Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member boochydog's Avatar
    From
    Pierre, SD
    Jun 12, 2017, 8:59 AM - Re: Building an Ark of the Covenant from our kit #51

this is a great read. thanks for the great pics as well!
  2. RPF Premium Member bluerealm's Avatar
    From
    Dallas
    Jun 12, 2017, 9:28 AM - Re: Building an Ark of the Covenant from our kit #52

boochydog said: View Post
    this is a great read. thanks for the great pics as well!
    Thanks.
  3. Member Since
    Aug 2016
    Aug 12, 2017, 3:19 AM - Re: Building an Ark of the Covenant from our kit #53

Hi Philip.

Any news about the carrying poles and the embroidered cloth sleeves for the completion of ark kit ?

Thanks.
    From
    Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas
    Aug 14, 2017, 6:35 AM - Re: Building an Ark of the Covenant from our kit #54

DCM74 said: View Post
    Hi Philip.

Any news about the carrying poles and the embroidered cloth sleeves for the completion of ark kit ?

Thanks.
    There isn't.

The status is the same as it's been for some time. Just waiting on me to dive into getting the sleeves sorted out, which was very frustrating when I last worked on it.

The poles themselves, we can run at any time.

pw
  5. RPF Premium Member
    Feb 8, 2018, 2:46 PM - Re: Building an Ark of the Covenant from our kit #55

Philip!
    This kit is stunning!!!! Well done!! Best propkit I have ever seen!! Well worth the money! Amazing
  6. Member Since
    Sep 2014
    4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 2:51 PM - Re: Building an Ark of the Covenant from our kit #56

Hey Guys!

I've begun my build with your kit, and though I have said it privately, I must say it publicly too - AMAZING! I was stoked just to pull the cherubs and cast parts out. Can't stop humming the Well of the Souls theme from Raiders. Anyway, I have the miters joined for the Mercy Seat (the top). I wanted to make sure as I am getting ready to make cuts in my MDF boards - from the pics it looks like the MDF boards are inside the top trim (the large mitered pieces) rather than on top of the large trim pices. Both top and bottom. Am I correct? Sometimes my eyes fool me. Thanks ahead of time! Just want to be sure before I start cutting and gluing.

By the way, the miters fit perfectly. The tutorial really helps.
  7. Cast From Original RPF Premium Member sskunky's Avatar
    From
    UK.
    4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 2:59 PM - Re: Building an Ark of the Covenant from our kit #57

dbetters said: View Post
    Hey Guys!

I've begun my build with your kit, and though I have said it privately, I must say it publicly too - AMAZING! I was stoked just to pull the cherubs and cast parts out. Can't stop humming the Well of the Souls theme from Raiders. Anyway, I have the miters joined for the Mercy Seat (the top). I wanted to make sure as I am getting ready to make cuts in my MDF boards - from the pics it looks like the MDF boards are inside the top trim (the large mitered pieces) rather than on top of the large trim pices. Both top and bottom. Am I correct? Sometimes my eyes fool me. Thanks ahead of time! Just want to be sure before I start cutting and gluing.

We need pics. ����
  8. RPF Premium Member bluerealm's Avatar
    From
    Dallas
    4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 3:00 PM - Re: Building an Ark of the Covenant from our kit #58

dbetters said: View Post
    Hey Guys!

The top and bottom mdf boards sit down in the notched edges of the large boards you have fit together. the notches should fit a 1/2" piece of mdf. So, yes, inside the mitered boards. The gap there between the mdf and the mitered pieces you'll want to fill with epoxy, till it's flat and has no bubbles.
  9. Member Since
    Sep 2014
    4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 3:21 PM - Re: Building an Ark of the Covenant from our kit #59

bluerealm said: View Post
    The top and bottom mdf boards sit down in the notched edges of the large boards you have fit together. the notches should fit a 1/2" piece of mdf. So, yes, inside the mitered boards. The gap there between the mdf and the mitered pieces you'll want to fill with epoxy, till it's flat and has no bubbles.
    Perfect! I just did a test fitting and it looks great. I have ordered the putty that you recommended for filling gaps and was planning on using that when it arrives tomorrow.

Sskunky I will post pics as soon as I get a chance. Not sure if you wanted them to help answer my question or if you just wanted build pics. I am going to start a thread on here for anyone interested.
  10. Member Since
    Sep 2014
    4 Days Ago  Apr 16, 2018, 4:40 PM - Re: Building an Ark of the Covenant from our kit #60

Would you mind sharing how you cut the 45 degree angle on the edge (I'm assuming a table saw) but also leaving the 1/16" of the edge straight? Would you suggest making the 45 degree cut first and then making a rip cut along the edge to get the 1/16" straight section?

I'm referring to the short sides that attach to the legs, I thought when I was commenting that it would just post under that section. so the plywood end that goes into the leg at 45 degrees is what I am referring to.