Having real problems with a commission

Anyone still interested in the story. I did get some money back from him. Of the $2700 owed he has given me approx $145 in two seperate payments. This was last year, he promised that it would be paid up by May of this year and I haven't heard anything from him as he won't reply to me and he's blocked me on Facebook. Currently about to explore legal options but there is probably nothing I can do.

Anyone still interested in the story. I did get some money back from him. Of the $2700 owed he has given me approx $145 in two seperate payments. This was last year, he promised that it would be paid up by May of this year and I haven't heard anything from him as he won't reply to me and he's blocked me on Facebook. Currently about to explore legal options but there is probably nothing I can do.

Sounds like a Name and shame is in order for him.

I'm trying to be careful what I say as I would rather get people's views than risk breaking any rules etc.

Last edited:
Well you cant name him so why not name who told you that? Be nice to know who here is protecting a thief. And yes. you take someones money and don't give them product or a refund your a thief.

Last edited:
I think it may have been because I mentioned something that wasnt really relevant.

Last edited:
If I were you I would start up one of those free web sites and dedicate it to him. Write about what you told us here only in finer detail, and provide evidence, emails, receipts, etc, only this time mention his name repeatedly. What will happen is that eventually he'll get a bad rep on the ole interweb. Then tell him you'll take it down as soon as you receive your refund.

I'm not sure what any of that has to do with therpf. Since when does working for a school put in out of therpf realm.? I want to know both who not to buy from but also who not to sell to. So this site is going to let this guy slide because he is a teacher at SWS? There is more to this story than that.

I'm not sure you mentioned it but what did you get commissioned?

I contacted one of the places he teaches at about it. They have been in touch and im just waiting to see what they say about it. I can't imagine they can do anything.

Last edited:
Yea, I find it very interesting that you can't mention his name. Studio or not, it's the individual
Who took the comission. Other's should have the right to know, so he can be avoided.

I'm sure there might be legality issues when the school's name and reputation was lumped into this. I'm sure the site has to worry about libel lawsuits when it comes to stuff like this. I find that most decisions, even if not explained to us, are made with the utmost care. If they remove something it is usually for the good/protection of the site as well as for the good of the community. Maybe Montagar can come in and explain it better, or if need be, he can privately message you to explain it out if the public view. :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure there might be legality issues when the school's name and reputation was lumped into this. I'm sure the site has to worry about libel lawsuits when it comes to stuff like this. I find that most decisions, even if not explained to us, are made with the utmost care. If they remove something it is usually for the good/protection of the site as well as for the good of the community. Maybe @Montagar can come in and explain it better, or if need be, he can privately message you to explain it out if the public view. :thumbsup

Yes I didn't really think of that to be honest. I've edited it out my posts. I did make sure to say though that it had nothing to do with them.

There is no RPF rule that you can not name a person or member who has defrauded you. If your side of events is fraudulent, then you risk being banned. But on face value, you are on solid ground.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back