So, I made a real MOVIE... DVD release June 27th!

tmax

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Check out the trailer to my movie - BROKEN

Yup, been wanting to make a movie for a few years now. Spent 18 months in pre-production, then shot this feature length film in 26 days. Currently in post-production with the plan for early release 2018. Made on the smell of an oily rag, this is a super low-budget indie film. All the actors were volunteers, except for one - Wayne Hapi, who played alongside Cliff Curtis in "The Dark Horse", a great New Zealand film. Wayne actually wanted to do it for free, but we opted to gift him some money.

We shot it on the Black Magic 4k and a bit on the Pocket. None of the crew had any movie experience going into this project, so a huge learning curve for all. Except for our stunt co-ordinator Augie Davis. He's done a bunch of movies (LOTR, Hobbit, Ghost in the Shell, etc).

My role - writer, director, producer, editor... like I said, indie as! Lol!

To keep this "on topic" for props, see if you can spot a replica prop in the trailer. It's from my own collection. Was fun using a replica prop as an actual prop for my film. Got dropped a few times and thrown around a bit, but I figure it was all adding to the weathered look of the prop. No real guns are used in this movie. Most are just bb guns, some metal, some plastic, which work a treat especially the gas blow-back versions. A bit of muzzle flash in post along with the right sound effect and you're good to go! We had 1 blank firing hand gun, the one in the smoking gun shot, which is actually a burning cigarette shoved down the barrel. Ha ha.

We only loaded the trailer just over a day ago and it's already had over 4.5k views. So please, view away as every view bumps it up the pile.

And a HUGE thank you to everyone here on the RPF. You guys continue to inspire me no end and definitely had a huge part in helping me believe that I could pull this off.

Cheers,
Tarry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: So, I made a real MOVIE... watch the trailer here!

Looks legit! Congratulations on pulling off the feat!:thumbsup

Nice goin', tmax! I'll be lookin' forward to the full feature next year!

Chur bro,

The Wook

Wow, great visuals! No movie experience? The DoP has real talent. I bet that Hollywood is going to know on your door to remake this into a big budget action movie, although I cannot imagine that the visuals would be much different. What are your distribution channels? How is an international audience going to see this movie? Did you already book tickets to Cannes to sell your movie there?

That looks like something I'd watch! Reminds me a lot of Once Were Warriors. Loved that movie when I saw it way back when. Can't wait to see this.

Looks very good ! The cinematography is indeed very well done from what I can see ! And you have all my respect, I work in production and I know how things can get rock'n roll sometimes, especially on a low budget. Being able to pull this off takes a special kind of people, the kind you don't see often. And I echo DaddyfromNaboo, I don't know if you've found a distributor yet, but if you can go to Cannes, it is the place to be to promote your film ! Do try to subscribe your movie to festivals too, there is the TIFF coming soon by example, although it might be to late for this one this year, but there are plenty more all over Europe and America !

You pulled off something very special. Speaking from experience, I know how tough that can be. WELL DONE!!

Wow, that looks great! How'd you like the BMPC? Did you notice any fixed pattern noise issues in the low light stuff? ProRes or Raw? Details man!

SB

Very cool, and it looks really well made.
First real film I have seen that features Maori :)

This looks good, I'll certainly be giving it a watch. Nicely done, looks very pro and great production value to it for such an indie movie.

Very cool, and it looks really well made.
First real film I have seen that features Maori :)

Try this one, starring Jango Fett, but he gets to act in this one!! great movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110729/?ref_=nv_sr_1

WOW! That production crew has some real talent. That is every bit as professional looking as anything out in theaters right now, and didn't cost $100 million plus!

Wow, looks like a beautifully made movie! It's wonderful to see people putting their talents to something creative!

My only complaint would be that the music seems to drown out the dialog, but it could just be the sound on YouTube.

Anyway, looks really excellent! Congratulations and good luck to you on this!

WOW! That production crew has some real talent. That is every bit as professional looking as anything out in theaters right now, and didn't cost $100 million plus!

Yeah, some people in Hollywood should get some advice from people like this.

This looks good, I'll certainly be giving it a watch. Nicely done, looks very pro and great production value to it for such an indie movie.

Try this one, starring Jango Fett, but he gets to act in this one!! great movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110729/?ref_=nv_sr_1

In my opinion Temuera was rather underutilized in Episode 2.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back