Stranger Things - D&D Miniatures & Other Props

Troglodyte army with cut up bases done!

image.jpeg

And i I just got my walkie talkie and dinosaurs. They even make the same bootlegged Godzilla roar they do in the show.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm rewatching everything now and finding some more cool stuff. Mike has a Castle Grayskull in his room, blink and you'll miss it. Luckily I already have one of those ;)

IMG_1205.PNG

And a few more miniatures on his dresser that fall over when Eleven slams the door shut:

IMG_1206.PNGIMG_1207.PNG

And looking at the Map Board, it appears that they taped the grid paper over some other board game bifold board, as the back is a standard black textured finish, but you can see the tape around the edges.

IMG_1209.PNGIMG_1210.PNG

I managed to find a larger version of that closeup from the props article, i enlarged it some more and brightened it up. Great color reference for painting your miniatures. Looks like a bookcase miniature in the background, as well as another identical Barbarian, probably a backup/extra

props-in-netflix-series-stranger-things-1.jpg

those came out fantastic!
as many of the members know, before i was making props my main hobby was making, molding, producing, and painting pewter miniature for table top gaming... mostly dnd.
if i were able to collect one of each of these guys it would be rather easy for me to do runs of them...in particular the demogorgon seeing as there is one on auction now going for $112.50....it might be the better way to go.
just an idea...:)

Finished up the main 3 team miniatures! I just have to believe that dwarf is Dustin, it's too perfect.

View attachment 652375View attachment 652376

Last edited:
Are there legal walls to making copies of miniatures currently being sold, such as the Reaper Wizard? Even the Demogorgon is being reissued.

I can say with relative certainty that the Ral Partha dungeon party that the barbarian comes from is not currently being produced. The same goes for the Grenadier Dragon Lords dwarf regime. That said, I think the rights probably still lay with Iron Winds for the Ral Partha stuff, and with Mirliton for the Grenadier stuff. IMO it's definitely unethical to do recasts for profit of kits or models that are in production, i.e. China knockoffs of Forge World minis. However, to make copies of out-of-print miniatures for display purposes, so peeps can avoid exorbitant prices on eBay feels pretty okay.

Just my two cents.
ultraman I did not know your background was in casting miniatures. Painting minis is pretty much 50% of my hobbies. The whole industry from concept to finished production parts fascinates me. Sounds like a fun job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow! Thanks for that link! Man so much reference! Their dice and bag, more boards and binder sheets and games!

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.24.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.24.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.23.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.24.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.24.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.24.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.24.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.26.20 PM.png

It looks like there was also a Troglodyte barbarian, though it wasnt used in the shots seen in the show:

Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.23.53 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.38.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 3.38.55 PM.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 429
Last edited:
i actually owned that same one as a kid! LOL
drew all my pictures of garfield and spaceman spiff from calvin and hobbes in there.
it had a bunch of those scratch and sniff stickers covering the back of the trapper keeper.
now i'm starting to wonder if its still around at my parents house somewhere...hmmmmmm?

have to get your pink tile designer series trapper keeper

View attachment 653414
View attachment 653415

Toysrus currently carries a 4 pack of the dinosaurs, different from the 2 packs I got earlier. So they probably just went to toysrus and got these. Made by Boley.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back