New alternative for Solo Blaster

Just found this thread and it's been very helpful. I just ordered one of these from Evike with a free 3 day shipping code. I'm putting together a Han Solo ANH costume and plan to covert it with electronic sound and light. I don't care too much about the airsoft functionality all that much. I just want it to go PEW,PEW, PEW! Although, it would be cool if it could do both, but I don't know if that's really possible.

Anybody tried converting one of these to electronic? I suppose it's similar to converting a full metal Denix version, huh?
Be weary: the 3 day ship code can take almost 5 days. Mine did.

Thought my gun was coming today, got a small envelope with a flash hider in it. Bought from KYairsoft. hoping another package is coming. Just sent them a message, I'll see what they say.

Yes, they ship in two separate batches to avoid customs issues with the "gun" part, so it's not obviously modifiable into something that lacks the orange tip. (the first thing we modify, of course, LOL)

Nevermind. I tried to pull out the rest of the plug. Of course, it broke off, as well. So, there is still a broken orange ring inside the barrel. But it's better.

I also had a hell of a time getting the scope mount screws into the holes in the body. I finally got them to bite, but geez!

I tried pulling the plug with the pliers but it just broke off the front part, so the rest of the plug is still stuck. I placed the barrel as far back as it would go and it seems like it's good. How do you know it's all the way back, though?
Idk. I had a similar problem with mine. I used sandpaper to even it and a Sharpie to color it in.

After looking at what's out there for DL-44's, my budget, the amount of work needed to build/correct/work on, I've decided to bite the bullet and order the AW airsoft DL-44 from Evike. I considered the DoopyDoo kit, but it lacks moving features. I considered the 3D printed version from Master Blaster but that requires a ton of clean up and sanding. If he sold a "cleaned" version for a few bucks more it may have swayed me. So, I'm going with the AW. Its all metal for the most part, plus it's airsoft, which I love. Order going in this morning.

Edit- ordered.....

Last edited:
Does anyone yet know of a replacement grill for the AW as it appears to be too short.

Attachments

• awcus-64312-aux1.jpg
    awcus-64312-aux1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 198
  • DL44_dice_image.png
    DL44_dice_image.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 153
Um, your link took me to a Vigilink Shopping site...

I assume its this one? I sent the seller a message asking specifically if it would fit the AW DL-44. I'll repost when I get an answer.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Does anyone yet know of a replacement grill for the AW as it appears to be too short.

I designed one for the m712 but not sure if it's the same size airsoft as this one. I would imagine it has to be but [emoji848]

It's designed after TFA thought which might not be what u are looking for. Just thought I would share the info if interest.

The problem seems to be that the thickness of the body varies from one replica to another. Not all of them are the same, so a grill made for one might not fit another brand of Mauser. What we need is for someone to print an exact replacement for the AW with the clips the stock piece has.

I'm pretty sure the DEC pewter grill is going to fit, but it'll take a little bit of work with the Dremel to force it into place. The airsoft magazine section is thicker than the Denix.

The back side (pictured) fits fine. Going to need to fill in the retention slot from the stock plastic piece somehow.

20170405141137-81619a45-me.jpg

... but it hits the scope attachment bracket on the other side, and will need to be ground down a bit. (which I have not yet done) Then it should snug in a little closer, which will help close up more of the gap inside.

20170405141152-acbfdb63-me.jpg

Bottom. You can see it doesn't fit in super flush, but should still be fine. It'll be better once it can pushed in more flush, but a little more will need to be ground down to get clear of the scope attachment first:
20170405141142-a837f636-me.jpg

Front. Looks decent from this angle:
20170405141146-416302d5-me.jpg

The problem seems to be that the thickness of the body varies from one replica to another. Not all of them are the same, so a grill made for one might not fit another brand of Mauser. What we need is for someone to print an exact replacement for the AW with the clips the stock piece has.

Ya I designed my grille for my TFA build on a HFC m712 airsoft. There is a big difference between the denix and the HFC but obviously I'm not sure about the discrepancies between the different models of airsoft mausers themselves. The front of the HFC measures out to 0.905in while the denix is 0.805in. Give or take a thousands of an inch.

What is the width of the magazine holder that the grill clips over? I know it's thicker than a Denix. Can someone measure it?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back