Justice League DCCU Flash Cyborg Batman Aquaman

Given that every other character we've been shown so far has not been depowered in any way,why would we assume that the Flash is not as fast as he is in any other iteration of the character. Even what little we've seen shows him to be on par with the tv version at the very least, and the tv version doesn't wear armour. and this silly armour/ heat sheilding could easily be replaced with a fabric that does the same without looking like paintball armour, requiring no more than a single line of dialogue "this material was made for..." just like they did for the tv show. Maintaining the sleek look that a character based on speed should have, shouldn't be especially diffcult and an explanatory line of dialogue would be easier to digest than this goofy power ranger looking mess that we've been given.

Given that every other character we've been shown so far has not been depowered in any way,why would we assume that the Flash is not as fast as he is in any other iteration of the character. Even what little we've seen shows him to be on par with the tv version at the very least, and the tv version doesn't wear armour. and this silly armour/ heat sheilding could easily be replaced with a fabric that does the same without looking like paintball armour, requiring no more than a single line of dialogue "this material was made for..." just like they did for the tv show. Maintaining the sleek look that a character based on speed should have, shouldn't be especially diffcult and an explanatory line of dialogue would be easier to digest than this goofy power ranger looking mess that we've been given.

Except, they have been powered down. And they have unique power levels for the DCEU.

Superman isn't going to move planets in the DCEU. He gets knocked sideways by a thrown train, and by bullets from a drone machine gun if he isn't heading towards it.

Wonder Woman isn't flying, and based upon the trailer footage, isn't fully bullet proof like she is in some shows/comics - she also has to work hard to deflect heavy incoming bullet fire.

In all the iterations, the Flash never has a constant speed. In some variations (Flash TV show) he is not shown to travel at lightspeed, at all. In one of the comics, he travels 13 trillion times lightspeed. There is no constant. The DCEU is set in a reality of some kind, it is not a purely comic book world. They've shown that whenever he moves he generates harmful lightning. (it damages the grocery store when he stops the robbery, it hits things in his apartment when he dodges the batarang) He needs a way to manage that. And he's also young! He might eventually get to a more classic fabric suit look once technology for the fabric has been further developed. if it had already been developed or was just conveniently waiting for him to use, I wouldn't appreciate that. Theres no development. Too convenient. There is no need to ****** on it so quickly with very, very little evidence for why it is this way, or consideration for the story being told. But of course, its your opinion, so fair enough.

The TV version wears a leather look suit that we have been told is modified by Cisco for dealing with intense heat for firefighters. To be honest, I never loved that explanation, but the suit looks OK so you never go back and question it too much.

I wouldn't mind a fabric suit similar to Supe's suit and Batman's suit ultimately, but honestly I don't see why it bothers some people so much... It's really not the first time his suit has been "armored", and I'll take this over the CW suit for sure. It's fine, but it's still a leather jacket ultimately... With a zipper right in the middle... I like that Barry custom built it for his needs. And like I said elsewhere, I wish that down the line, his next suit tames the lightning and makes it yellow and harmless in the process. But I love how it currently is wild, and appears when he's not just running but just tapping into the speed force, it's like a living thing.

I wouldn't mind a fabric suit similar to Supe's suit and Batman's suit ultimately, but honestly I don't see why it bothers some people so much... It's really not the first time his suit has been "armored", and I'll take this over the CW suit for sure. It's fine, but it's still a leather jacket ultimately... With a zipper right in the middle... I like that Barry custom built it for his needs. And like I said elsewhere, I wish that down the line, his next suit tames the lightning and makes it yellow and harmless in the process. But I love how it currently is wild, and appears when he's not just running but just tapping into the speed force, it's like a living thing.

Yeah, I do love the idea of that. Possibly won't happen specifically because the TV Flash has that yellow lightning. But would be a nice extra.

I know some people are questioning why there is lightning all around him when he only steps forward, but the fact is that he has moved through the air at an insane speed even if it is only 25cm to dodge the batarang. He is still ripping apart the air as he moves through it, generating all of that power. I just looked up a quick thing on youtube, which was an explanation of someone (quicksilver in this case) moving through the air at Mach 10 (roughly 7,500mph), which is probably a good benchmark for the Flash speed in the movies, as I don't think they'll go into lightspeed specifics.

Going that fast through the air superheats things within a few inches to 400 degrees centigrade (750 farenheit), which means your blood would become a supercritical fluid if he ran right by you, and have both gas and liquid properties. And the wind he would generate would be like 6000mph winds, which is like 20x stronger than the winds of a hurricane that pick up houses and stones and anything in its path, and then throws them about like bullets.

SO. COOL.

If the flash was let loose in a city in the same way that Neo was let loose to save trinity falling, I think it would be that scene on steroids, and citywide destruction would be phenomenal. haha. (I did love that visual in Reloaded)

So if his heat shielding suit, the speedforce itself and reduced speed (ie. not always running at his top speed) stop him from killing anyone nearby when he runs, I''ll be happy :lol

My issue with the suit is that it looks stupid. I'm sorry but it does. The black in the abdomen that trails down the legs is pointless, and the yellow/gold is again barely there (similar to cw)
My main issue is that if Batman can get away with a cloth armor, why the hell is Barry wearing this hard plastic/metal/3d printed mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except, they have been powered down. And they have unique power levels for the DCEU.

Superman isn't going to move planets in the DCEU. He gets knocked sideways by a thrown train, and by bullets from a drone machine gun if he isn't heading towards it.

Wonder Woman isn't flying, and based upon the trailer footage, isn't fully bullet proof like she is in some shows/comics - she also has to work hard to deflect heavy incoming bullet fire.

In all the iterations, the Flash never has a constant speed. In some variations (Flash TV show) he is not shown to travel at lightspeed, at all. In one of the comics, he travels 13 trillion times lightspeed. There is no constant. The DCEU is set in a reality of some kind, it is not a purely comic book world. They've shown that whenever he moves he generates harmful lightning. (it damages the grocery store when he stops the robbery, it hits things in his apartment when he dodges the batarang) He needs a way to manage that. And he's also young! He might eventually get to a more classic fabric suit look once technology for the fabric has been further developed. if it had already been developed or was just conveniently waiting for him to use, I wouldn't appreciate that. Theres no development. Too convenient. There is no need to ****** on it so quickly with very, very little evidence for why it is this way, or consideration for the story being told. But of course, its your opinion, so fair enough.

The TV version wears a leather look suit that we have been told is modified by Cisco for dealing with intense heat for firefighters. To be honest, I never loved that explanation, but the suit looks OK so you never go back and question it too much.
Superman hasn't been that strong since the Silver Age. His powers are consistent with his comics and cartoon counterparts.
WonderWoman's powers are also consistent with her Comics self, since until the 90s she couldn't fly(hence the invisible jet) and she wasn't bulletproof in the comics until the new 52(which is getting retconned right now) thats why she deflected bullets with her bracelets.
Flash's speed is consistently fast enough to dodge bullets. And a heat and damage resistant fabric already exists in that universe. Batman's suit is not damaged during his fights in which he gets shot, smashes through walls.floors and windows and stands up to and exploding flamethrower.If Barry Allen can get his hands on NASA developed space shuttle heat shields then he can readily enough obtain whatever fabric the Batsuit is made from. And my issue was never with the explanation they give for the suit looking the way it does. The explanation they give is rock solid. I take issue with the fact that it is unnecessary and illogical for The Flash to wear bulky plate armour which hinders movement and weighs him down, as well as creating drag which also slows him down, when there already exists(within continuity) a perfectly good alternative, which would be more comics accurate and not look like a power ranger. Even, as you say, that this is grounded in a more real world, Nomex and Kevlar bi weave fabric is an actual thing that is heat and tear resistant and a heck of a lot easier to get than space shuttle parts and would STILL look more comic accurate than the motocross suit we get here.

As fpr the TV version, their explanation is pretty comics accurate and makes perfect sense in a real world setting. Saying that, I don't like that suit either. For what he does, baggy nonstretch fabric is totally impractical. It has the same problems as the silly armoured suit from the pics above, it hinders movement and the bagginess would create drag which would slow him down. The show, however, is good enough that I'm willing to overlook that for now, but I still get mildly annoyed when I see it. So far, this DCEU has not bought the kind of grace that the Flash TV show has.

I think I'm just going to wait until the next couple of trailers before making any opinions on this film. Aquaman/Wonder Woman look great so far, Flash's suit looks like it's one he pulled together so expecting a new suit reveal in the film, Cyborg looks nice for his 1st live action cinematic appearance and Batfleck look good.

Superman hasn't been that strong since the Silver Age. His powers are consistent with his comics and cartoon counterparts.
WonderWoman's powers are also consistent with her Comics self, since until the 90s she couldn't fly(hence the invisible jet) and she wasn't bulletproof in the comics until the new 52(which is getting retconned right now) thats why she deflected bullets with her bracelets.
Flash's speed is consistently fast enough to dodge bullets. And a heat and damage resistant fabric already exists in that universe. Batman's suit is not damaged during his fights in which he gets shot, smashes through walls.floors and windows and stands up to and exploding flamethrower.If Barry Allen can get his hands on NASA developed space shuttle heat shields then he can readily enough obtain whatever fabric the Batsuit is made from. And my issue was never with the explanation they give for the suit looking the way it does. The explanation they give is rock solid. I take issue with the fact that it is unnecessary and illogical for The Flash to wear bulky plate armour which hinders movement and weighs him down, as well as creating drag which also slows him down, when there already exists(within continuity) a perfectly good alternative, which would be more comics accurate and not look like a power ranger. Even, as you say, that this is grounded in a more real world, Nomex and Kevlar bi weave fabric is an actual thing that is heat and tear resistant and a heck of a lot easier to get than space shuttle parts and would STILL look more comic accurate than the motocross suit we get here.

As fpr the TV version, their explanation is pretty comics accurate and makes perfect sense in a real world setting. Saying that, I don't like that suit either. For what he does, baggy nonstretch fabric is totally impractical. It has the same problems as the silly armoured suit from the pics above, it hinders movement and the bagginess would create drag which would slow him down. The show, however, is good enough that I'm willing to overlook that for now, but I still get mildly annoyed when I see it. So far, this DCEU has not bought the kind of grace that the Flash TV show has.

Fair play - I can get on board with most of that, but I have to counter the friction, hinders movement and weighs him down. None of that stuff is going to hinder his movement, if we take the idea that Barry has created the first suit - he knows how he moves. He knows enough to make the suit in the first place, similar to how a lot of people here do when they make their own suits. We have to know he has made it so that he can run well. That partially explains the way the suit is broken up too. So it wouldn't hinder his movement with plates bashing together (and if it does, lets see that change as his suit progresses within the film, as we hope it will).

Weighing him down - nah. They are lightweight materials purpose designed for strength and lightness if its re-entry stuff. And if that weighs him down, he isn't going to be very useful running with someone to save them! He's also moving his entire body mass already at Mach X speed, so a few extra kilos (if that) isn't going to change anything noticeably. In the comics he regularly runs with a person/two people on his shoulders etc.

By the way, I'm definitely not against there being a material developed that enables us to have a fully comic (general comics...this one is quite comic accurate to the Injustice comics/games flash, so it is relatively comic accurate) accurate flash - I'd love that. I'd also like to see some progression to that point, just like we've seen progression with other characters so far.

Question - would we want to see the Flash ring? Would that be too corny for the DCEU? I'm 50/50 on it I think.

I'd quite like them to show the ring as a partially developed technology, and it gets finished 2/3rds of the way through the Flash solo film maybe. But also, they probably wouldn't want to concentrate too much on a ring with his character as the Lantern will soon be joining the fray.

Question - would we want to see the Flash ring? Would that be too corny for the DCEU? I'm 50/50 on it I think.

I'd quite like them to show the ring as a partially developed technology, and it gets finished 2/3rds of the way through the Flash solo film maybe. But also, they probably wouldn't want to concentrate too much on a ring with his character as the Lantern will soon be joining the fray.

I'd love to see the Flash ring, but I don't see it happening. Although there is actual scientific theory that makes it feasible, I think they call it a Hilbert Space, basically bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. But I have to wonder how close to reality they plan on keeping everything, WonderWoman is magic based and with her solo coming soon I have to wonder(no pun intended) how they intend to play that angle, we already know that she is about 5000 years old and she claims to be descendant of the greek gods in the trailer. I'm just curious hows they plan on explaining her powers and heritage, will they go the Marvel route, long lived aliens or will they stick to the magic origin.If she stays a magic being then they could loosen up other things.

I'd love to see the Flash ring, but I don't see it happening. Although there is actual scientific theory that makes it feasible, I think they call it a Hilbert Space, basically bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. But I have to wonder how close to reality they plan on keeping everything, WonderWoman is magic based and with her solo coming soon I have to wonder(no pun intended) how they intend to play that angle, we already know that she is about 5000 years old and she claims to be descendant of the greek gods in the trailer. I'm just curious hows they plan on explaining her powers and heritage, will they go the Marvel route, long lived aliens or will they stick to the magic origin.If she stays a magic being then they could loosen up other things.

From what I can tell, the DCEU seems to have no problems with magic. I mean, Enchantress is an ancient witch that according to Waller "has walked the Earth long before any of us were born." As far as the science stuff is concerned, I think they'll try to have a reasonable basis in real life theories, but definitely not as much as Nolan did.

RE: Wonder Woman's heritage - I'd like to see a connection to the crashed scout ship and its occupants in Diana's history. We know from the MOS Prequel comic that Kara Zor-El and Dev Em crashed on Earth nearly 20,000 years ago. Did either one of them, or both survive and assume the mantel of a "God"? Is there a connection to the Kryptonians and the Themyscurians in the DCEU? I hope so!!
Also; does anyone know how long a Kryptonian can live in Earth years? I reefer to a sequence from MOS where Zod is sentenced to "300 cycles" in the Phantom Zone. How long is a Kryptonian year?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back