My Heath Ledger Joker Costume

georgecosplay

Just wanted to show off my Dark Knight Joker a bit really, all compiled from various parts of the Internet or charity shops/cheap clothing stores, cost me about £60 in total, I just need to sort out a wig and I'm hoping to attach some toy grenades to the inside of the coat too, let me know what you think as I'm always up for talking about Heath Ledger's costume from the film.
2a287b63388536917f2fbba86901d3ad.jpg
736b2725b6aa539c20f7fa3ac0db5eab.jpg
5ca77c71e720fb3946b2d11c4606cb65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've found some navy pinstripe pants that I'm gonna use as a substitute since purple pinstripe is way out of my budget at the minute, maybe one day, plus I think I may be able to replace the lining at some point in my coat with a better colour, since purple is wrong:/

Great choice, I considered that one too until I found this coat, lots of nice parts to the Bank Robber Joker to look out for, I'll be interested to see how it looks:)

Oh yea if I found that outfit you did I would have to go with that one. I'm hoping to have it done by Halloween but I've got two other costumes I'm working on so I'm a little behind lol

Where'd you get the outer purple coat? Looks great!

I actually got really lucky and found it on eBay for £18.50 (posted), was shocked, fits perfectly and is a very near match for the price, a few subtle details that aren't perfect but overall it's a great substitute, it's the brand 'Changes By Together' if that helps at all:)

I've found some navy pinstripe pants that I'm gonna use as a substitute since purple pinstripe is way out of my budget at the minute, maybe one day, plus I think I may be able to replace the lining at some point in my coat with a better colour, since purple is wrong:/

Oh the lining. I forgot I need to get that done too. I have the Hot Topic Tripp coat that had no lining whatsoever. Another I want to do it attach the grenades on the inside but I could never find some toy grenades that matched the ones in the movie.

Oh the lining. I forgot I need to get that done too. I have the Hot Topic Tripp coat that had no lining whatsoever. Another I want to do it attach the grenades on the inside but I could never find some toy grenades that matched the ones in the movie.

What's the hot topic coat like? I'm in the UK so we don't have that here and I've always wondered what sort of quality their products are?

I'd rate Hot Topic clothing a step above "nice deluxe Halloween items" but below everyday wear clothing. The jacket I got was from the year TDK premiered, and I love it! It feels like a normal jacket you'd wear out. It's a little thin but I imagine adding a line will make it feel more snug on me. Your's looker more warm.. and wool?

IMG_3575.JPGIMG_3576.JPGIMG_3577.JPGIMG_3578.JPG

They had re-released it for last years Halloween but I saw it in store and it was no where close to the quality of mine. I think a different manufacturer was making it. It seemed SUPER thin.

I'd rate Hot Topic clothing a step above "nice deluxe Halloween items" but below everyday wear clothing. The jacket I got was from the year TDK premiered, and I love it! It feels like a normal jacket you'd wear out. It's a little thin but I imagine adding a line will make it feel more snug on me. Your's looker more warm.. and wool?

View attachment 649883View attachment 649884View attachment 649885View attachment 649886

They had re-released it for last years Halloween but I saw it in store and it was no where close to the quality of mine. I think a different manufacturer was making it. It seemed SUPER thin.

That looks like a nicely made replica, thanks for sharing the photos, definitely recognise able with some nice details like the buttons on the cuffs, mine doesn't have that, and yeah the one that I have is wool so it's pretty heavy as its meant as an actual coat for winter wear, not sure that I'd actually wear it out though haha

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back