The Star Wars (1955)

I dunno, I think all of the examples (except for the Dymaxion) are just too "cool". I'm thinking more along the lines of Cantwell's prototypes. Kind of brutalist, simple, boiled down.

cx-01.png

cantwell tie trio.png

When I think of the 50's and Star Wars the Naboo starfighter immediately pops into mind. It may be interesting to add some of the elements from it to your "X-Wing" to see if doesn't give it a 50's sci-fi appeal. This is a really neat idea, btw. I love your creativity. :)
N1_fighter.jpg

I was shocked enough to see Steve Starkiller not only besting everyone there regarding Sketchup photogrammetry reconstruction of existing Star Wars models, but now he´s venturing into the field of individual star wars inspired designs.

Aw crud re: girlfriend-quote. There it goes, the shining example of life and nerdiness being able to peacefully co-exist. BUt how does that old saying go? "Girls come and go, but 3D modeling stays for good" or something to the likes ...

But I am pretty sure that tons of fangirls are now starting to flood your message inbox ... because of the awesome fifties designs, that is ...

Well, the Flash Gordon look is on: riding boots, lines along the seam of the pants, holster (not the cavalry type Flash was using...oh well). Good job Steve, good job!

but anyway, yeah I figured those plastic rain barrels in the ANH falcon interior wouldn't have been around in the 50s, but I had a hard time researching it. Seems like nobody gives two figs about the history of rain barrels... oh well. ......
Steve, it just occurred to me about the plastic barrels. Those are actually foodstuff containers (well, that is a common use for them.) They make great rain barrels though - I have two in the back yard!

R/ Robert

Of all your incredibly creative output over the last few years, 1955 Star Wars may be my favorite. I know it would be a ton of work, but it would be really fun to see even a short scene made using these designs, complete with era appropriate music and sound effects.

thanks! Yeah, given infinite time and money, I would do a short film. At the moment, I'm thinking of using the design to make a mini-comic recreating a few scenes from A New Hope... we'll see where that goes, but at the moment I'm just having fun.

OMG! Your vision of Star Wars 50's style is blowing my mind. I really hope you do make a mini-comic I would love to see/read that.

50s Artoo is just fantastic.
I think he would fit just fine in the real canon, I can see him hanging with the "newer" units on bespin [emoji4] telling them all about the old days.... before the empire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back