a few quick photos. Sorry for the quality of them wasn't going for professional ;)

http://s84.photobucket.com/user/camblin82/media/Mobile Uploads/image_10.jpeg.html?filters[user]=24961215&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

http://s84.photobucket.com/user/camblin82/library/Mobile Uploads?page=1&sort=1

So cool!

So is there a lip around the back shell or is it like Vader's back of the dome? It was hard to see from the inside helmet pic. Some great reference pix for painting!

How are they not a good comparison? They both produce a premium Kylo helmet. Does anovos have many more products to supply? Sure they do. But surely you aren't saying the "quality" of anovos is largely if at all better than PropShop?? If that's what anovos claims takes so long they are out of their minds. I also have the anovos premium on order and am excited to get it also because I like the price and what the prototype looks like but PropShop straight up tells you 16 weeks to produce this helmet. I ordered June 3rd so you do the math. I realize the price is high but it's a high end collectible. I just don't understand what takes anovos so long to get stuff started shipping out
Anovos and efx don't produce products one at a time when they are ordered. They mass produce their products. Propshop is using a totally different model and the prices reflect that.

I would be impressed if they could produce high quality licensed products in a short time frame at a price closer to Anovos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Very nice! Looking forward to seeing photos of more replicas once collectors start getting them. Hoping to swing one of the lightsabers towards the end of the year.

Helmet looks great! But I wonder how much that shipping crate adds to the over all price? And is it just for looks or does it really help protect what's inside.

Well to the US it was an extra 200 bucks if I remember correctly. Kind high in my opinion. The box is just for cool factor. It's pretty flimsy wood but it's packed inside another cardboard box so it doesn't arrive at your doorstep like that. The board box you see in the pics is inside another box when it arrives

Edit: looked at receipt actual shipping to me was $347.97

Last edited:
Yeah when it got to the final page of my order and I saw that shipping cost it was really hard for me not to hit the cancel order button. I know it's coming from over seas but it's still a lot of money for shipping

Yeah, I had a modified Black Series helmet shipped from the UK to Illinois for $37. It wasn't in a crate, but it came in a well packaged cardboard box and arrived in perfect condition. :cool

Still better than any international shipping fees from EFX. I believe the cost for a helmet to my part of the world is up in the 6-700 dollar mark and there is no cool wooden crate to be had. Sending stuff to the States is cheap... getting stuff FROM the States is insane. A few weeks back I was quoted $1200 just to post a set of stormtrooper armour. Another quote just for a helmet was $620 (FedEx).. no way. I'm bewildered by the costs these days.

hi , i was wondering if you could put a couple of pics up, of the kylo face plate with some measurements, tape measure next to it , im trying to scratch build the helmet ,
, the photobucket link doesnt work. thanks

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back