Jakks Pacific BB-8 Big Fig repaint!

Has anyone taken this apart and tried putting a heavy weight in the bottom to make it act as a weeble wobble so the legs arent needed?

Last edited:
Has anyone taken this apart and tried putting a heavy weight in the bottom to make it act as a weeble wobble so the legs arent needed?

I LIKE this idea...

I was going to find one of those dog bowl holders and rest it in that... I hate the tripod legs

Well there's certainly enough room for a nice weight right in the bottom! Would also be Too to modify the pop out arm to be a little drawer for the map device to go into.

As far as the weight goes, you would have to put it more towards the battery compartment side, since the head is not exactly in the top center, it's a bit offset, otherwise he wouldnt "sit" with the head directly on top.

IMG_8768.JPGIMG_8769.JPGIMG_8770.JPGIMG_8771.JPG

Last edited:
I picked up one of these BB-8's at B&M bargains this weekend

Gave it some quick weathering & I'm pretty pleased with it

also gave my big fig R2-D2 a quick going over

Attachments

• IMG_5804.JPG
    IMG_5804.JPG
    420.9 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_5791.JPG
    IMG_5791.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_5789.JPG
    IMG_5789.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5783.JPG
    IMG_5783.JPG
    371 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5782.JPG
    IMG_5782.JPG
    369.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5778.JPG
    IMG_5778.JPG
    364.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5772.JPG
    IMG_5772.JPG
    333.4 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5771.JPG
    IMG_5771.JPG
    330.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5770.JPG
    IMG_5770.JPG
    255.1 KB · Views: 110
Target price matched the Amazon Prime price in case anyone wants to go that way.

I want to do a little light weathering on mine make the details pop. I'm thinking of a wash of watered down light brown acrylic paint.

Here's my nearly finished BB-8. I don't really mind the stands so I'm going to paint those metallic silver and also add a real lighter to the arm instead of the cheap looking thing that it comes with.

IMG_0169 copy.jpg

Really appreciate the examples and diversity of ' how to ' with these weathering mods . Thanks gang . Only found this thread recently , and wasn't sure where to ask / go . So......

I've just managed to pick up a non - electronic version ( affordable ) , one . Does anyone know if an electronic ' kit ' is available for purchase here or elsewhere ? , and if not , could someone possibly advise what components / leds / boards etc... would be suitable for this project ?

Any help / advice greatly appreciated .

Ged

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back