What's the Most Accurate Replica Garflex Hilt?

Romans has some small issues that prevent it from being completely 100% accurate, but its still the best one currently available. Again, if you're after 100% accuracy, get a real one. Even there, your definition of 100% accurate will come into play as there are variations of the vintage Graflex flashes.

Or see this post in another, almost identical thread

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=276671&p=4242361&viewfull=1#post4242361

Last edited:
I can tell your Korbanth Graflex 2.0 is more FX electronic friendly. Meaning it's much easier to install sound card and LED.[/QUOTE
Roman's Empire? Korbanth? What do you have to do to make them fully screen accurate? Or is it more cost effective to just buy a vintage one? Opinions wanted from you saber masters, thanks
I think the graflex shop has the most accurate flash gun. It has been made the same way as the original from brass and then plated to match an original. I think it is the most accurate.

I think the graflex shop has the most accurate flash gun. It has been made the same way as the original from brass and then plated to match an original. I think it is the most accurate.

As all the current replicas are plated brass, could you be specific about what aspects of the TGS replica make you think it's most accurate? What shortcomings the other replicas have that it doesn't (and, ideally, what shortcomings it has itself)?

For example, do you know if a reflector will fit in it correctly? I know that was a bit of an issue with the Parks V1 back in the day, and Roman's replicas, but I don't remember seeing anyone mention it one way or the other with regards to the TGS.

I would really like to see a direct comparison with Roman's Gen2, as those seem to be the most readily available replicas currently. Personally, the TGS replica innards being an optional extra costs it points in my book -- and is a big part of why I haven't picked one up myself -- but I think the Roman's bunny ears are a definite weakness.

I just like how the question was asked in 2016. The answer will have changed over time.

And I can’t be the only one who wishes they could edit the thread title. :)

Introducing the Garflex!

Attachments

• 2E0F05EB-8741-4516-AD1E-84DA14573C7C.jpeg
    2E0F05EB-8741-4516-AD1E-84DA14573C7C.jpeg
    14.8 KB · Views: 65
I recently built up a Roman’s Gen 1 and two TGS Gen 2s. I’d give the edge to TGS, but I haven’t had a Roman’s Gen 2 to compare it with.
I think the tgs replica is the most accurate to a vintage. They did a lot of research to make the best replica. The s curve is spot on to a vintage as well as the rolled edge on the bottom half with lettering, the s curve finish is smooth compared to most of the others having a ruff edge. The bunny ears are spot on with and without the bumps for a 1" Blade. The electrical socket they make is spot on to a vintage to make an actual flash gun with all internal parts being made by them to use as a camera flash. The beer tab hole is accurate to a vintage vertuse others that are to large and inacurate. Clamp with and without lettering is very accurate. The camera flash reflector will fit the the replica with no problem.

Hello.
I bought ROMAN Graflex gen2, but the bunny ears were discolored. If the TGS bunny ears are closer to the original, I will replace the bunny ears at this time.
Are TGS bunny ears more like closer to original Graflex bunny ears than ROMAN bunny ears?

The stainless steel ones aren't available anymore anyway. MPS seems to have called it quits for the past couple of years

Romans seems good for TROS as its THE replica but it has shiny chrome buttons which is not right. I hear that the newer graflex shop fixed this issue on their own one?

I bought a cheaper Graflex replica from The Saber Armoury and have been very satisfied with it. Not too sure about the accuracies as I haven't gotten to compare it to a real one due to covid.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back