Justice League DCCU Flash Cyborg Batman Aquaman

cravera

The new suit!
From comic con
Justice-League-HD.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

original.jpgoriginal.jpg

Not really digging the armoured Flash. It just doesn't make sense to have a character, whose sole power is super speed, and weigh him down with bulky, heavy armour. Look at professional athletes, especially speed based athletes(sprinters, speed skaters, bobsledders, etc..) they wear lightweight, formfitting material that allows freedom of movement. I mean, Batman gets a skinsuit, Superman gets a skinsuit and here we have the Flash, the one character where a skinsuit makes practical sense, covered in plate armour. It's ridiculous.

What does the WB have against a Flash that looks like Flash. We have the leather covered biker Flash on TV and now we have this mess that looks like he's wearing motocross gear. Not to mention their infatuation with casting these anorexic looking guys. I'm not saying that he should be a musclebound meat head, but neither should he be a stick figure. Look at Usain Bolt, a real life worlds fastest man, he's not a huge guy, but he has muscle.

Not really digging the armoured Flash. It just doesn't make sense to have a character, whose sole power is super speed, and weigh him down with bulky, heavy armour. Look at professional athletes, especially speed based athletes(sprinters, speed skaters, bobsledders, etc..) they wear lightweight, formfitting material that allows freedom of movement. I mean, Batman gets a skinsuit, Superman gets a skinsuit and here we have the Flash, the one character where a skinsuit makes practical sense, covered in plate armour. It's ridiculous.

What does the WB have against a Flash that looks like Flash. We have the leather covered biker Flash on TV and now we have this mess that looks like he's wearing motocross gear. Not to mention their infatuation with casting these anorexic looking guys. I'm not saying that he should be a musclebound meat head, but neither should he be a stick figure. Look at Usain Bolt, a real life worlds fastest man, he's not a huge guy, but he has muscle.
I disagree. The armor he has on isn't all that bulky looking and who's to say it's not some light weight protective material? It was all ready revealed he'll wear 2 suits in the movie. One he created and an upgraded suit made by Bruce and his tech.He's not physically strong like Superman or the rest of the "metahumans" so it makes sense to have him armored up a bit especially when he'll be facing Steppenwolf and I assume some of Darkseid's army. The armored suit is nothing new. We've seen it in the comics and in recent video games. There may even be some scientific explanation they'll give it in the movie also that maybe helps him run with less resistance. You can't compare real athletes to the Flash. Athletes aren't humanly capable of what the flash does so yeah they'll wear skin tight spandex outfits. At the Flash's speed, spandex would just stretch and rip right off. As for athletes like Usain and their build, that's because they train day in and day out. Flash's speed is just his natural ability. It's what he is and doesn't train for it. He could be 300lbs and still have the same ability.

I disagree. The armor he has on isn't all that bulky looking and who's to say it's not some light weight protective material? It was all ready revealed he'll wear 2 suits in the movie. One he created and an upgraded suit made by Bruce and his tech.He's not physically strong like Superman or the rest of the "metahumans" so it makes sense to have him armored up a bit especially when he'll be facing Steppenwolf and I assume some of Darkseid's army. The armored suit is nothing new. We've seen it in the comics and in recent video games. There may even be some scientific explanation they'll give it in the movie also that maybe helps him run with less resistance. You can't compare real athletes to the Flash. Athletes aren't humanly capable of what the flash does so yeah they'll wear skin tight spandex outfits. At the Flash's speed, spandex would just stretch and rip right off. As for athletes like Usain and their build, that's because they train day in and day out. Flash's speed is just his natural ability. It's what he is and doesn't train for it. He could be 300lbs and still have the same ability.

In the comics he's always had muscle
He looks like a runner
And while I think the armor is dumb and that they should just go with textured spandex, I think the black on the suit is even dumber

It also irks me they're making bat's more armored again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the comics he's always had muscle
He looks like a runner
And while I think the armor is dumb and that they should just go with textured spandex, I think the black on the suit is even dumber

It also irks me they're making bat's more armored again.

I agree that batmans armour is terrible, but for me the flash looks awesome apart from the black, it isn't true to the comics and it also doesn't suit the costume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that batmans armour is terrible, but for me the flash looks awesome apart from the black, it isn't true to the comics and it also doesn't suit the costume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He looks like one of the new power rangers

From what I understand, this first suit is pieced together from salvaged NASA tech that is heat and pressure resistant so that he can run without his clothes just ripping off of his body.

To be fair, everybody in the comics look like body builders, so I'm cool with variations to the characters and their looks. Go back and rewatch the 90's Flash series if you really torn up about it. They made that one already. And from a cosplayer perspective, thin Flash is accessible to more of us than 'roid Flash.

Batman has had tons of different suits, and will have at least a couple for this movie, so I'm not sure why anyone would really need to sound upset about this variation. Maybe he's planning ahead to fight an enemy that would need Superman, Batman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, and Aquaman working together to defeat and he didn't think a straight spandex costume was sufficient for the only non-superpowered member of the group.

But if you're really frustrated with the look of the characters, I think the biggest problem is that Aquaman isn't wearing a swimming cap, right? Let's go into the science of that.

He doesn't need armour, he moves at light speed he can dodge everything, just like he does in the comics, And I'm not saying spandex, in the comics it is a special material designed to reduced friction and handle the stresses of moving at superspeed, later iterations, after Wally West took the mantle, were actual manifestations of the speedforce itself. Those chunks of armour sticking out will create drag and restrict movement hampering his powers.
As to his build, no it isn't his natural ability it is something that affects every aspect of him, including his metabolic state and cellular production, which has been stated in the comics numerous times as well as the current show and the previous cartoons he was on. It is artificially induced by the speed force and optimizes his metabolism for performance, so no he couldn't weigh 300lbs and still do what he does. It's not all that dissimilar from what the super soldier serum does for Captain America, it enhances and, to an extent, perfects his body.

That's exactly what this armor is for though : handling the stress of moving at superspeed. They said it in previous interviews, it's supposed to be made of the stuff they use on the nose of space shuttles, to protect from the friction heat upon re-entering the atmosphere. That's pretty cool in my book ! The tensile wires are interesting too, supposedely they're there to capture the lightning his power creates. We can clearly see in the trailer that even just stepping away from a batarang generates a mini-storm of it, and from the BvS cam footage, they're not really harmless, they're like mini tesla arcs, so tethering them to the suit makes sense, in the context of that movie. Is it exactly like the comics ? No, but I dig the more "scientifically grounded" grounded approach. Still wish the lightning was yellow and not blue, but it fits their narrative, real lightning isn't yellow.

I hate Batman's new cowl. It looked perfect in BvS. The skinny neck and those ears. Who approved this crap?

Justice League:
13699976_1154337531275373_3006194948515463680_n.jpg13754422_1154337527942040_4493770443444117803_n.jpg

Batman v Superman
13781937_10153889565743869_8167804186291884099_n.jpgVczUi_0iLT2x.jpg

He doesn't need armour, he moves at light speed he can dodge everything, just like he does in the comics, And I'm not saying spandex, in the comics it is a special material designed to reduced friction and handle the stresses of moving at superspeed, later iterations, after Wally West took the mantle, were actual manifestations of the speedforce itself. Those chunks of armour sticking out will create drag and restrict movement hampering his powers.
As to his build, no it isn't his natural ability it is something that affects every aspect of him, including his metabolic state and cellular production, which has been stated in the comics numerous times as well as the current show and the previous cartoons he was on. It is artificially induced by the speed force and optimizes his metabolism for performance, so no he couldn't weigh 300lbs and still do what he does. It's not all that dissimilar from what the super soldier serum does for Captain America, it enhances and, to an extent, perfects his body.

So how much of everything you have just listed is part of the DCEU continuity? None of it. These are adaptations. You are also citing several sources. One film adaptation cannot specifically match every other single adaptation.

This DCEU Flash doesn't move at lightspeed that we know of. And even if he could, that is just one speed. He will move regularly at much, much, much slower speeds than that. Lightspeed in this narrative would be really quite something.

He can't dodge everything. He isn't a god, he isn't omniscient. If what you stated is true about the Flash's you have watched/read about, how would he ever, ever have taken a punch?

The DCEU Flash is a young man, who has an incredible gift. What we have seen and been told so far, is that the armoured plates and parts of his own suit have been built, 3d printed and modified from NASA materials from space shuttles, as Teragon has mentioned.

You cannot state what you believe about the character from other mediums as a fact in this medium. They've actually explained the suit quite well. Like Teragon, I find the grounding of the lightning especially cool - it surrounds the character with physics, grounds him in a scientific world and adds depth. He isn't just suddenly the flash and everything is perfect. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't even learn about the speed force until his own movie.

After the fan reaction to the Green Lantern suit being ring generated (which actually even makes some sense) WB won't touch the idea of the Flash costume being speed force generated. And rightly so.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back