Batman - Justice League Suit Patterning

kiyominai

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone,

I'm just about finished with my Ant-Man Civil War suit sewing pattern, so I figured I should start creating a sewing pattern for the Batman suit as seen in yesterday's trailer of Justice League

pSzG8iz.png

I buffed up the mannequin's body to simulate the Batman muscle suit, and then turned it off because it looks better enveloping an invisible body.

And yes, I do know that the Bat symbol is too huge, the program treated the Bat symbol as a piece of spandex so it stretched a bit. The seams on this suit appear more streamlined so this should not take too long.

0XwDcXQ.png

Last edited:
And the texture is coming right along to with this pattern !

You're darn right it is!

Small update: I managed to incorporate "leg day". A software glitch occured when I tried to simulate the sewing on the left leg. The fabric ruffled up and sewn itself into each other,which is strange because the right leg has a symmetry tag.

*image taken down, will be replaced momentarily*

I will do more adjustments to the pants pattern as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Another update:

I managed to create the pieces that fit around the knee cap, as well as the lines for the knee cap. Since I didn't have a reference photo available, I just create the pattern from memory. I'm going to have to tweak the pattern more later, but right now, I'm just working on the general patterns and making sure they are able to sew together just fine.

Last edited:
I'm currently doing my best to figure out these unusual arm sleeves. I had to draw it out on a real mannequin just to manually reverse engineer this darn pattern.

Last edited:
And I finished the texture for the screen printing. Just a small sample :
JL_pattern_sample.png
Similar to the BvS pattern, but slightly less damaged, a bit more regular.

Attachments

• JL_pattern_sample.png
    JL_pattern_sample.png
    800.7 KB · Views: 273
This has not been printed yet, Kyiominai is going to do it on the fabric we'll select from the samples above, but I'm not going to release the file itself. The fabric will be available from the Junkyard soon though.

This has not been printed yet, Kyiominai is going to do it on the fabric we'll select from the samples above, but I'm not going to release the file itself. The fabric will be available from the Junkyard soon though.

oh i understand. that's great. will the fabric sewn together :)?
and is there any approximate date for buying kiyominai?

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i understand. that's great. will the fabric sewn together :)?
and is there any approximate date for buying kiyominai?

We currently don't have anyone who is able to sew the pattern just yet, but if you have any suggestions I'm open to them.

I have not set a date just yet, I'm currently trying to get electricity back to my shop

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back