The Star Wars (1955)

This is awesome, great to see you back on this Stinson

For the R2,...theres Forbidden Planet,....but also a wee bit of Dr Who??

J

Like the destroyer...I think some kind of funky form is missing from the top...but not to worry, you'll have a sphere at the bottom that will complete the look;)

Capture.PNG

capture2.PNG

I love this thread. Fleshed out, that would be a great kit line. I think the hull depth needs to be a bit deeper for the star destroyer, though, more closely matching the fore to aft incline. ;)

Love the Streamline look of the 30's and 50's! You nailed it and if I had enough funds, I would do a short with just those kind of designs.

Very clever work mate! Super nice!

I could see a Gonk droid looking the part in this with typical 1950's robot spinning hoop antennas on the top... :)

Steve, I love the idea! when designing the blasters, I strongly recommend this as a starting point, it was made by "the DOCTOR" here on RPF and IMHO is hands down the retro ray gun I have ever seen.
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/the_DOCTOR/library/SV gun?sort=3&page=1

Besides, there has been steampunk star wars, Victorian star wars, samurai star wars. We are way past overdue for some late Art Deco/ 1950s retro/ borderline Bauhaus style star wars. Bring on the chrome....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a great idea. I'm not a Star Wars fan (I know, don't burn me at the stake.) but I am a huge Atomic Age fan. This could even turn me into a Star Wars fan. Haha. Looking forward to more.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back