Marvel's Luke Cage (Netflix)

Still don't get it, I guess I'll have to re-watch Luke Cage

I just can't see him breaking out of jail, getting married, then losing his wife all before he gets to Harlem.

If that's the case why not have flash backs of his wife and bar in his series.

I saw DD S1 and JJ and have been lax since then. So, just now caught up on everything aside from Punisher. binge watching DD S2, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Defenders in 4 days.

I will say that I highly enjoyed Luke Cage a lot. I felt that the music cues were odd at times that didn't seem to fit with the actions on the screen. I also didn't like how it just boiled down to brother against ******* brother. I felt this was too cliche and oddly coincidental. They made a point to show how Cage (and his brother) didn't grow up anywhere near Harlem. To find both of them battling for the "soul" of Harlem just seems weird. Neither grew up there and at least Cage had a connection.... his brother didn't.

Also felt that Luke seems to be a walking Carhartt Advertisement. He and anyone else in a hoodie is wearing Carhartt. Though his T-shirts in LC are "Rag and Bone" in Defenders they make a point that he puts on a Black Carhartt T-shirt and several times wears a Carhartt jacket over his Carhartt hoodie with his Carhartt T-shirt.

No other character in the Netflix shows wears obvious product placement.

Either way, love the show and the character.

binged season 2 in couple of days i enjoyed it greatly. loved the Luke cage app. thought the ending note was brilliant great set up for next season. i aslso have my fingers crossed they might be able to save Iron fist( Danny was never the actors fault the writing for the character was bad)

Better than season 1, and with an interesting ending ! But I think 13 episodes is too much, could be done in 10 at most and tighten the story a bit.

I think this is the reason that I'm going to be waiting a bit to watch this one...I'm just kind of burned out on them. 13 episodes seems to be 2-3 too long to me as well, and with them putting out 3-4 series per year (at least it seems like that many) it just ends up being a LOT of episodes.

I'm about halfway through season 2. I'll say this--the show has some killer music in it. I love all that old school blues/soul music. I'll pass on the hip hop, gimme that old stuff any day.

binged season 2 in couple of days i enjoyed it greatly. loved the Luke cage app. thought the ending note was brilliant great set up for next season. i aslso have my fingers crossed they might be able to save Iron fist( Danny was never the actors fault the writing for the character was bad)

They are going to give Iron First another shot since it has a season 2 due out later this year(?). I also got the feeling that Danny & Colleen's appearance was to test the waters for possibly adding Iron First to Luke Cage in case Iron Fist S2 doesn't improve on S1.

I've watched all but the final two episodes of season 2.
I didn't really follow Luke Cage in the comics, so I don't know much about his Rogues Gallery. But I dig the spin on The Serpent Society, and wonder if we'll ever see more. They set up a cliffhanger at the end of S1 with Diamondback and the Seagate scientist who "created" Luke, but I'd much rather see a more compelling villain, rather than just the Near Identical to Cage type super villain that Bushmaster is, and that Diamondback was set up to be.

Mariah is a good villain, of the type you love to hate, but she isn't really any kind of threat, at least where I am in the series. Unlike the Purple Man in JJ S1, he was spectacular. Mariah just doesn't have the same vibe. Frank Castle would have already splattered her across the wall.

Danny's appearance in LC S2 is much more palatable than his own series.

Loving Misty, she could support her own series.

Hope to finish the series this weekend.

Just a note (I haven't seen the show yet), but Cloak & Dagger connects to Luke Cage, as Misty's friend O'Reily is a main character in C&D (I think someone on TV Tropes said Misty was mentioned by O'Reily in C&D, too, but I wouldn't have picked up on it, since I haven't seen it).

Finished up S2 yesterday. The season did seem a little drug (dragged?) out, but those last four episodes were pretty intense. Overall I really enjoyed it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back