New alternative for Solo Blaster

Anyone who has bought this replica do not buy a stand from TS Hobbies. They do not fit! As a matter of fact I have two
different Mauser replicas and they don't fit either. I sent a message to them to ask if the stands are intended for a specific
brand/maker of Mauser. If it is I sure wish that was in the description.

I can tell you that the stand fits nicely on a Denix conversion. At least, I'm pretty sure the stand came from TS Hobbies. (it's second hand)

Airsoft bases tend to be all over the place, though, so I can see why that would be more of a crapshoot.

7d766d99b647bf04798eb08d67e85441.jpg
The silver version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I added wood grips and got the heat sink parts from Todd's Costume and first time ever tried to making the heat sink for the blaster. The heat sink came out OK, I might order more of the heatsink parts and try it again. Also added the little greeblies to the top of the blaster.

IMG_0412_zpsnare1zdg.jpg IMG_0410_zpsmaneno7j.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone considered cutting the sight adjustment in two to be closer to the real deal. It's way too tall so it would work?

I see that thecustomesabershop is selling wooden Mauser grips now. I wonder if they would work for this.

EDIT: looks like they're selling entire Mauser replicas, so nevermind :wacko

Looks real nice Number 6

Where did you get the wood grips from? Any mods to make them fit?

I picked up the grips from a seller on ebay a few years ago. I was going to fit them to my Marushin plug fire M712 but never got around to it. I did have to carve about a 1/16 -1/8 of an inch off the edge of the protrusion on the back of the grips to fit them into the metal frame on the handle of the gun. Only took about a half hour to fit them.

One problem with fitting a new Heat Sink is Armour Works cut two slots into the sides of the magazine that ribs on the back of their heat sink snaps into. So the slots are visible behind the ribs of my new Heat Sink,

So I got one of these off ebay since I needed one for Halloween, but it looks like I paid a lot more for it (though less than what the guy was originally asking). I actually had an order with Todd's Costumes for the completed DL44 but they kept pushing delivery time back, so when I got this I was very happy with it and liked the Force Awakens style. and decided to cancel my order with Todd's. This does fit perfectly into the ANH holster I got from Todd's.

Like many, I think the only major thing that jumped out at me was the front grill.

I did buy some wooden mauser grips off ebay as well, but they didn't fit, so I had to do a lot of cutting, trimming and sanding and now they fit well but not quite perfectly. The funny thing is, I was at Disney's Hollywood studios in Orlando this weekend and saw the prop they have in the Launch Bay there, and it very clearly still has on the plastic simulated wood grips which I thought was ironic after all the trouble I went through.

Eventually I may weather it and do some improvements, but I like the style at the moment and don't really want to take of the selector switch as its kind of a fun toy as well and the minor screen accuracy difference it worth the sacrifice.

I've found a few wood grips on eBay, but they look off to me. How many lines are supposed to be cut into the grip?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, contacted Dark Energy Creations to try to get the metal grill separately since that was the one major problem I had, and they were nice enough to put up a new separate product order for one if anyone wants one:

http://darkenergycreations.com/grillsettfa.aspx

The Evike Mauser is wider than a Denix, so his grill might not fit.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back