New Flash Gordon Action Figures

Tildane

The Flash Gordon franchise could have been huge. Thankfully Alex Ross gave us some fantastic figures, my favourite is General Klytus of course. But there were so many more action figures that could and should have been produced.

Previously when I have made custom figures from something (Doctor Who) suddenly they are being produced and brought out in the shops before I knew it. So In that same vein, here are my 3D Printed Flash Gordon action figures.

guards.jpgMings Royal Guard, seen at the beginning of the film and around the palace. The face plate is a 3D scan from one of the originals while everything else is a 3D model created from scratch. This is one of my favourite designs.WP_20160805_001.jpg

Body and legs.jpgKlytus and Guard.jpgHopefully the same scale as Alex Ross

Attachments

• Body and legs.jpg
    Body and legs.jpg
    507.3 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
One of Red Guards with the long proboscis. Who ever designed this was either crazy or a genius.View attachment 653008 Genius in my opinion!

WP_20160728_001.jpgWP_20160727_002.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20160727_002.jpg
    WP_20160727_002.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Amazing what one can achieve these days with 3D printing ... love the details ... I presume these are 1/6th scale?

Chaim

These are great - the Bif Bang Pow line you've scaled these too stopped short of Vultan and Aura so you should try those next!!

Vultan was one of the first ones I was going to make and as Brian Blessed lives in my area I want to approach him for a head scan but I havent built up the courage yet.

WP_20160824_004[1].jpgWP_20160824_005[1].jpg I've started working on refining the Hawkman model. It seems the easiest to start. I've had some problems printing the finer parts like legs and arms so I have broken them up like the action figures. It's so frustrating to come back to the 3d printer while trying to print the body and head only to discover that it stopped somewhere near the top. By breaking it down its quicker to go back and print it again if there's a problem.

DSC_0036.JPG This is my copy of a Flash Gordon mask copied from an original. I 3d scanned it into the computer and used it for my model.

Still watching this thread with great interest - would love to so a piece on you and your kits for my website www.gordonisalive.com
Meanwhile on the same subject (and in the same scale!) here is my almost finished Rocket Cycle model...
IMG-20170807-WA0000.jpg

DSC_0056[1].JPG DSC_0055[1].JPGhere's a trial head. I tried poly sculpting Vultans face from pictures on the internet but there are far and few side shots. In the end I have to guess most of it. I'm not good enough to make the beard in 3D so I printed the head as is and then sculpted the beard in milliput.

Attachments

• DSC_0054.JPG
    DSC_0054.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 255
Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back