DEADPOOL (Movie Suit) W.I.P

skull splitt3r

I know, I know, I'm a little late on the whole Deadpool Movie suit bandwagon, but hey! At least I made it, that has to count for something right? I hope it does, Ok anyways I need to talk about my suit! Now don't be upset since the company I used does have a not so great rep here on the RPF, I used Zentai-Zentai (Don't hit me with the ban hammer,PLEASE! ); ), I used them due to money restrictions since I only had $100 to my name at the time due to my birthday being that past week. I decided I wanted a Deadpool suit from the movie. Ever since I first saw the test footage that was leaked online I knew I wanted that suit, and once the movie came out I had to have it!

So long story short, I bought the suit. I found the best pattern I could find with all of the correct weathering and battle damage from the movie itself I told Zentai what I wanted and for it all they only asked for $90! I can't forget to thank KenLandrum for making the original pattern for the pattern that ClintF for modified that I used :) Originally Zentai's processing time is about 2-3 weeks and custom suit making time is 4 weeks, I think correct me if I'm wrong. But they had the suit made in about a week and shipped it and it took 3 days to get to my post office but it being 4th of July weekend I had to wait. I picked it up at the UPS shipping center it was at and once my eyes first layed upon it I couldn't wait to try it on!

With this being my first Dye-Sub suit it really disappoint, it had all the detail it was supposed to have the only issue being too much elastic at the neck and the red being a tad too light. Clint addressed this in Kens Deadpool file thread and what he did to fix that issue.

But anyway I bought that and I also bought an inexpensive faceshell from Ebay to go with my lenses I got from Ken, which arrived a few days before the suit did. The faceshell is supposed to be for a TASM2 mask but I'll use it for Deadpool for the time being since I am buying a new mask that comes with a faceshell soon. As for the accessories like his katana scabbard/strap, gun holsters, belt/belt buckle/ knife/knife sheath, boot guards and the rest of the straps I will have to post pics later as they are mainly done as of now.

Until next time, Stay Tuned :)

~skull splitt3r~

Last edited:
Alright...now, who's ready for pictures?! OK enough joking around here's a few pics of my suit and my accessories that I either made myself or I just modified. First the suit 14704640195291340326779.jpg, now the mask that came with the suit with Ken's lenses on it with the 30$ shell I bought1470464138280193641635.jpg, now for the accessories1470464321566183788719.jpg, oh and a side shot of the mask1470464501334-1049933354.jpg.

Alright that's all for now I'll post pics of me in the suit and everything on as soon as I get the gun holsters done, which will be very soon. If you have any questions or comments feel free to leave anything I'm open the you guys. Thanks :)

~skull splitt3r~

Looks like we both waited to finish Deadpool costumes.

The dye sub turned out nice. I really like the dirt and damaged version of Ken's pattern.

For the mask, are you planning to pull the fabric tight against the eye shells so it lines up with the pattern, or no?

Looks like we both waited to finish Deadpool costumes.

The dye sub turned out nice. I really like the dirt and damaged version of Ken's pattern.

For the mask, are you planning to pull the fabric tight against the eye shells so it lines up with the pattern, or no?

Yeah I thought the dye sub was fantastic with it being my first, I'm not sure if Ken's had the damage or not but ClintF modded his to be what you see here :)

About the mask I will probably get some dye for the suit to make it darker so it doesn't turn pink in areas like my traps, leg/knees, arms and so forth. But sometime I would like to buy a new deadpool mask with the lenses and all :)

Since I have a shell underneath the mask/lenses I decided to heat up the lenses since they are 3d printed and form them to get that right deadpool shape :)

As of right now I have magnets that came with the shell attaching the eyes since the eyes on the actual mask look a little wonky since Zentai-Zentai sewed mesh into the eyes but I think it looks better this way :)

One of the things I'm most proud about in doing this is the boot guards, I made them all by myself and they are made out of foam board, I just etched the details in with a pen and just started painting and in person they don't even look like foam they look like the ones from the movie same type of material and all :)

I hope your deadpool suit is coming along good I can't wait to see an update :)

~skull splitt3r~

I've been pouring over close ups of the movie for fabric reference and i finally found it, it's called dot textured interlock polyester knit. Looking at this picture, I noticed that the mask is a semi stretchy, cloth type material, not spandex or shiny fabric. it also had this, sort of, waffle pattern to it, or rather, a micro checker board. I found the fabric here, http://s7d1.scene7.com/is/image/Onl...ured InterLock?wid=2000&qlt=90,1&op_sharpen=1, however it is blue, so the search continues. deadpool-2-filming-start-date.jpgDot Textured InterLock.jpg

Guys..... What's going on?! Seriously, I'm not mad or anything it's just the thread says it has 400+ views and only 2 replies? I think we can do better☺ I know your probably thinking "why does this guy even care what we think of his deadpool suit, and why is he still talking?" I care because I like to hear what peoples opinions are whether they are good or bad (preferably good), and what advice you guys can give me to make my suit better.

Once again I am not angry I would just love some interest and would really like some criticisms, advice and opinions☺ Now if anyone of the 400+ has anything to add be my guest my RPF friends☺

I almost forgot, I always keep forgetting to do a suit up, I just made his gloves so the suit up is VERY close so stay tuned☺

~skull splitt3r~

Last edited:
Man it's been forever. I think it's time for me to revive this thread because I still have yet to do a proper suit-up. I will be doing one soon maybe even in video form we'll see. but I shall return with a suit-up!

Stay tuned :)

Major Update!!

I suited up! Here are some pics I took a few minutes ago. The colors are a little saturated and dull looking on my phone but in reality they are darker and more vibrant if you know what I'm saying, basically the same as the movie. There are a few issues with the stitching down the zipper which I fixed myself. But other than that I love my suit, this July will mark 1 year having the suit.

I still need to dye the suit to make it a little darker and prevent fading. Since I took the pics really fast I didn't have time to put on all my accessories like the belt and shoulder strap and stuff like that. I don't have my lenses on due to missing magnets and I'm not done working on them to make them better looking.

Like I said this was just a quick suit up so please excuse the quality. Also please excuse my physique regarding my waist as I need to work on that more [emoji2] But without further delay here are the pics of the suit up.
Also I need to point out, this is the first time in 3 years I have shown my face, so yeah enjoy! Not my face of course[emoji1]

e86fd9c1defb3dfffdb362682f591c6f.jpg

66bf0105a6e862e43e9fd093898478a5.jpg

529775598e73938242a7dc66489bfd2c.jpg

69f45c2df37b4ab02133d681f6133f15.jpg

350d9d5989f6335484863e507871b88e.jpg

96e6771f235c5f1328ee99e4cc620a42.jpg

7398bb68c43574d462c185c5ea808c06.jpg

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Man, I haven't posted to this thread in a long while!! I think it's about time I change that :)

Starting off, since it's going on 2 years since Deadpool released I only found it fitting to re-visit my costume. Saying so, Deadpool 2 is due to release this may and for that I plan to upgrade my suit, starting with my faceshell.

I bought this on eBay in November and I must say it's a major improvement over the last one. I've attached a few pictures of me wearing the exact mask that came with the suit. What do you guys think of the new shell?

It has interchangeable lenses which I have shown in the pictures, I had the pure white lenses in when I took these which was after I received it and couldn't wait to put it on :)

I currently have another pair of see-through lenses that I have applied a mesh to attached to the eye pieces.

Also to state, I have Ohayocon coming up at the end of the month and plan to have most of the Deadpool 2 upgrades done by then. With all that being said.. Stay tuned!! This is bound to be fun, I'm so glad I got back into this :)
53e178fe2f6c7ae736d02ccb7f1ceeae.jpg
9a1128c952972aa72f15643e3f6c841d.jpg
04b706d421a24ec21d92b1eb1f47466a.jpg
a6cd4cccc2c4401d0f49dec717df2247.jpg
2aaa8381cb41a653b8dcc2273563ac2b.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back