New alternative for Solo Blaster

I Just received mine and it is all metal.
Very good looking piece. Only problem is the scope adjustment knob is too thick.
Which with a little ingenuity could be fixed.
I Love It.
Chris

Can anyone measure the scope? Im wondering if it could be swapped with the DEC one, to have one with crosshairs.

I got mine today and I am really impressed! It puts a lot of weight into your hands, and it looks marvellous! I'll exchange the plastic grips for wooden ones and put a bit of patina on it, that will do...

When you say the mag will not drop, do you mean it cannot be removed? Is this no longer a functional airsoft?

The mag Drops easily on mine (I really think the front screw of the scope mount transfer bar was fastened too tight on freshmattyp's blaster so it sticks into the magwell and prevents the mag from coming out). It is a fully functional gas blowback airsoft that cycles with every shot. I have but tried one magazine load and it works perfectly.

How is the propellant stored in this gun, is the short mag a gas chamber ?

The mag contains up to ten 6mm BBs and the propelling gas.

Im wondering if it could be swapped with the DEC one, to have one with crosshairs.

the scope seems to have the correct measurements of a Hensoldt ZielDialyt 3x, but being at work I cannot take exact measurements now. I guess it should be exchangeable for a DEC scope. It has no Hensoldt markings, though, and the adjustment knob is a bit too high.

Why, do the crosshairs actually work?

The scope is see-through, albeit without magnification. The crosshairs are the German "Absehen 8" style. instead of lenses, there are flat clear plastic sheets at each end of the tube.

Photos. This only disappointment is that the magazine will not drop, but since it's really just for looking cool that doesn't bother me. For the money, I don't think it can be beat.

I actually ran into this on mine - not sure what caused it but I think after some dry firing the "firing pin" was stuck extended into the magazine valve area, which prevented the magazine from dropping. Definitely wasn't the scope bracket or any other external part intruding into the mag well as I removed all of those pieces.

I fixed it by lifting the takedown latch (on the rear below the hammer) and pulling the inner frame (this may not be the right term but it's the assembly that includes the safety and hammer) backwards a quarter of an inch. That was enough to let the magazine fall free, and I just slid the guts back into place until the latch clicked.

Does anyone recognize the extra piece in the bag with the lanyard ring? No clue what it's for.

I actually ran into this on mine - not sure what caused it but I think after some dry firing the "firing pin" was stuck extended into the magazine valve area, which prevented the magazine from dropping. Definitely wasn't the scope bracket or any other external part intruding into the mag well as I removed all of those pieces.

I fixed it by lifting the takedown latch (on the rear below the hammer) and pulling the inner frame (this may not be the right term but it's the assembly that includes the safety and hammer) backwards a quarter of an inch. That was enough to let the magazine fall free, and I just slid the guts back into place until the latch clicked.

Does anyone recognize the extra piece in the bag with the lanyard ring? No clue what it's for.

The takedown latch on mine wasn't fully engaged, too, which in my case prevented the trigger to release the ****** hammer. With the takedown latch correctly locked, the pistol works fine.
I have no clue what the extra piece is for, too. I tried to download the gun reference manual from the manufacturer's homepage (www.armorerworks.com) as advertiseded in the box, but the registration obviously didn't work. I contacted them two days ago via their homepage, but haven't received an answer yet.

Last edited:

That did the trick. I have no idea what that extra bit is for.

Figured out what the extra bit is for! I messaged the company and they said the part was meant to allow the airsoft to function without using BBs, though they weren't clear how. Fiddled with it a bit and it looks like it pretty much just prevents the bolt from locking open when out of BBs:

29813748441_0e5bbd0fba_c.jpg

So, it's an easy conversion from BB gun to "hero" prop. Good for fan films and the like :)

Re: WE Tech DL44

I did not think they were the same maker but I can see that they are. Well at least I saved a little money and am getting it from America not china so I'll get it faster.

I just bought one from Evike. I'm looking forward to getting it in the post. So to make it more accurate I can see the flask hider will need to be
lightly silvered, and the heat sink will need to be replaced. Maybe the grips too. Any thoughts on making it more screen accurate?

Last edited:
I'll have to think about that. ANH is more difficult because the base gun is so different. TFA much easier because they used a M712 base....

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back