Jake Kassnoff

This is going to be a long thread because i'm not in a huge hurry to finish this one right away, but this is how it starts:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops! Thanks for catching that error early everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

A photo next to my old card board prop for comparison. IMG_20160723_102913.jpg

did a quick video about my plan to make the perfect saber replica. Leave a comment if you have any suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:
When you attempt to create the perfect lightsaber replica out of your vintage G R A F L E X there's no reason to not drill holes into the bottom and or side of the 3 cell bottom to add the D-ring clip and plastic (not rubber) T-tracks with rivets/screws depending on your STAR WARS movie of choice. Since it's going to be perfect the total value of your lightsaber will only rise above the current value of a vintage G R A F L E X 3 Cell flashgun when you use the best accurate replica and vintage greebly parts available and being the perfect replica, based of the original used on screen, ... so it should have all parts permanently attached, besides as I've said many times before ... it's most unlikely that your vintage flashgun will ever pop a lightbulb once more, so go ahead and build the best G R A F L E X based lightsaber you can and enjoy :)

Chaim

It's a real graflex so do it right. It aint the 90s anymore, wiper blades and rough eyeballing doesnt cut it anymore ;). You can chop screw heads off and glue them to the grips. I think epoxy pops off when heated or frozen so you could epoxy them on a non invasive way. Is your channel about the end result or the DIY means to get there? If it is the latter i see how it would be hard to just use roy's grips.

If you spent the money on a vintage piece, you need to do it right. Roy at Wannawanga.com has everything you need to "properly" convert this into a screen accurate prop. The tape should only be cut to a 1/2" width and should be placed under the clamp bars going around the entire circumference of the clamp. Also, you have the clamp upside down. Depending on which version you are building will also inform what side the clamp should be rotated to.

I wish you the best. Do some more research. Don't be scared to drill that tube.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL, please don't "head to the hardware store to pick up some grips"
If you are wanting to build a "perfect" replica, then best to do the research and get accurate parts for it.

Nice score on the $1 garage sale find though.

The clamp looks the same to me, just the lever is turned a half turn.

Ha ha... yeah you can turn the clamp lever so it's turned in the other direction.

Also, congrats on your find. All I ever find in antique stores are Pendelfin Bunnies and milk crates.

(just noticed that was pointed on a previous comment to a previous vid... so I'm guessing missed it?)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back