Turbolaser from Star Wars IV

Mindmax

Dear forum members,

I have seen the wonderful Turbolaser diorama from Tony Agustin from 2003.

I was so fascinated from his work that I decided to build one as well.

As I was not a model maker and have never tried to build something from scratch this project has been a big challenge for me.

The X-Wings are from Bandai 1:72.

In total it took me 200 hours +.

I hope you like it!

Mark

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your friendly words! I am very happy that I could show you my model and that you like it! Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Haha, not sure about that. After this Turbolaser I have already built a small version of the turbolaser which matches the small x-wings from the Miniature Game.
But now I think I would like to build the escape pod from Star Wars IV. I don't know if I can make it because it looks complicated to me and I don't have vacuum forms or a 3D printer or anything like that.

Very cool! I remember seeing the Tony Agustin one and loving it.

I'd love to do two A-Wings attacking the SD deflector tower, but I have no idea how you'd make that tower, even a small section!

Hi Jason,
Thank you!
The turbolaser is not very complicated if you see the attached pictures showing how I made it. It is just very time consuming. Many of these plastic parts can easily build by yourself. If you have questions to special parts I will help you as good as I can.
Give it a try!
Mark

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you joberg!

Very nice work, thanks for posting. It looks like you got the colours matched very well on all the painting, tower and x wings, too.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back