New alternative for Solo Blaster

Fits Todd's holster perfectly.

EE75ACAD-926F-4D7F-B8CD-F9653FDCC56A_zpsfj7d3ldm.jpg

3BFB28F4-FBE5-4E65-AA04-94D44DF2C767_zpsbom5uhde.jpg
and check this out!

and in slow motion (sounds crazy!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fits Todd's holster perfectly.

Uh. I might just have to get one of those. And maybe a more accurate grill.

I really like all the distress jobs you guys have done, even a quick sanding makes the gun look great. And the different looks all represent the blaster at different states of its life.

I finally got the wood grips distresses. Banged them around with a metal bar, sanded them with a semi fine grain. The I rubbed some vallejo smokey ink on and wiped them with a paper towel.

eaec9bb24e425d47866d4be245fb6557.jpg
da53b43747e28bd27d3e5ccd9dbf8bf3.jpg

Nice!

Is anyone making a new grill for this particular model? I know there are ones out there for other replicas, but what about the AW replica?

I picked up a spare grill from DEC that I want to install. Anyone have any tips on a non-destructive way to remove the factory plastic grill? I don't want to break anything if I don't have to.

I picked up a spare grill from DEC that I want to install. Anyone have any tips on a non-destructive way to remove the factory plastic grill? I don't want to break anything if I don't have to.

It's not glued on - just pop it off by lifting one side from the back with your fingernails. There are retention tabs on the inside that snap into a groove on the airsoft body.

It's not glued on - just pop it off by lifting one side from the back with your fingernails. There are retention tabs on the inside that snap into a groove on the airsoft body.

Or an easier way is to remove the magazine, and put a slandered screwdriver in the slot the grill fits into, and push it out. It's a lot easier.

Where can I get a better grill. Checked Todds, the grill is about $9 but the cheapest shipping to Denmark is $44. That's just crazy. And DEC don't sell grills unless it's part of a kit.

Where can I get a better grill. Checked Todds, the grill is about $9 but the cheapest shipping to Denmark is $44. That's just crazy. And DEC don't sell grills unless it's part of a kit.

Reade Models still sells the original plastic model parts cast from the original molds, just like they used on the actual on-screen props. They're based in the UK so shipping should be a lot more reasonable for you.

If you want metal ones, however, DEC does sell the grills separately, but only during runs.

I just got mine from Evike last night and it is pretty sweet. What is the small metal part that came in the little baggie with the lanyard ring? It has an arrow stamped in it but I can't figure out what it goes to.

I just got mine from Evike last night and it is pretty sweet. What is the small metal part that came in the little baggie with the lanyard ring? It has an arrow stamped in it but I can't figure out what it goes to.

It's for blank firing the gun. You place it in the side of the mag, pull the ball elevator down and place the small metal part in the groove just above the ball elevator.
Not sure this makes sense [emoji51]

Gotcha, I wondered how to dry fire it without the mag in. I'll try it today after work. Thanks for the info!

Welp, I bit the bullet (so to speak) and completely disassembled mine. Actually, I stripped and put it back together a couple of times to make sure I could put it back in working order. I'm not planning to fire it, but the working slide makes such a satisfying sound.

Now that Halloween's past, I want to go from the quick weathering job I did on the factory paint to a proper blued and weathered finish. Here's the parts as they are today.

View attachment 680713

One thing I can't figure out is how to remove the knob from the scope. The two screws on top seem to have absolutely nothing to do with holding it on. They seem to be cosmetic.

How do you get the action out of the upper receiver? I can get the upper and lower apart but can't seem to get the bolt, etc to release from the barrel / upper assembly.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back