ROGUE ONE - Jyn Erso "Imperial Ground Crew" disguise

I had some fun today. Jyn have a compad on the arm, so I've tried to make one from scratch foam, inspired by the hasbro figure. It will be replace in the futur, but for now that will do :D From what I've seen, the compad is silver.

DSC09329.JPGDSC09362.JPGDSC09370.JPG

Last edited:
good point!

Most of people that I know don't want to make runs yet, because there is not good visual of this costume out there. We don't really know the details of the chestplate/backplate. Maybe there will be runs, but after the release of the movie I think :)

I've worked on the kneepad.

DSC09234.JPG

I cut an ovale shape into EVA foam (1.2cm), but I think it's too thick because I can't move my leg properly. I'm gonna sand it on the inside (with a dremel) and remove half of the foam.
DSC09210.JPGDSC09218.JPG

I haven't found yet a proper elastic band to attach it to the leg that look like the accurate. The closest I've found is ski band, but it's too short and too wide :
DSC09204.JPG

Last edited:
This is an update of my costume. I've made this since last weeks. Everything is almost finish, except for the chestplate and sticks. I still need to install the light in it and fix eveything together. (It is cut in 3 parts for now).

DSC09684.JPGDSC09709.JPGDSC09732.JPGDSC09609.JPG

This is an update of my costume. I've made this since last weeks. Everything is almost finish, except for the chestplate and sticks. I still need to install the light in it and fix eveything together. (It is cut in 3 parts for now).

View attachment 686813View attachment 686814View attachment 686815View attachment 686824

Looks amazing! Did you buy the buckles or make them? I need them to finish the boots and the one on Etsy won't arrive in time.[emoji29]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks amazing! Did you buy the buckles or make them? I need them to finish the boots and the one on Etsy won't arrive in time.[emoji29]

I bought them on ETSY :unsure https://www.etsy.com/fr/listing/475544692/clips-de-botte-chaussure-jyn-prop-kit?ref=shop_home_active_1 they are great, except that the small rectangular part is really fragile and it can break. One of mine did on the shoes, because I put on it too much pressure with my hand. I fixed it with super glue.

I hope you'll find something. You live in USA ?

Last edited:
I bought them on ETSY :unsure https://www.etsy.com/fr/listing/475544692/clips-de-botte-chaussure-jyn-prop-kit?ref=shop_home_active_1 they are great, except that the small rectangular part is really fragile and it can break. One of mine did on the shoes, because I put on it too much pressure with my hand. I fixed it with super glue.

I hope you'll find something. You live in USA ?

I actually had a friend create a 3D print file and someone else is printing it for me today. I lucked out. Hoping to attach everything and have the boots done before the end of next week.
With that being said, if anyone is looking for a 3-D buckle file, my friend says he will sell it for $10. If anyone is interested, PM me. [emoji4]

I actually had a friend create a 3D print file and someone else is printing it for me today. I lucked out. Hoping to attach everything and have the boots done before the end of next week.
With that being said, if anyone is looking for a 3-D buckle file, my friend says he will sell it for $10. If anyone is interested, PM me. [emoji4]

Ok great :)

My costume look like this for now. Stil working on the armor.

hgd.jpg

I've been following this thread, and I have found it to be very helpful. I constructed this costume for my 14-year old daughter. I'm a 501st/Rebel Legion member, and she enjoys trooping with me. As we all know, there has been very little reference material available for this costume. When I started this project a couple months ago, I was making the assumption that Jyn's Imperial disguise was a TIE pilot costume. So, I went out and purchased a low-end set of TIE pilot chest/back armor, with the hopes of modifying it. Since then, we have learned that this disguise is actually an Imperial ground crew member. I've gone ahead and assembled what I'm calling version 1.0 of my daughter's costume. The chest and back armor is far from being screen accurate, but I think it captures the overall look. She wore it at the Cincinnati Comic Expo last weekend, and we received a lot of positive feedback. I consider myself a novice costume maker. Prior to reading this thread, I would not have considered attempting to construct the armor from scratch. However, I've been really inspired by what catmew has accomplished with EVA foam. Time to start watching the YouTube tutorials. :)

There is still a lot of details that we do not know about this costume, so I think I'm going to hold off, before attempting a custom build for the armor. I'm hoping we will see more of it in the coming trailers. Or, I suppose I can wait until after the movie release. One thing that I will note, I do not want to be influenced too strongly by the 3.5 inch action figure. For example, from the four screen shots from the movie (posted above), it appears that the back piece that holds the light batons has an open configuration, as opposed to deep channels for the batons to fit into. I personally think that the deep channels were purposely added for the action figure, so that the batons can snap into place. I constructed the baton holder back piece from Sintra PVC board. I used a heat gun to curve the edges of the "V," It's anyone's guess, if this is accurate, but it is my interpretation of what I see in the screen shots. I used industrial Velcro to the hold the batons in place. Anyway, here are photos from our convention...

View attachment 667950View attachment 667951View attachment 667952View attachment 667953

I have a question about this amazing costume ! How did you attached the sticks in the back ? I'm trying to find an idea that might work (as I don't want loosing my prop, but at the same time, I want to be able to grab it). I was considering about magnet.

I have a question about this amazing costume ! How did you attached the sticks in the back ? I'm trying to find an idea that might work (as I don't want loosing my prop, but at the same time, I want to be able to grab it). I was considering about magnet.

Hi Kendra. I used industrial Velcro. The PVC pipes that I used to make the batons made them pretty heavy, so I wanted to make sure that they stay secure. It is not very convenient to deploy them (someone has to assist with that), but they stay in place pretty good.

Hi Kendra. I used industrial Velcro. The PVC pipes that I used to make the batons made them pretty heavy, so I wanted to make sure that they stay secure. It is not very convenient to deploy them (someone has to assist with that), but they stay in place pretty good.

Thank you ! :D

Yes, I was very aware of that. Mine are heavy too(more than 300g), and fragile. I used plexiglas for the bottom part and when it fell one time... it shattered in pieces. I think I'm gonna use velcro too. I will go to a french premiere the 14th dec... can't risk to break it at that moment. :wacko

There's a replica costume on display at Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney's Hollywood Studios (skip to 6:09):

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back