Black Panther - Civil War Suit and Texture Patterning

kiyominai

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So today, I gave a short presentation on the Black Panther suit in my program. It was totally just meant to be a short demo but I ended up wanting to take it further and decided to develop the suit pattern.

PrxuywS.png

There's a lot of work that went into the construction of the suit, a texture and design layout was printed onto pieces of fabric, then during the second phase after it's all sewn up and enveloped over the muscle suit, the rubber parts were molded cut and embedded over its corresponding pattern.

Like the Ant-Man Civil War suit, there's an undersuit that has a "vest piece" that covers it which allows for full range of motion in the arms.

HcCd3jK.jpg

Texture:

One of the most amazing things about the suit that I got my hands on is the texture, it's a weave of pairs that creates the illusion of a weave. The texture is printed on thin spandex fabric that allows the fabric to contour and accentuate the under muscles, much like the Batman DoJ and Man of Steel suit.

45rB04R.jpg

I commissioned a graphic texture from a friend of mine, and even sent him the dimensions of the fabric swatch I had, and he whipped out for me an exact to scale texture that I can use to screen print later. In addition to that, I found out I can upload textures to the folks who invented this patterning program for my own use.

7fNeVki.png

It's not really necessary that I post here but from experience I think all messages are appreciated and I'm really liking your threads (accurate pattern related in particular). Do you mind elaborating on the software you're using, your program/presentation or the amount of layers the suit has. It just occurred to me the that when you said "program" you meant the software and not a synonym for presentation. It's pretty cool if you have your own pattern making program. I don't really want to pry. Just think this deserves an immediate reply.

It's Marvelous Designer 5

It's not really necessary that I post here but from experience I think all messages are appreciated and I'm really liking your threads (accurate pattern related in particular). Do you mind elaborating on the software you're using, your program/presentation or the amount of layers the suit has. It just occurred to me the that when you said "program" you meant the software and not a synonym for presentation. It's pretty cool if you have your own pattern making program. I don't really want to pry. Just think this deserves an immediate reply.

Quick Update:

I decided to start from scratch because I was unhappy with my original progress. I wish I could treat the rubber textures as rubber textures

eVnTpM1.png

Do you know what and where the tribal designs in the rubber pieces are on the costume as well? Also is there a different texture on the gauntlets?

This is a great question as I am interested in putting this whole suit together. I cannot wait to see the progress etc.

Here's some up close pics of the costume with a new pattern other than the weave looks like 7s

05761e1160689a3da3fa6d479bff3b24.jpg
IMG_0763.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0763.JPG
    IMG_0763.JPG
    491.7 KB · Views: 436
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back